What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

Ha! Last time I posted in here was about Far Cry. Playing 6 now! Loving it. Right before it's release I bought a new Xbox because I got tired of waiting to find a PS5 at a normal price. Played Doom Eternal before Far Cry and loved it too. Shit is pretty challenging.

Also me, my wife, and a few friends have been playing Fortnite regularly with each other for like four years. You'd think we'd be good by now, but nope...our old people squad gets stomped out regularly. People are absolute freaks at that game. Still fun though.

My wife`s currently playing games with her PS4 and VR headset, as she`s just waiting for a PS5 then she`ll get Far Cry 6 and Dying Light 2 as well, but I have no idea when the console will be freely available. Giancarlo Esposito in FC6 seems to be in full Gus Fring mode.

I found the Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube last week at a used games store. It has all seven Genesis Sonic games on one disc. I decided to start with Sonic 3, as that's my favorite. I'll probably play Sonic and Knuckles next. Edited by Super25Smasher

I also got Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for the Switch, which is essentially Super Smash Bros with classic Nickelodeon characters.

Can anyone suggest a good solo rpg, I'd like something open world with possibly space involvement. I've played Fallout, Eve, Skyrim. :)

Can anyone suggest a good solo rpg, I'd like something open world with possibly space involvement. I've played Fallout, Eve, Skyrim. :)

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. It's the first three Mass Effect games remastered. 2 is my favorite game of all time.

• Like 1

If you do a couple of things right, there`s a spaceship in Red Dead 2 :aliensmiley:
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, Super25Smasher said:

I found the Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube last week at a used games store. It has all seven Genesis Sonic games on one disc. I decided to start with Sonic 3, as that's my favorite. I'll probably play Sonic and Knuckles next.

Great collection!  All the early Sonics are perfect, can't go wrong.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steevo said:

I completely agree! I'm so glad I found it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steevo said:

How many have you finished?

I finished Sonic 3 years ago. I've yet to complete any of them on the collection

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:47 AM, Super25Smasher said:

I finished Sonic 3 years ago. I've yet to complete any of them on the collection

Don't forget Sonic Mania as well, a fantastic job, still haven't had the time for it quite yet but soon I"m hoping.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, Steevo said:
On 6/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, Super25Smasher said:

Don't forget Sonic Mania as well, a fantastic job, still haven't had the time for it quite yet but soon I"m hoping.

That game is great…I still have to play the updates, though.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, Steevo said:

It is a great collection, but Sonic 3D Blast is pretty bad, and there’s no Sonic CD, which just blew my mind as a kid.  

• Like 1

My 5 year old is getting into characters like Pac man, Sonic, Mario and Qbert via various youtube videos that have created all sorts of fun and silly scenarios based on the games.

So we've been having a go at these games together via my old megadrive, old dos games, online games and the judicious use of a emulator or 2. 

I'm always amazed at how he struggles with the controls to start with - I must have come a long way over the years with how to control computer games, or, have played far too many!

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 2

Have a few 'on the go' as I like to dip in and out of them due to other commitments:- 

Dark Corners of the Earth (Love a bit of Lovecraft!)

Realms of the Haunting

Secret Files: Tunguska

Discworld Noir (amusing stuff from Pratchett)

None are modern games per se but fun nevertheless. The last 2 point and clicks are also easy to play over a prolonged period of time dipping in and out as the time allows. 

5 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

It is a great collection, but Sonic 3D Blast is pretty bad, and there’s no Sonic CD, which just blew my mind as a kid.  

I used to have Sonic CD on my old iPod Touch. Sonic CD is on another compilation for GameCube, Sonic Gems Collection, which also had Sonic R, Sonic The Fighters, some Sonic Game Gear games, and the Vectorman games

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I used to have Sonic CD on my old iPod Touch. Sonic CD is on another compilation for GameCube, Sonic Gems Collection, which also had Sonic R, Sonic The Fighters, some Sonic Game Gear games, and the Vectorman games

I’m a sucker for old video games like I’m a sucker for Rush re-releases.  I have sonic CD on iOS, the original Sega CD, Sonic Gems, Xbox 360, and the new sonic collection that was released on all platforms.   The most recent collection was just a money bilking endeavor, and it still worked on me.  I love me my classic Sonic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

I’m a sucker for old video games like I’m a sucker for Rush re-releases.  I have sonic CD on iOS, the original Sega CD, Sonic Gems, Xbox 360, and the new sonic collection that was released on all platforms.   The most recent collection was just a money bilking endeavor, and it still worked on me.  I love me my classic Sonic.

I love classic Sonic too. I will add that Sonic Colors is a modern gem IMO. It was re-released and remastered recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I love classic Sonic too. I will add that Sonic Colors is a modern gem IMO. It was re-released and remastered recently.

Of course I bought it on the Series X despite owning it on the Wii (and still having by backwards compatable Wii-U set up.  I’m a sucker, but I’m a consistent one.

• Like 1