A Charlie Brown Christmas

GhostGirl

Yes, many of us own this on video or DVD, but there's still something about watching on TV. biggrin.gif I have fond memories of waiting for all the Christmas specials to be shown on TV, and this one was my favorite. So, grab your kiddies and cuddle up to watch Charlie Brown tonight on ABC tonight.

http://media.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2006/nov/guaraldi/cdcover.jpg

I heard a great story on NPR this morning about Vince Guaraldi's fantastic soundtrack. You can read/hear it here: Behind Vince Guaraldi's Timeless Holiday Soundtrack

YAY!!!!

i heart.gif charlie brown christmas!!

i own it on VHS tho....not dvd.......

ph34r.gif

There's one particular tune in the show that I really like. It's the one playing as Charlie and Linus are out looking for the Christmas tree.

"I don't eat December snow, I wait until January" - Lucy Van Pelt

We own the soundtrack (and the movie on VHS, ladi smile.gif) along with several other Vince G. compilations. My son Stephen LOVES them, and we listen to them all the time.

I heart.gif Charlie Brown!

Christmas classic around my house.

Usually watch this, and then Christmas Vacation on the saturday before Chistmas.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 28 2006, 09:54 AM)
Yes, many of us own this on video or DVD, but there's still something about watching on TV. biggrin.gif I have fond memories of waiting for all the Christmas specials to be shown on TV, and this one was my favorite. So, grab your kiddies and cuddle up to watch Charlie Brown tonight on CBS tonight.

I heard a great story on NPR this morning about Vince Guaraldi's fantastic soundtrack. You can read/hear it here: Behind Vince Guaraldi's Timeless Holiday Soundtrack

You know what the best part was... when you'd race to sit in front of the of TV in time to hear that CBS Special intro just before the show would start. I KNOW you know what I mean.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 28 2006, 09:29 AM)
You know what the best part was... when you'd race to sit in front of the of TV in time to hear that CBS Special intro just before the show would start. I KNOW you know what I mean.

Yes, I do! laugh.gif

"And now, we are proud to bring you a CBS Special Presentation...'A Charlie Brown Christmas'..."

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 28 2006, 07:54 AM)
Yes, many of us own this on video or DVD, but there's still something about watching on TV. biggrin.gif I have fond memories of waiting for all the Christmas specials to be shown on TV, and this one was my favorite. So, grab your kiddies and cuddle up to watch Charlie Brown tonight on CBS tonight.

I TOTALLY agree, what's funny is last week, I was watching something and my son who lately has taken to falling asleep on the living-room couch- confused13.gif one of those phases things? confused13.gif anyway, he says dad can I finish watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving out here? I said YEAH! I've not seen that in like 20 years. I love these films, they bring back so many fond memories of youth. wub.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 28 2006, 11:17 AM)
I Love Snoopy heart.gif

I get more excited about Snoopy coming on TV than my daughter does. laugh.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/sg-xmassnoopy.gif

Snoopy reminds me so much of Dexter (my dog).

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 28 2006, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 28 2006, 11:17 AM)
I Love Snoopy  heart.gif

I get more excited about Snoopy coming on TV than my daughter does.  laugh.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/sg-xmassnoopy.gif

Snoopy reminds me so much of Dexter (my dog).

same here laugh.gif trink39.gif

Edited by troutman

A little trivia for ya:

The folks who did the voices of the characters in this show said that when they were recording, Jefferson Airplane was down the hall recording for their first(?) album.

I was just checking this show out (& the 'sequel', It's Christmas Again, Charlie Brown) online & noticed it's on ABC not CBS.

ABC

**not trying to step on your toes. I just wouldn't want anyone to miss one of the best Christmas specials out there.**

Edited by Digital Man

I just posted this in another thread...

I just watched the CLASSIC Peanuts special Merry Christmas Charlie Brown with my kids. What fun and memories. WHat a GREAT jazz score by Vince Guaraldi. And how refreshing to hear the story of Christmas, religion and all, in the program - I remember even as a kid the little soliloqy by Linus about the meaning of Christmas. Nice.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 28 2006, 10:29 AM)

big drum thing and then

da da da da da

DAAA!

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Nov 28 2006, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 28 2006, 07:54 AM)

I TOTALLY agree, what's funny is last week, I was watching something and my son who lately has taken to falling asleep on the living-room couch- confused13.gif one of those phases things? confused13.gif anyway, he says dad can I finish watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving out here? I said YEAH! I've not seen that in like 20 years. I love these films, they bring back so many fond memories of youth. wub.gif

The Great Pumpkin!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 28 2006, 09:46 PM)

big drum thing and then

da da da da da

DAAA!

YES!!!

yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 28 2006, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 28 2006, 09:46 PM)

big drum thing and then

da da da da da

DAAA!

YES!!!

yes.gif yes.gif

Holy CRAP! I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPhhu7e0bE

Edit: I gotta tell you, sometimes I find sh-t like this and it makes me laugh my ass off out loud. I mean - I know the internet was invented to share interplanetary astronomical data, but holy crap if it isnt cool to find stuff like this - WUA HAHAHAAAAA!

Edited by lerxt1990