What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Dec 30 2008, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 30 2008, 05:57 PM)
My 360 red ringed on Christmas. Thanks, M$!

Oh shit sad.gif

That sucks... Can't you call them? maybe they will replace it for you.

Yeah, you just have to fill out a form online and they mail you a box to ship it for repair. It's free, just a pain in the ass. There's no reason why every 360 is still doing this, especially with that MS money behind it.

PS3, you look sweeter every day.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 30 2008, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Dec 30 2008, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Dec 30 2008, 05:57 PM)
My 360 red ringed on Christmas. Thanks, M$!

Oh shit sad.gif

That sucks... Can't you call them? maybe they will replace it for you.

Yeah, you just have to fill out a form online and they mail you a box to ship it for repair. It's free, just a pain in the ass. There's no reason why every 360 is still doing this, especially with that MS money behind it.

PS3, you look sweeter every day.

Yeah that does sound like a pain eh.gif

My 360 has yet to die (Cross my fingers). However I still love it, I think its an awesome system, i just wish they would put some quality into making them...

I'm currently getting my butt kicked all over the room by Left 4 Dead.

Sorry about your X-Box troubles, SS.

I'm currently working on a classic from 2004... DRIV3R. I'll get Parallel Lines soon. I also have a copy of The Warriors I plug in from time to time.

Just finished Drake's Fortune (amazing game) on the PS3 and now starting Fallout 3 on the 360 - what a wild game! *addicted to leveling*

I finally have some time to catch up on gaming, so I have Fable 2, Halo 3, The Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Farcry 2 and Gears of War 2 all in the queue! There are *some* benefits to losing your job and having some time off!

smile.gif

I never did finish GTAIV yet - I loved the whoel series but really had problems getting into the new one. As cumbersome as it was fun IMO....

Anyways I just finished Fallout 3 - man the ending snuck up on me I thought I still had a billion things to do. Such a super addictive and awesome game, sort of like Oblivion in a post apocalyptic setting. One thing that really *really* cheesed me off though was that you stop leveling at Level 20. I R addicted to leveling and was really looking forward to pumping up the stats more and learning some of the cool perks that I glimpsed - but alas!

Just started Fable 2. Pretty amazing to look at and a very neat universe they've built for sure. Still new to it but at this point the controls seem really counter-intuitive and somehow the world doesn't seem quite as charming and magical as the first Fable? I dunno I'm sure I'll get into it more it's bound to be glorious.

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:26 AM)
I never did finish GTAIV yet - I loved the whoel series but really had problems getting into the new one.  As cumbersome as it was fun IMO....

Anyways I just finished Fallout 3 - man the ending snuck up on me I thought I still had a billion things to do.  Such a super addictive and awesome game, sort of like Oblivion in a post apocalyptic setting.  One thing that really *really* cheesed me off though was that you stop leveling at Level 20.  I R addicted to leveling and was really looking forward to pumping up the stats more and learning some of the cool perks that I glimpsed - but alas!

Just started Fable 2.  Pretty amazing to look at and a very neat universe they've built for sure.  Still new to it but at this point the controls seem really counter-intuitive and somehow the world doesn't seem quite as charming and magical as the first Fable?  I dunno I'm sure I'll get into it more it's bound to be glorious.

There's some DLC coming in March that will remove the level cap and let you go back out into the wasteland after the ending. Did you play on 360 or PS3? I think the DLC is only for the 360 and PC versions.

The Operation Anchorage DLC came out yesterday, but I'm waiting for the March stuff first so I can play it with my original character.

Info:

Operation Anchorage

In a similar manner to the Tranquility Lane section of the main game, Operation Anchorage takes place as a virtual reality "military simulation" and is available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game. The content focuses on a pivotal event in the Fallout timeline before the Great War took place, namely the attempt by the United States Army to liberate Anchorage from its Chinese Communist invaders and in turn drive the Chinese forces out of Alaska. The pack contains several new quests, a selection of new items, a new perk and adds 4 new achievements. Operation: Anchorage became available on January 27, 2009.

The Pitt

The second pack, titled The Pitt and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player journey to the industrial raider town located in the remains of Pittsburgh, and is scheduled for release on 1 February 2009.

