It appears that there's 3, yes 3 instrumentals on

treeduck

Three instrumentals on the new album, good or bad?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Three instrumentals on the new album, good or bad?

• 1 It's good - less chance for filler vocal tracks
    • 2 I'm not sure I like it, maybe we're missing out somehow
    • 3 No we'll get less of Geddy's voice
    • 4 I like it, it means much more variety
    • 5 I'll have to think about this one
    • 6 I don't believe it - like Highlander there can only be ONE
    • 7 I'll wait for official confirmation before I decide
    • 8 Yes, this is what could make the album great!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the three 90's instrumentals are a notch below the 78 and 81 instrumentals. But they're still pretty cool. I bet these'll be cool too! Especially reading that interview with the producer and stuff....

I'm excited!

and p.s. treeduck:

you said you wouldn't do this type of thing and here you are annoucing shit in the topics of threads. come on now. why the f**k would you spoil it for other people?

Edited by daveyt

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 25 2007, 11:22 PM)
and p.s. treeduck:

you said you wouldn't do this type of thing and here you are annoucing shit in the topics of threads. come on now. why the f**k would you spoil it for other people?

You think this is a rumour thread, why are you still here?

When the actual album title is announced, we'll be making a seperate forum just for new album discussion. It will be required that any threads containing concrete info about the album MUST contain the word SPOILER in the title.

Right now, aside from what we're seeing in interviews or blogs from the actual band members and producer, much of what is being discussed here is speculation and rumor. Rumors are not spoilers.

Well at 1st when I read this, I was kind of disappointed, but the more I think about it (more like dwell on it), then the more I get excited about it! So far everything I've heard about this album, substantiated or not, gets me more and more excited!! This is going to absolutely ROCK!!!

I'm skeptical that this is true but if it is, man, that would be fantastic. I absolutely love Rush's instrumentals, especially La Villa, YYZ and Leave That Thing Alone, but I'm hoping that at least the one that was promised will be more like "an excercise in self indulgence" then Leave which is good but no where near what Rush can do musically.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Jan 25 2007, 11:20 PM)
You know, the three 90's instrumentals are a notch below the 78 and 81 instrumentals. But they're still pretty cool. I bet these'll be cool too! Especially reading that interview with the producer and stuff....
I'm excited!

Yeah if they're doing three I'd be hoping for three very different pieces of work. Three tunes like Limbo, Where's my Thing? and Leave my thing alone would be a bit blah, but if we get another La Villa, in terms of length, complexity and scope that would be cool. They apparantly wrote these I'm assuming, based on Alex's comments, acoustically, a writing style where weak tunes cannot hide, so that should mean strong melodies.

I heard from someone who knows Greg, who's a friend of Amy who used to be the nanny for Jims kids. Anyhow, Jims youngest, Jim Jr., recently ran into Katrina, who used to run a record store back in St. Louis. Katrina has been talking with Rich about his bands latest cd, "Rumor Has It", and it seems that some of the early mixes got released on the internet. Not knowing what to do, Rich called Alexa, who is an entertainment lawyer from LA. She told Rich that, rumors are what make the business go around and any publicity is good publicity, so he should just let it go. Rich replied, "but these people have no idea what they are talking about and they are killing our buzz and hype"! Alexa then gave Rich the number of her most secret source, hoping the answer could be found. Rich called this number but only got the answering machine. The greeting was, "how did you get this number? ... Ah, you're a rumor starter with no proof, that's how". Rich was furious at this message and decided to leave a message of his own. It said, "unless you know me, don't start rumors about me...especially because my new album is called "Rumor Has It" ! "

wacko.gif wacko.gif fing.gif bolt.gif

Oh yeah, 3 Instrumentals?? That's not a smart move and unheard of also. No way.......

Edited by launchpad67a

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 26 2007, 01:32 AM)
I heard from someone who knows Greg, who's a friend of Amy who used to be the nanny for Jims kids. Anyhow, Jims youngest, Jim Jr., recently ran into Katrina, who used to run a record store back in St. Louis. Katrina has been talking with Rich about his bands latest cd, "Rumor Has It", and it seems that some of the early mixes got released on the internet. Not knowing what to do, Rich called Alexa, who is an entertainment lawyer from LA. She told Rich that, rumors are what make the business go around and any publicity is good publicity, so he should just let it go. Rich replied, "but these people have no idea what they are talking about and they are killing our buzz and hype"! Alexa then gave Rich the number of her most secret source, hoping the answer could be found. Rich called this number but only got the answering machine. The greeting was, "how did you get this number? ... Ah, you're a rumor starter with no proof, that's how". Rich was furious at this message and decided to leave a message of his own. It said, "unless you know me, don't start rumors about me...especially because my new album is called "Rumor Has It" ! "

wacko.gif wacko.gif fing.gif bolt.gif

You just wasted three minutes typing a message that could have taken you 10 seconds...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 25 2007, 11:34 PM)

wacko.gif  wacko.gif  fing.gif  bolt.gif

You just wasted three minutes typing a message that could have taken you 10 seconds...

wink.gif

You didn't like my story? I have 3 more for you, they're on my new album. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 26 2007, 01:36 AM)

wink.gif

You didn't like my story? I have 3 more for you, they're on my new album. rofl3.gif

Oh I liked it fine but it could do with a little editing...

trink38.gif

this isn't my rumour anyway I'm just ruminating on someone else's...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 25 2007, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 26 2007, 01:36 AM)

wink.gif

Oh I liked it fine but it could do with a little editing...

trink38.gif

this isn't my rumour anyway I'm just ruminating on someone else's...

cool10.gif

Nah, no editing needed. It's perfect just the way it is.

Thanks for reading. wink.gif

(I know it wasn't your rumor)

QUOTE (Roddy @ Jan 25 2007, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 25 2007, 11:03 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=10174&st=300

Ahhhh! Completely watertight and reliable source, then. Ok.....

Yeah, I'm not sure linking a thread started by someone here (also with no source) constitutes anything reliable I'm afraid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Highly doubt it too.