Harry Potter and the

pixey

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 4 2007, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 4 2007, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 4 2007, 12:56 PM)
To all of you delightful Harry Potter fans:

I may be poking good-natured fun at all of you but that doesn't mean I don't like you anymore. I pick on all of my friends, and they pick back, and it's cool.

Just thought I should say that.

Now go read a real book!

tongue.gif  moon.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I'm serious though. laugh.gif

Noooooo i'm not. I really think Harry Potter has made the world's civilized nations a much better society and Rowling should win a Nobel Prize for her work. yes.gif

no.gif

Still kidding.

Careful. That could be considered a political statement - and thereby Goobs would lose visibility to it once it got moved. tongue.gif

Just how many people DOES Necro bitch to about me? confused13.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the last I heard she was up past 750. I am sure there will be some humor in the book. Can you imagine the scene at the Dursleys when Harry brings home both Ron and Hermione! That ought to be classic. Fleur and Bills wedding should also have some humor.

Anyone have any ideas what the difference between the deluxe and regular additions are other than the $$$ tag.

I haven't been able to find that information anywhere and amazon has to many post of what it could possibly be.

With this being her last in the series I was wondering if the deluxe might have something extra other than the art work that are in the other deluxe additions.

The deluxe edition just has better paper so it doesnt yellow, foil stamped, special cover, in color and so on.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 4 2007, 10:09 PM)

I may be poking good-natured fun at all of you but that doesn't mean I don't like you anymore. I pick on all of my friends, and they pick back, and it's cool.

Now go read a real book!

tongue.gif  moon.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Noooooo i'm not. I really think Harry Potter has made the world's civilized nations a much better society and Rowling should win a Nobel Prize for her work. yes.gif

no.gif

Still kidding.

Careful. That could be considered a political statement - and thereby Goobs would lose visibility to it once it got moved. tongue.gif

FIVE!!! Quite a lot actually. z7shysterical.gif

^^^^ That's a Monty Python quote by the way.

I think Pags made that comment on his own. I never said a word to him or anyone about the Harry Potter stuff.

Take a deep relaxing breath and then take a nice relaxing PILL. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 5 2007, 05:12 PM)

Now go read a real book!

tongue.gif  moon.gif

z7shysterical.gif

no.gif

Still kidding.

I think Pags made that comment on his own. I never said a word to him or anyone about the Harry Potter stuff.

Ummm. But Necro what about all that stuff you said in New Yo.. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/66.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/66.gif

scared.gif

That's right. It was all on my own. yes.gif

OMG I'm so joking around. Of course that was on my own. I was just messing around from that other book thread Goob's PURPOSEFULLY (yet quite masterfully) politicized to get it moved.

Sheesh!

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/11/66/41/snl1.jpg

"now go read a real book." - jack aubrey

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 5 2007, 05:26 PM)
ANYhoo... back to your regularly scheduled controversial ( confused13.gif ) Harry Potter thread, already in progress... wacko.gif

rofl3.gif

You know you've annoyed Goober whenever he says "ANYhoo."

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 5 2007, 02:39 PM)
ANYhoo... back to your regularly scheduled controversial ( confused13.gif ) Harry Potter thread, already in progress...  wacko.gif

rofl3.gif

Nah, otherwise I'd say it a LOT more often. yes.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 5 2007, 05:49 PM)
ANYhoo... back to your regularly scheduled controversial ( confused13.gif ) Harry Potter thread, already in progress...  wacko.gif

rofl3.gif

and probably to a LOT of people. yes.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 5 2007, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 5 2007, 05:49 PM)

rofl3.gif

and probably to a LOT of people. yes.gif tongue.gif

Not too many, just a select handful....

ANYhoo...

tongue.gif

I think that Snape working for himself and nobody else would be the best plot twist. After Harry kills Moldyshorts, Snape walks up and says something like "thanks for taking out the competition lol now die!!!1!!one!"

Harry then says "O RlY?" and takes out Snape

Shes got me on this one, the character of Snape is so well written, he is an enigma. I wont be surprised either way but I am thinking hes not on the side of the Order however I dont think he is fully on Voldies side either, he looks out for himself first and foremost. I think Snape has passed the point of no return now. JKR will have an aweful lot of explaining to do if he is on the Orders side, look at what they did to Sirius, sent him to Azkaban without a trail, it'll be a hard one for Snape to get out of.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 5 2007, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 5 2007, 05:12 PM)

Now go read a real book!

tongue.gif  moon.gif

z7shysterical.gif

no.gif

Still kidding.

Ummm. But Necro what about all that stuff you said in New Yo.. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/66.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/66.gif

scared.gif

That's right. It was all on my own. yes.gif

OMG I'm so joking around. Of course that was on my own. I was just messing around from that other book thread Goob's PURPOSEFULLY (yet quite masterfully) politicized to get it moved.

Sheesh!

ohmy.gif

I have signed documentation that you were NEVER to bring that up. Geds has destroyed all the video documentation of all the "Goober Bashing" that went on in NYC. So... tongue.gif

I should stop. He'll think that there was actually goober bashing going on. z7shysterical.gif

I was just raiding my KID's book stash and found some more really cool series. Do any of you here get into GOOSEBUMPS??? Wow... that's some literary genius stuff there. How about Captain Kangaroo's Big Adventure? TWO thumbs up in my literary opinion. Then we have the ever popular Dr. Seuss.

I'm sorry... back to your serious discussion of SNAPE working for MORTYKORT... or whoever. tongue.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Feb 5 2007, 07:36 PM)
Shes got me on this one, the character of Snape is so well written, he is an enigma. I wont be surprised either way but I am thinking hes not on the side of the Order however I dont think he is fully on Voldies side either, he looks out for himself first and foremost. I think Snape has passed the point of no return now. JKR will have an aweful lot of explaining to do if he is on the Orders side, look at what they did to Sirius, sent him to Azkaban without a trail, it'll be a hard one for Snape to get out of.