Broken Steel

Broken Steel, scheduled for release on 1 March 2009 and will be available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all, and continues the adventure past the main quest. This also will raise the level cap from 20 to 30.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 28 2009, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:26 AM)
I never did finish GTAIV yet - I loved the whoel series but really had problems getting into the new one.  As cumbersome as it was fun IMO....

Anyways I just finished Fallout 3 - man the ending snuck up on me I thought I still had a billion things to do.  Such a super addictive and awesome game, sort of like Oblivion in a post apocalyptic setting.  One thing that really *really* cheesed me off though was that you stop leveling at Level 20.  I R addicted to leveling and was really looking forward to pumping up the stats more and learning some of the cool perks that I glimpsed - but alas!

Just started Fable 2.  Pretty amazing to look at and a very neat universe they've built for sure.  Still new to it but at this point the controls seem really counter-intuitive and somehow the world doesn't seem quite as charming and magical as the first Fable?  I dunno I'm sure I'll get into it more it's bound to be glorious.

There's some DLC coming in March that will remove the level cap and let you go back out into the wasteland after the ending. Did you play on 360 or PS3? I think the DLC is only for the 360 and PC versions.

The Operation Anchorage DLC came out yesterday, but I'm waiting for the March stuff first so I can play it with my original character.

Info:

Operation Anchorage

In a similar manner to the Tranquility Lane section of the main game, Operation Anchorage takes place as a virtual reality "military simulation" and is available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game. The content focuses on a pivotal event in the Fallout timeline before the Great War took place, namely the attempt by the United States Army to liberate Anchorage from its Chinese Communist invaders and in turn drive the Chinese forces out of Alaska. The pack contains several new quests, a selection of new items, a new perk and adds 4 new achievements. Operation: Anchorage became available on January 27, 2009.

The Pitt

The second pack, titled The Pitt and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player journey to the industrial raider town located in the remains of Pittsburgh, and is scheduled for release on 1 February 2009.

Broken Steel

Broken Steel, scheduled for release on 1 March 2009 and will be available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all, and continues the adventure past the main quest. This also will raise the level cap from 20 to 30.

That's cool! I have to amke sure I chekc out the DLC for sure -especially the level breaking one. laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 4 2009, 10:06 PM)
I just played through The Darkness in two days. It's a shame this game didn't get more hype, it's bad ass.

I absolutely loved that game. That is one for sure kicking in my pile to replay at some point in the near future! It was just so different from most of what you see out there, highly artistic and very very very dark - a smidgeon of Max Payne throw in there.

I am still cranking through Fable 2 where time permits. For anyone else playing this i would *highly recommend* installing the game to your 360 hard drive. Not only is it quicker, especially in game but I was having mega freezing issues before that have all but disappeared now.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 5 2009, 09:41 AM)
I just played through The Darkness in two days. It's a shame this game didn't get more hype, it's bad ass.

I absolutely loved that game. That is one for sure kicking in my pile to replay at some point in the near future! It was just so different from most of what you see out there, highly artistic and very very very dark - a smidgeon of Max Payne throw in there.

I loved it too. The presentation and story are top notch, and the ending was actually satisfying. I think Starbreeze is working on a sequel which I won't sleep on this time. How f***ing nuts was the first WWI area? Talk about coming out of nowhere!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 6 2009, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 5 2009, 09:41 AM)

I loved it too. The presentation and story are top notch, and the ending was actually satisfying. I think Starbreeze is working on a sequel which I won't sleep on this time. How f***ing nuts was the first WWI area? Talk about coming out of nowhere!

Not to mention the scene leading up to that.... that might have been one of my biggest video game "holy f**k" moments ever. ohmy.gif

Oh and my 360 is on the verge of RROD *again* I already replaced the motherboard once, and the past couple games I played (Bully, Fallout) there has been lots of freezing and now playing Fable it's been even worse, and once when i had to reset the system it "red ringed" but later came back to life. Needless to say I now play for liek 60 mins tops then shut the piece of shit off for 60 mins to let it cool. Video games are not as much fun when you are sweating waiting for your f**king console to break...

Mine isn't under warranty for either the first red ring either, or this inevitable one which sucks even more. Last time buying a new board and having it put it cost me over $100.

*growl*