What bands' whole catalogues do you own?

Finbar

It actually surprises me that there are people on here that DON'T have all of Rush's stuff. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I'm sure there are reasons like you just discovered them, or $ is tight, etc.

I have everything by:

rush

yes

genesis

Peter Gabriel

King's X

Grateful Dead

Fates Warning

Tom Waits

Primus

foo fighters

ozric tentacles

steely dan

triumph

I'm sure there is more but I don't have my iPod if front of me.

hey GOOBER!

west coast art pop experimental band- no WAY.

I remember pulling out my Dad's vinyl and listening to that.

He also listened to a band called "Ultimate Spinach".

Thanks for the memory!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Nov 13 2006, 01:08 PM)
hey GOOBER!
west coast art pop experimental band- no WAY.
I remember pulling out my Dad's vinyl and listening to that.
He also listened to a band called "Ultimate Spinach".
Thanks for the memory!

the only really consistent west coast pop art experimental band albums are part one and my favorite one: Volume III: A Child's Guide To Good And Evil. that one is particularly amazing.

ultimate spinach were pretty good, especially the 2nd album "behold and see", but the lyrics have a certain pretentiousness that keeps it from being the classic that it otherwise would be. musically, that album is top-notch.

similarly, i was happy to see the grateful dead on your list! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif i don't have ALL their studio albums, but i have most of them. i also have a bunch of live stuff, including a few dick's picks on cd and a whole mess of stuff on cassette. i LOVE the dead. yes.gif

trink39.gif

Me personally, i dont own any bands entire discography, but, my dad does own every Rush album (well, not including compilations "because compilations are for soccer moms", and Rio or Feedback). The only Rush album 'we' (I did help my dad)dont have on CD is FBN (because my mother wouldnt let me spend another dollar on CD's this summer).

If I have my CD wishlist fulfilled, i'll have most of Pink Floyd's discography (I wont have AHM, Ummagumma (which I plan to burn, because I'm not spending $50-$60 on them) and AMLOR).

Ya, so, as you can see, i need to buy more CD's.

What are we talking about here, legitimately owned CDs or downloaded etc? If Downloaded, then I have tons. But in terms of actually owning on CD legitimately:

Rush - all studio and live albums

The Mars Volta - All 3 full length studio albums, still need the live album and the EP

The Smashing Pumpkins - All studio

Nine Inch Nails - All studio and live, and a select few of the many singles/EPs

Radiohead - All studio and live

There are at least 50 more if we're counting downloaded/burned.

Let's see:

Pink Floyd (all of their CDs)

David Gilmour

Nick Mason

Rick Wright

2.gif

classic lineup of Supertramp plus Brother Where You Bound and Retrospectacle

original Van Halen lineup

rebuilding:

The Eagles

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Genesis

Queen

The Who

ELP (their albums are being re-issued in 2007)

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

KISS

Led Zeppelin

building up now:

Jethro Tull (I have Aqualung, TaaB, Warchild and Bursting Out (2-CD version) and am going to acquire Minstrel In the Gallery and Havy Horses from next)

Edited by floydfanatic111

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Nov 15 2006, 11:02 PM)
Jean Michelle Jarre - Studio on CD

ohmy.gif

I don't have everything he ever did, but I have several albums by him. How are his last 2 or 3? How doo they compare with Zoolook, Rendezvous, Les Chants Magnetiques and En Attendant Cousteau?

Everything by: (excluding box sets,compilations)

Rush

Zeppelin

Yes

Floyd

Allmans

Grateful Dead

Hendrix

Gov't Mule

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Nov 13 2006, 07:05 PM)
Me personally, i dont own any bands entire discography, but, my dad does own every Rush album (well, not including compilations "because compilations are for soccer moms", and Rio or Feedback). The only Rush album 'we' (I did help my dad)dont have on CD is FBN (because my mother wouldnt let me spend another dollar on CD's this summer).

If I have my CD wishlist fulfilled, i'll have most of Pink Floyd's discography (I wont have AHM, Ummagumma (which I plan to burn, because I'm not spending $50-$60 on them) and AMLOR).

Ya, so, as you can see, i need to buy more CD's.

Ummagumma is only $20 US currency at Circuit City stores in the US. AHM is only what $13.99 or $14.99. AMLoR is only $9.99 at Best Buy.

The only ENTIRE catalogue I have is Rush, but I'm close to finishing Led Zeppelin - only "Coda" and live albums to go.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 16 2006, 12:33 PM)
The only ENTIRE catalogue I have is Rush, but I'm close to finishing Led Zeppelin - only "Coda" and live albums to go.

All I'm missing by Zep is Coda in terms of studio material, but I don't have the BBC recordings either. I have The Song Remains The Same, but no other live discs. I consider my Zep collection pretty complete (or as complete as it's likely to ever get), but didn't list them because it's technically not complete.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 16 2006, 08:15 PM)

All I'm missing by Zep is Coda in terms of studio material, but I don't have the BBC recordings either. I have The Song Remains The Same, but no other live discs. I consider my Zep collection pretty complete (or as complete as it's likely to ever get), but didn't list them because it's technically not complete.

The "How The West Was Won" live cd is FAR superior to "The Song Remains The Same" and is a must-have yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2006, 01:15 AM)

The BBC sessions are well worth getting.

Whole Catalogs:

The Bob Seger System

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band

The Clarks (East cost band)

Creed (Long story...)

Def Leppard

Dream Evil

Dream Theater

Children of Bodom

All That Remains

Rush

Sammy Hagar

I own the whole catalogues of Rush, AC/DC, Zeppelin (minus the box set), and the Black Keys. I need a couple of Motorhead CD's to consider them finished.

My AC/DC collection includes the first 4 LP's released in Australia. I'm considering getting rid of my vinyl (pure clutter, never listen to it), but will be hanging on the AC/DC bits for the memories.

Good thing about The Song Remains The Same - No Quarter!

Rush

Yes

Dream Theater

Megadeth

Pantera

Metallica (up to the Load cd)

Van Halen (not Hagar)

Ozzy

Lad Zeppelin

Most of Andres Segovia's cds (classical guitar)

About a hundred cd's of J.S. Bach (most are organ works)

Baroque organ works of Deitrich Buxtehude

• Like 1