Great 'sounds' in the songs

Pags

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 17 2010, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 17 2010, 03:37 PM)
clipping throughout Vapor Trails.....

doh.gif

We'll slot this one into the TRF dumbest posts of 2010 contest. There's a lot of posts left to be made before the year is over, but I think this one is contender. yes.gif

The mega TOK! electronic drum sound I guess what Neil uses in various songs during ths 80's at the end of Red Tide. i've forget what it was called.

Also hear in the a lot in the intro to Big Money and in the main melody of Leave That Thing Alone.

Edited by quickfree

QUOTE (chaostrophy @ Nov 27 2004, 03:00 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 26 2004, 11:19 PM)
The guitar solo in Between the Wheels

Right on man! Great guitar solo in that song. I's almost like Alex was thinking that the song would always be obscure, a hidden gem, and he would just GO FOR IT!

Excellent choice. trink39.gif

Ditto, amazing stuff.

I've always thought that the guitar throughout Mission is simply amazing, one of the songs that really gets to me. smile.gif

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 12:48 PM)
I've always thought that the guitar throughout Mission is simply amazing, one of the songs that really gets to me. smile.gif

Mission is like....uegwhbkdsnf. Magic. One of the first Rush songs I really listened to. I remember when they started playing it at the S&A show in Calgary I went to. cool.gif Second song, right after Limelight. Amazing.

Lots of sounds but my image is from RUSH In Rio DVD in the song Tom Sawyer. The one fan on the rail clasps her hands together and looks to the heavens to say *thank you they're FINALLY here*

Love that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Feb 22 2010, 12:23 AM)
Lots of sounds but my image is from RUSH In Rio DVD in the song Tom Sawyer. The one fan on the rail clasps her hands together and looks to the heavens to say *thank you they're FINALLY here*

Love that biggrin.gif

This is a good one, and I know exactly what you mean. A very cool moment. trink39.gif

I never noticed this before, but in 'Circumstances' as the last chord rings out, listen closely, especially to the left channel. You'll hear a clean guitar echoing (delay effect) the same chord.

Open Secrets. The riff Alex plays, first heard at 0:21 and then several more times throughout the tune. So simple and yet so amazing. Sends chills down my spine every time. Same with the riff in Mission. Excellent.

The second time Ged starts the chorus of Digital Man ("He'd like to spend the night in Zion...") the cowbell rattle or whatever that is immediately following the word "Zion" absolutely thrills me. I love it. Maybe not something that's not noticeable right away, in fact it's pretty prominent, but it only happens once and I think that's what makes me love it so. 2.gif 1022.gif

I've always loved the "Wet" synth at the beginning of Territories that kinda jumps out at you. like *Psshhaaaaaww*

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Mar 23 2010, 01:47 AM)
I've always loved the "Wet" synth at the beginning of Territories that kinda jumps out at you. like *Psshhaaaaaww*

goodpost.gif common001.gif

This has probably been mentioned before but...

The song: Freewill

The time: 4:01 till 4:13 (right after one of the best solos of all time)

I love how Alex plays the one arpeggio differently than all the other times.

Very tasty yes.gif

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ Mar 29 2010, 07:02 PM)
This has probably been mentioned before but...

The song: Freewill

The time: 4:01 till 4:13 (right after one of the best solos of all time)

I love how Alex plays the one arpeggio differently than all the other times.

Very tasty yes.gif

Yeah, that's cool. yes.gif