Great 'sounds' in the songs

Pags

can think of 50 at minimum from the onset! In actuality - there's hundreds, maybe, even over 1000.

Peart smacking the hell out of his snare during Natural Science: hyperspace(defining the "7") - may be more apparent in live versions

Alex and his La Villa Strangiato solo and his layered/intricate guitars during the chorus of Between The Wheels

Geddy's bass line during the chorus to Freewill

etc.

QUOTE (streak85 @ Nov 9 2007, 06:45 PM)
Peart smacking the hell out of his snare during Natural Science: hyperspace(defining the "7") - may be more apparent in live versions

I wonder if this is the part of Natural Science that always catches my ear and makes me 1022.gif I've wanted to post about the particular bit that does that, but I'm not sure of any terminology to describe it.

I don't know much about music, I just know what I like! laugh.gif

*Hemispheres towards the end of the song, the vocals on this...

apollo was astonished...

dionysus thought me mad...

but they heard my story further...

and they wondered, and were sad...

looking down from Olympus...

on a world of doubt and fear...

*The Camera Eye 7:20 - 8:00

*Chorus to Marathon

Many Many More, laugh.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

The Camera Eye - an oscillating LFO synth sound (sample and hold) at the beginning of the song

La Villa Strangiato - when the guitar bursts out (2:00) and Geddy's awesome bass solo (6:11 - 6:14)

Turn The Page - intro bassline and the warm synth sound (0:39 - 0:40)

Middletown Dreams - part right after Alex's guitar solo (3:12)

Between The Wheels - PPG bell synth sound in choruses

Synth solos on Countdown and Subdivisions

...And of course, etc. laugh.gif

Edited by geX

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 11 2007, 11:18 AM)
Bastille Day - It sounds like the guitar solo is over, but then at about 2:50 there's this elegant and plaintive little addendum to it right before the vocal kicks back in.

That happens to be my favorite part of the song. Especially that last chord of the guitar rhythm part just before Ged starts singing again at exactly 2:52. There's something about it that just sets me off. I love it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The 3:00 minute mark of Good News First, Some would say they never fear a thing well I do.

The last two minutes of Cygnus X-1

The woah yeah yeah yeaahhh YEAH! from 2112 - ATWAS

The 3:00 minute mark of Presto, Don't ask me i'm just improvising

Ok, I just merged the other thread that was just for S&A sounds into this one. trink39.gif

In Anthem there's a really nice melodic guitar counter-melody behind Geddy's voice at 1:01 and again at 1:57 that really contrasts with the roughness of the rest of the song - always catches my ear! It's almost sweet...

(Edited because it would be nice to actually include the name of the SONG in the post! sorry, it's early...)

Edited by OriginalFan

guitar solo in fly by night in different stages at exactly 1:24

the three minute drum solo in YYZ (exit stage left version) that starts at exactly 2:20

Edited by sexy beast 97

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 12 2007, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (Melll @ Nov 11 2007, 08:04 PM)
The one that goes: "Beeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooowwwwwww", Tom Sawyer.

That's EXACTLY how I imitate that sound with my mouth. laugh.gif

I wish I had that sound isolated as its own sound effect. That would be awesome.

I like a lot of the electronic percussion sounds that Neil uses on Power Windows. A couple that come to mind are:

In the beginning of Big Money, there is a pop or bang sound that is played on the snare beat. It almost sound like a gun shot. I love it!

In Grand Designs there is a cool sound at 1:54 just before the snare/cymbal hit.

Has anyone else heard (what I can best describe as) the 'creeky door sound' in the background of The Main Monkey Business? It's very subtle, and i've only noticed it in a certain state of (what I can best describe as) heightened musical awareness. It appears a few times throughout the song.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 12 2007, 05:29 PM)
Has anyone else heard (what I can best describe as) the 'creeky door sound' in the background of The Main Monkey Business? It's very subtle, and i've only noticed it in a certain state of (what I can best describe as) heightened musical awareness. It appears a few times throughout the song.

Where (give times)