So the working theory here is what? That Snape wants to become the dark lord himself???

I'm not too up on current HP theories, so this one is a mystery to me.

I admit I was some dubious about Snape's intentions all throughout book 6, but Voldemort sure seemed to trust him, and he DID kill Dumbledore, so it's hard to imagine what his intentions might be outside of being a good death eater. I got the feeling that maybe he didn't really want to kill Dumbledore after how well he was treated by him for so many years, but maybe had to because of the binding oath he took or because of his loyalty to Voldemort?

Ultimately it's a bit of a puzzle, that after 5 books of thinking he was merely an asshole, and not truly evil, that he actually was all along? It's quite a shift at the very least, and definitely not all the questions have been answered...

Thats what so great about Snape, you just cant figure him out.

I dont think he wanted to make the Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa but he was put in a hard place. If he didnt make it then Bella would know that he wasnt true to Voldemort. However I also believe that DD was dying. Destroying the Horcrux I think killed more than his hand. We dont really know anything about a Stopper in Death. DD may have been using it and since Snape brewed it up then he knew that DD was already dying. It still worked to Snapes advantage. It was tricky though because he knew whatever task that Voldie set for Draco that Draco was unlikely to succeed at it, Snape was just trying to buy more time before being shown as the loyal DE that he is and before being hunted down and known for what he really was (maybe I shouldnt say loyal as I think Snape only looks after himself first.) As long as Snape continues spinnng his web though with both sides he is safe. Now the jig is up so it will be interesting to see how he gets out of being sent to Azkaban or dying.

QUOTE (pixey @ Feb 6 2007, 08:04 AM)
Thats what so great about Snape, you just cant figure him out.

I dont think he wanted to make the Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa but he was put in a hard place. If he didnt make it then Bella would know that he wasnt true to Voldemort. However I also believe that DD was dying. Destroying the Horcrux I think killed more than his hand. We dont really know anything about a Stopper in Death. DD may have been using it and since Snape brewed it up then he knew that DD was already dying. It still worked to Snapes advantage. It was tricky though because he knew whatever task that Voldie set for Draco that Draco was unlikely to succeed at it, Snape was just trying to buy more time before being shown as the loyal DE that he is and before being hunted down and known for what he really was (maybe I shouldnt say loyal as I think Snape only looks after himself first.) As long as Snape continues spinnng his web though with both sides he is safe. Now the jig is up so it will be interesting to see how he gets out of being sent to Azkaban or dying.

I have a different theory all together. DD trusted Snape, but Snape was forced to made an unbreakable vow. It is however the wizard world and vows seem to have ways around them.

I don't truly believe that DD is "dead" I think it was a ruse that DD and Snape argued about. If you rememeber in the last book they were seen together by the forest arguing about something.

DD may have wanted it to appear that Snape had indeed been in the Dark Lords favor all along and did finally turn his back on DD and "kill" him.

Just my theory. confused13.gif

Thats the same thing I thought for a long time Owlswing. Then I reread all of the books and I changed m mind (I read them all back to back over a few days time). I thought that DD knew everything, that there had been a plan between them and so on, that Snape put a Stopper in death, the whole thing. But it just stopped ringing true.

On the DD point, JKR has said that DD is indeed dead and wont be coming back.

JKR has updated her site

Diary

Charles Dickens put it better than I ever could:

'It would concern the reader little, perhaps, to know how sorrowfully the pen is laid down at the close of a two-years' imaginative task; or how an Author feels as if he were dismissing some portion of himself into the shadowy world, when a crowd of the creatures of his brain are going from him for ever.'

To which I can only sigh, try seventeen years, Charles...

I always knew that Harry's story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I'm mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I've finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I've never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.

Some of you have expressed a (much more muted!) mixture of happiness and sadness at the prospect of the last book being published, and that has meant more than I can tell you. If it comes as any consolation, I think that there will be plenty to continue arguing and speculating about, even after 'Deathly Hallows' comes out. So if you're not yet ready to quit the message boards, do not despair...

I'm almost scared to admit this, but one thing has stopped me collapsing in a puddle of misery on the floor. While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series.

From the FAQ section

What does 'Deathly Hallows' mean?

Any clarification of the meaning of 'Hallows' would give away too much of the story - well, it would, wouldn't it? Being the title and all. So I'm afraid I'm not answering.

QUOTE (pixey @ Feb 6 2007, 11:27 AM)
JKR has updated her site

Diary

Charles Dickens put it better than I ever could:

'It would concern the reader little, perhaps, to know how sorrowfully the pen is laid down at the close of a two-years' imaginative task; or how an Author feels as if he were dismissing some portion of himself into the shadowy world, when a crowd of the creatures of his brain are going from him for ever.'

To which I can only sigh, try seventeen years, Charles...

I always knew that Harry's story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I'm mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I've finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I've never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.

Some of you have expressed a (much more muted!) mixture of happiness and sadness at the prospect of the last book being published, and that has meant more than I can tell you. If it comes as any consolation, I think that there will be plenty to continue arguing and speculating about, even after 'Deathly Hallows' comes out. So if you're not yet ready to quit the message boards, do not despair...

I'm almost scared to admit this, but one thing has stopped me collapsing in a puddle of misery on the floor. While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series.

From the FAQ section

What does 'Deathly Hallows' mean?

Any clarification of the meaning of 'Hallows' would give away too much of the story - well, it would, wouldn't it? Being the title and all. So I'm afraid I'm not answering.

COOL