Great 'sounds' in the songs

Pags

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 24 2012, 08:07 PM)
I know, I love that part too. I always kinda flick my finger to coincide with the DING!

It's impossible not to. yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ May 25 2012, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 24 2012, 08:07 PM)
I know, I love that part too. I always kinda flick my finger to coincide with the DING!

It's impossible not to. yes.gif

laugh.gif

So true...I do this every single time. The little drum roll into the 'ding'.

Love it.

I still remember when I was younger, and my uncle was just getting me into Rush. He put that on...and said, "listen to this...wait for it". Then came the roll and 'ding'.

I never forgot that...love that part. 1022.gif

I knew the VT remix would bring this thread back to life! ;)
  • Like 1

The synth era albums are full of cool little synth noises and flourishes and "events" as Neil calls them... I couldn't begin to list them all.

On the older albums, whenever they hit the Taurus pedals... THAT was an awesome sound. ;)

On the studio version of Natural Science, in the last section (in between the "science like nature..." "the most endangered species..." etc vocals, while the band does that "choppy" riff), there's this low, gurgling synth noise panned over to one side and another synth to the other. Sadly missing from recent live versions!

• Like 1

The Body Electric. The drums and bass are just awesome in the begining, but the part I love is when the song is in full force, and theres like this big volume of music that hits ya. I just love that. Same thing with The Main monkey Business and headlong flight

Figured I'd also add my least favorite sound in the entire Rush Catalog is the high pitched "squealing synth noise" during The Garden solo. I hear it every time, it drives me nuts. Such a beautiful guitar solo ruined by some stupid squealling noise. At first I thought it was my speakers were broken, but alas its the rcording.

Edited by BigBob
  • Like 1

This one may seem kind of silly but it is one of my all time favorite songs. Lessons. The way it sounds like a teacher raising his voice at a student... YOU DIDN'T LISTEN AGAIN !!! Still gives me the chills when I hear it 37 years later.... :yes: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 4

This one may seem kind of silly but it is one of my all time favorite songs. Lessons. The way it sounds like a teacher raising his voice at a student... YOU DIDN'T LISTEN AGAIN !!! Still gives me the chills when I hear it 37 years later.... :yes:

I like how the guitar echoes what he's singing to emphasize it.

• Like 3

Opening Bass line for Cygnus X-1, Opening "Warp" in Cygnus X-1 Hemispheres, That little synth part in Force Ten at around 2:19 (I always liked it for some reason), These are some i can think up right away...

Digital Man - Alex's guitar at about 1:56, right after the line "in the science of the day." I always wait for that bit. This has probably already been mentioned, but I don't have time to read through all 43 pages of this thread!

DING!! And You and I ;) Edited by MMCXII

Losing It. The music is so strange and hypnotic, I could almost imagine it playing in the background of some big budget 80's sci fi classic! Is it an electric violin? Beautiful, whatever it is.
  • Like 2

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

OOWATANITE - April Wine

Edited by MMCXII