Canadian bands

floydfanatic111

What was Canada's greatest rock export?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What was Canada's greatest rock export?

• Rush
    • Triumph
    • Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    • Barenaked Ladies
    • Saga
    • Bryan Adams
    • The Guess Who
    • Neil Young
    • Joni Mitchell

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 23 2007, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 23 2007, 06:24 PM)
You should have left Rush off...you know they're going to get 100%.

Out of the rest of yours, all of them suck except Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. And I would have voted for Arcade Fire, if they were on there.

I voted Neil Young, assuming that RUSH was on as a joke. I mean, seriously...what forum is this?

wtf.gif

There was the Best British band, best American band so why not BEST CANADIAN ACT!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 23 2007, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 23 2007, 08:21 PM)
The Tragically Hip, for sure (after Rush, who really shouldn't be in this poll IMO).

I love Canadian rock.

I too love Canadian Rock but in order to be an export you must have a fan base of more than 6 outside of your home country. This theory therefore would eliminate The Tragically Hip. yes.gif

Wake up fellow Canadians...They're not a world class band...i repeat not a world class band no.gif

And who voted for the Bare Naked Ladies wacko.gif

They do have a fairly significant US fanbase. They're touring the US soon as The Who's opening act. And they're certainly world-class quality, even if they don't have world-class success.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 24 2007, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 23 2007, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 23 2007, 08:21 PM)
The Tragically Hip, for sure (after Rush, who really shouldn't be in this poll IMO).

I love Canadian rock.

I too love Canadian Rock but in order to be an export you must have a fan base of more than 6 outside of your home country. This theory therefore would eliminate The Tragically Hip. yes.gif

Wake up fellow Canadians...They're not a world class band...i repeat not a world class band no.gif

And who voted for the Bare Naked Ladies wacko.gif

They do have a fairly significant US fanbase. They're touring the US soon as The Who's opening act. And they're certainly world-class quality, even if they don't have world-class success.

Hacks yes.gif and how come Chiliwack aren't in this poll laugh.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 24 2007, 01:33 AM)
Yeah...Chilliwack should be on there too...I don't think this should even be a poll. There's way too many awesome Canadian bands for one person to remember them all.

For some reason I thought Chilliwack was from Columbus, Ohio? oops.gif laugh.gif gone, gone gone so long.

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Jan 24 2007, 01:20 PM)
ya red rider
tom cochrane is awesome forgot bout that

lets bring Shania - and Nelly frutodo into the mix then-- ohmy.gif

hey now...only Nelly wink.gif

laugh.gif

Anyone here heard of a band called Big Wreck? I own one of their cd's, and they have some pretty good tunes goin' on. Pretty much straight up rock, with unique guitar parts and good vocals.

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jan 24 2007, 03:59 PM)
Anyone here heard of a band called Big Wreck? I own one of their cd's, and they have some pretty good tunes goin' on. Pretty much straight up rock, with unique guitar parts and good vocals.

Yeah they are good. They broke up though. The lead singer Ian Thornley has a new band aptly name Thornley laugh.gif

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:31 PM)

Yeah they are good. They broke up though. The lead singer Ian Thornley has a new band aptly name Thornley laugh.gif

Thornley is pretty sweet.

There are soo many Canadian bands that are simply amazing.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 23 2007, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 24 2007, 01:33 AM)
Yeah...Chilliwack should be on there too...I don't think this should even be a poll. There's way too many awesome Canadian bands for one person to remember them all.

For some reason I thought Chilliwack was from Columbus, Ohio? oops.gif laugh.gif gone, gone gone so long.

Nope, they're from Chilliwack, BC (which is about an hour's drive from here). biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushengal @ Jan 24 2007, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:31 PM)

Thornley is pretty sweet.

There are soo many Canadian bands that are simply amazing.

We simply just rock biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Canadian bands kick ass!!!!