I got something amazing yesterday

NeilPeartFan2112

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 26 2004, 10:15 PM)
Wow, thats a great piece of Rush history you managed to get your hands on there. I only have the R30 and VT tourbooks, but I was personally there to pick them up. Stoopid being young tongue.gif

laugh.gif He said he might also have a Hemispheres tourbook somewhere, and if he finds it he will give it to me. I'll let you know if it comes up, I'm sure you will be dying to know biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 26 2004, 10:20 PM)
Lol, thats great! You have a very nice Uncle there thats willing to part with all those great tourbooks.

Yes it is. I don't really think he cares though. I mean, they were just sitting there in his closet gathering dust. Better to give them to me where they will actually go to some use you know?

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 26 2004, 10:13 PM)
My uncle and I were digging through his old albums and stuff yesterday, and he found a Permanent Waves Tourbook sitting in his closet. He said he didn't need it and knowing how much I love Rush gave it to me. This is something I'll treasure forever. AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Saweet pick up, buddy!!!! I love collecting tour books. biggrin.gif

I hope he finds that Hemispheres book for you.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 26 2004, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 26 2004, 10:13 PM)
My uncle and I were digging through his old albums and stuff yesterday, and he found a Permanent Waves Tourbook sitting  in his closet.  He said he didn't need it and knowing how much I love Rush gave it to me.  This is something I'll treasure forever. AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif

Saweet pick up, buddy!!!! I love collecting tour books. biggrin.gif

I hope he finds that Hemispheres book for you.

Yes me too. He told me Hemispheres was his favorite tour. Maybe he can tell me some of the momentst that he is reliving laugh.gif

Does he have any tourbooks from any other bands too? If he has some Rush tourbooks, no doubt he has some from other bands that are just as rare a find. Then again, he might not be willing to depart with all his tourbooks and concert memorabillia just yet, but theres always the possibility biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 26 2004, 10:28 PM)
Does he have any tourbooks from any other bands too? If he has some Rush tourbooks, no doubt he has some from other bands that are just as rare a find. Then again, he might not be willing to depart with all his tourbooks and concert memorabillia just yet, but theres always the possibility biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think he might. He went to a lot of other shows I think. He was a huge music junky back in the day. He has like over 300 record albums, probably more than that. It's really sweet looking through all of his old stuff.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 26 2004, 11:47 PM)
Great find!!! Those are fetching a good price on E-bay these days. (But don't tell him that!!!) rofl3.gif I'm sure he's happy to pass them on to someone that can enjoy and appreciate them. Is he still a 2.gif fan?

Oh hell yeah man!!! He went to the R30 show with my dad and I. He just told me that he didn't even remember he had it, and that it would be better with me than sitting in the closet collecting dust. I'm sure if he wanted to sell it he would. laugh.gif

Nice find! I found an All The World's A Stage record at my grandma's house in my dad's old record collection awhile back. It is now hanging on my wall along with my 30th Anniversary and Feedback posters smile.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 27 2004, 11:19 AM)
Nice find! I found an All The World's A Stage record at my grandma's house in my dad's old record collection awhile back. It is now hanging on my wall along with my 30th Anniversary and Feedback posters smile.gif

Very nice find. Perhaps I'll have to come over there and take it off your wall... laugh.gif