OK settle this little dispute.....

thesweetscience

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 21 2006, 09:51 AM)
Ok. Neat freakiness aside.... smile.gif

Even though it didn't soak through the napkin, does your wife also think that it fell on the floor since the table is placed upon that?

jelly--->napkin---->table---->floor---->earth's core---->through to China
tongue.gif

You know Blaze, you may be on too something here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 21 2006, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Nov 21 2006, 12:31 AM)
What kind of biscuit was it?

Pillsbury Grand!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You should be a shamed of yourself for dropping jelly on the table.

Your wife is right!

smile.gif

That's like one person saying the glass is half empty

another saying the glass is half full

The neat freak just says "aw shit... another glass to wash"

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 21 2006, 12:02 PM)
That's like one person saying the glass is half empty

another saying the glass is half full

The neat freak just says "aw shit... another glass to wash"

rofl3.gif

I think you got it on the napkin. If its on the napkin, then its not on the table.

It depends if the biscuit was diliberately thrown, or if the contents fell off with your planning.

but, i'm pretty sure its on the napkin.

Plus, if it was cleaned up, why talk about it? Now you can catch her "spilling something on the table" wink.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 21 2006, 12:17 PM)
If Jelly WAS on the table, you'd probably use the NAPKIN to clean it up!!!

The jelly fell into it's proper place!

This is probably true, but could still be contestable. Maybe the jelly had some higher purpose? maybe TSS has mice, and they will now be deprived a snack.

He might be a murderer for cleaning it up!

Is it on the napkin? Yes.

Is it on the table? Yes, at least in a manner of speaking. While it's not in direct contact with the table, if you put something on a napkin on a table and then was asked where it was, you could say "on the table" and no one would deny it was on the table. Almost no one is so anal as to say that for something to be on the table means it must have direct contact with the table.

I think it comes down to this. Why stress about dropping something on a napkin, especially if it doesn't leak through to the table? That's like getting upset that you got soup on the table when it's actually in a bowl that's on the table. If you pick up a piece of toast off of a plate on the table and some crumbs fall back onto the plate, do you freak out because you dropped some crumbs on a plate that happens to be on the table? no.gif

Regardless, I'm glad you're having the kind of fun in your marriage that Robin and I have where you can discuss these kinds of ridiculous issues with a sense of humor. wink.gif tongue.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 21 2006, 08:51 AM)
Ok. Neat freakiness aside.... smile.gif

Even though it didn't soak through the napkin, does your wife also think that it fell on the floor since the table is placed upon that?

tongue.gif

No, no, no, you're thinking of Tabasco sauce.

At least, the good kind of Tabasco sauce. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 21 2006, 12:39 PM)
Is it on the napkin? Yes.

Is it on the table? Yes, at least in a manner of speaking. While it's not in direct contact with the table, if you put something on a napkin on a table and then was asked where it was, you could say "on the table" and no one would deny it was on the table. Almost no one is so anal as to say that for something to be on the table means it must have direct contact with the table.

I think it comes down to this. Why stress about dropping something on a napkin, especially if it doesn't leak through to the table? That's like getting upset that you got soup on the table when it's actually in a bowl that's on the table. If you pick up a piece of toast off of a plate on the table and some crumbs fall back onto the plate, do you freak out because you dropped some crumbs on a plate that happens to be on the table? no.gif

Regardless, I'm glad you're having the kind of fun in your marriage that Robin and I have where you can discuss these kinds of ridiculous issues with a sense of humor. wink.gif tongue.gif

trink39.gif

Thats exactly correct goobs!! Everyone seems to think we had a fight about the jelly or that I refused to clean it up or should of had it on an english muffin instead of a biscuit when in fact we were just having a philosophical discussion about the EXACT location of the jelly at the time it fell from the biscuit. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have to say that this is a pretty sane conversation for the wife and me. Some of the stuff we talk about I could never post because there would be no way for me to make it make sense you all of you. This is the problem with being from another dimension. eh.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 21 2006, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 21 2006, 12:39 PM)
Is it on the napkin?  Yes.

Is it on the table? Yes, at least in a manner of speaking.  While it's not in direct contact with the table, if you put something on a napkin on a table and then was asked where it was, you could say "on the table" and no one would deny it was on the table.  Almost no one is so anal as to say that for something to be on the table means it must have direct contact with the table.

I think it comes down to this.  Why stress about dropping something on a napkin, especially if it doesn't leak through to the table?  That's like getting upset that you got soup on the table when it's actually in a bowl that's on the table.  If you pick up a piece of toast off of a plate on the table and some crumbs fall back onto the plate, do you freak out because you dropped some crumbs on a plate that happens to be on the table?  no.gif

trink39.gif

Thats exactly correct goobs!! Everyone seems to think we had a fight about the jelly or that I refused to clean it up or should of had it on an english muffin instead of a biscuit when in fact we were just having a philosophical discussion about the EXACT location of the jelly at the time it fell from the biscuit. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have to say that this is a pretty sane conversation for the wife and me. Some of the stuff we talk about I could never post because there would be no way for me to make it make sense you all of you. This is the problem with being from another dimension. eh.gif

Could be interesting though unsure.gif

QUOTE (Maddy @ Nov 22 2006, 03:16 AM)
Ok.  Neat freakiness aside....  smile.gif

Even though it didn't soak through the napkin,  does your wife also think that it fell on the floor since the table is placed upon that? 

tongue.gif

So you use tobasco sauce that's as hot as molten lava? I can imagine you spilling some onto your napkin and your significant other saying, "Honey, please don't spill any more sauce on China." smile.gif

U and ur wife need to get out more yes.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 21 2006, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Maddy @ Nov 22 2006, 03:16 AM)
Ok.  Neat freakiness aside....  smile.gif

Even though it didn't soak through the napkin,  does your wife also think that it fell on the floor since the table is placed upon that? 

tongue.gif

So you use tobasco sauce that's as hot as molten lava? I can imagine you spilling some onto your napkin and your significant other saying, "Honey, please don't spill any more sauce on China." smile.gif

Actually, hot as molten steel. I haven't found any yet that rivals lava. laugh.gif