Mind Freak

Necromancer

I've been checking out some of Criss's vids on YOUTUBE and I think he's pretty cool. Some of it is still hard to figure out. Some of them are kinda easy to figure out, but still they are amazing slight of hand illusions. I think he's right up there with Blain.

What do the rest of you think?

If you don't know who he is and you like magic, do a youtube search for him. There's some really cool illusions on there.

Yeah... if it's camera work, then i'll lose some respect. If it's slight of hand... that's cool. I was bummed out with Blaine because it turned out some of his tricks were camera editing. That's not magic at all. Like Blaine's levitation was completely a camera edit hoax. If Angel is doing the same thing and there's a crane there that we just can't see cuz of editing... that would blow. I know some of the audience has to be his confederates, but i would hope that not all of them are.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 19 2006, 10:32 AM)
I was bummed out with Blaine because it turned out some of his tricks were camera editing. That's not magic at all. Like Blaine's levitation was completely a camera edit hoax.

I've seen David Blaine do this before which obviously I knew wasn't real, although they did a good job of making it seem real. Criss Angel is pretty impressive as well; the other day I caught an episode where he was walking across water in a hotel pool. It really looked amazing but I knew there was some kind of camera tricks behind it. Both Blaine's & Angel's shows are nonetheless cool to watch.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 19 2006, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 19 2006, 10:32 AM)
I was bummed out with Blaine because it turned out some of his tricks were camera editing.  That's not magic at all.  Like Blaine's levitation was completely a camera edit hoax.

I've seen David Blaine do this before which obviously I knew wasn't real, although they did a good job of making it seem real. Criss Angel is pretty impressive as well; the other day I caught an episode where he was walking across water in a hotel pool. It really looked amazing but I knew there was some kind of camera tricks behind it. Both Blaine's & Angel's shows are nonetheless cool to watch.

My take on the swimming pool trick is that he's walking on transparant cylinders. He's very precise in where he puts his feet. It's obviously not a full walkway as the girl swims under him.

It's still an amazing illusion as he must be quite physically talented to pull off the balance required for the trick. yes.gif

we love this show....and this guy!!

he's very entertaining to watch indeed!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 20 2006, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 19 2006, 07:04 PM)

yes.gif I like Criss Angel too

Did you see the one where he went into the Wood Chipper ohmy.gif

unsure.gif

yes.gif

ohmy.gif

Very entertaining young man. yes.gif I think he has a good show and look foward to each and every episode. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 20 2006, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Nov 20 2006, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 19 2006, 07:04 PM)

yes.gif I like Criss Angel too

Did you see the one where he went into the Wood Chipper ohmy.gif

unsure.gif

yes.gif

ohmy.gif

The wood chipper is a cool looking gag, but it's easy to figure out. I like the ones that you have a real hard time figuring out. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 21 2006, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Nov 19 2006, 04:59 PM)
David Blaine's best- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfjEkdtpwk
*language*

z7shysterical.gif

That was f'n hilarious. laugh.gif That guy did Blaine PERFECT. yes.gif

Beautiful!

1022.gif

I dig close-up silght of hand tricks by street magicians, but, as these guys point out, the over the top supernatural stuff just seems silly.