What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 16 2007, 02:09 PM)
Playing through Dead Rising. smile.gif

Dead Rising is AWESOME I played through a few times.

What is new and exciting on the XBOX 360? I am having my new MB installed in it tonight and am looking forward to finally checking out some newer games.

QUOTE (padfoot @ Jul 10 2007, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (neil#2 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:59 PM)
I finished playing Call of Duty 3.

Damn, lucky, I saw that the other day for the PS3 when i was in the Sony store. sad.gif

Is it a good game or what?

I was playing the PS2 version but i thought it was still good. smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 21 2007, 10:39 AM)
OK sports fans, after a 17 year hiatus, Lerxt has a game console again, the Wii. Bought for my son, I really like it. It came with some simple sports games - whcih are perfect for them, as the learnign curve & controls are really simple. Four and six years old, the kids kick my butt in golf.

But now what Im after is a game *I* can enjoy. I understand that titles are limited for Wii, but it also plays gamecube games, not sure if theyre still being produced or not.

Im into car driving games, adventure, and first person shooter games (used to LOVE Doom and Duke Nukem).

Suggestions for me???

Well, first off, the Wii you own is backwards compatible with the Nintendo Gamecube. Gamecube game discs will also function when used with the Wii... all you need is a gamecube controller and memory card.

I would suggest...

Excite Truck - A very fun/addicting truck racing game for Wii.

Resident Evil 4 - This one is for both Wii and gamecube... and unless they changed it in the remake (Wii version), this game is not a first person shooter like someone else said... it's third person. But still a fun shoot 'em up game. Warning: NOT for your kids. It's rated M, and has heavy blood and gore... as well as a bit of language and strange/disturbing images.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - A fun, but unrealistic racing game for Gamecube. The cop chases are really, REALLY fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - A great adventure game with both Wii and Gamecube versions. The only difference is control schemes, graphics, and the world is mirrored on the Wii version due to control issues.

Timesplitters 2 - A good shooter for Gamecube... mostly good for it's multiplayer, though. If you have a couple friends who would enjoy playing it, go for it.

That's all I can think of for now... reply here or PM me if you need help/more recs. Enjoy your Wii... it's a great system yes.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 10 2007, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 1 2007, 11:41 PM)
I think I'm gonna start playing Final Fantasy: Tactics again tonight... great game.

Again? You mean you can actually beat that shit? wacko.gif

If you mean how can I beat it because it's a bit slow and long winded, I haven't played it in about 3 years... so it'd pretty much be a new game to me. If you mean because it's hard, I dunno... I beat it when I was 14 and don't remember more of a challenge than in any other FF game.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Aug 2 2007, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (LaVilla @ Aug 2 2007, 11:07 AM)
'Wings' for the ~Amiga~

Wow... you still have a running Amiga?

I had the very first Amiga (Model 1000) and then bought a 500. They are both sitting in boxes in the garage now. THE best computer of it's time!

A model 1000, Cool.

Mine is in a box too somewhere gathering dust. But there's an emulator called WinUAE that you can use to play them on your pc. Lemonade is a good frontend to launch the games with too.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 10 2007, 06:39 PM)
I think I'm gonna start playing Final Fantasy: Tactics again tonight... great game.

If you mean how can I beat it because it's a bit slow and long winded, I haven't played it in about 3 years... so it'd pretty much be a new game to me. If you mean because it's hard, I dunno... I beat it when I was 14 and don't remember more of a challenge than in any other FF game.

lol i meant because it was hard to me. i got frustrated and quit. i'm typing this from my wii, my punctuationzzz r good lolz. f**k clicking these letters sucks.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 11 2007, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 10 2007, 06:39 PM)

lol i meant because it was hard to me. i got frustrated and quit. i'm typing this from my wii, my punctuationzzz r good lolz. f**k clicking these letters sucks.

Yeah, there are a few pretty hard levels in the game... but most of them actually have a certain strategy makes it fairly easy, or at least do-able.

And yeah... Wiimote typing sucks. They managed to come up with something even more tedious than texting from a cell phone laugh.gif

Been playing through The Darkness on PS3.

Very cool/creepy game - kind of like a cross between Max Payne and Constantine. Well done stylish story makes me want to check out the comic books.

Other than that 360 is busted and kinda got bored with Twilight Princess on WII so after The Darkness may try to get into Resistance Fall of Man (PS3) more - I'm not too crazy about it so far what little I tried it.

Other than that waiting for Heavenly Sword PS3 - playable demo is INSANE and Warhawk to come out.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 21 2007, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Aug 21 2007, 04:57 AM)
Other than that 360 is busted

That sucks, too bad you can't play Bioshock tongue.gif

I know! I've heard rave reviews.

I've had a new MB for the 360 for a couple months but no time to bring it to buddy to install it.

I finished The Darkness this morning - methinks I'll finally get the 360 fixed this week.

Stupid Red Rings of DOOM. Of the dozen people I personally know who own a 360 - ALL of their consoles have died - two of them twice! Thanks for bringing your blue screen of death equivalent to the console world Microsoft you geniuses! I avoid PC gaming and use consoles to avoid such nonsense to being with.

1287.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Aug 21 2007, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 21 2007, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Aug 21 2007, 04:57 AM)
Other than that 360 is busted

That sucks, too bad you can't play Bioshock tongue.gif

I know! I've heard rave reviews.

I've had a new MB for the 360 for a couple months but no time to bring it to buddy to install it.

I finished The Darkness this morning - methinks I'll finally get the 360 fixed this week.

Stupid Red Rings of DOOM. Of the dozen people I personally know who own a 360 - ALL of their consoles have died - two of them twice! Thanks for bringing your blue screen of death equivalent to the console world Microsoft you geniuses! I avoid PC gaming and use consoles to avoid such nonsense to being with.

1287.gif

haha I don't even have a 360 right now because of that reason. EVERYONE I know with a 360 had it die already. That's just crazy to me. My old Xbox crapped out on me twice, I guess Microsoft just can't make a console for shit. They're lucky they have the game library now to make people even care about them.

Bioshock is supposedly great, but I haven't played it either. I probably wouldn't play it much right now anyway...Metroid is gonna take all my time. yes.gif

I want a Wii - if I had one right now, I'd be playing Zelda: Twilight Princess, Rapala Tournament Fishing, or Paper Mario 2...

As it is, I still have my GameCube, so I'm playing Paper Mario (the first one) - which is still an AWESOME game new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm also playing thru Zelda: Ocarina of Time (port for GameCube) again, Zelda: Windwaker, Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006...

fists crying.gif I WANT A Wii!!!! fists crying.gif