Borat

softfilter

Official film title, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan. Imagine if this was up for a oscar and having to say that!

I'm a fan of Da Ali G Show and love this character on it.

Not exactly politically correct and can make you cringe at times in disbelief of what he just said. BUT it's so damn funny laugh.gif

If I don't get a chance to see it at theater will rent it as soon as it is released on dvd. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (good reviews so far and a suprise hit.)

I have to admit that every time a trailer for this has come on tv in the last few weeks (they played it constantly during the world series, for example), both my wife and I would look at each other in horror of what looked like a truly awful piece of crap movie.

I gotta say though, that the reviews for this movie are so over the top stellar that I have to see it anyway, and I'll just assume the movie doesn't translate well into 5 second scene clips out of context.

I saw it, and it's been a long time since I've laughed so hard.

I won't give anything away by saying that there were several scenes unlike any ever seen in any movie anywhere, on this planet or others.

One scene had me averting my eyes, shaking my head and muttering OMFG over and over and over again. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Yes, it's offensive, but ya gotta get into the zeitgeist of this character.

That's the freaking POINT!

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Nov 9 2006, 10:28 PM)
Never seen the show. But the movie looks damn funny.

Check out youtube clips of "Ali G" --- he pretended to be an interviewer and drove people nuts. If they are still there check out his iview with Pat Buchanan and Andy Rooney. Also search for Borat and youll get some clips there...

I gotta say, I no longer can stand going to see movies at the theatre. Most of what Hollywood is putting out these days is pure crap anyway. I won't spend the $12.50 or whatever it's up to now, to sit my ass down in a cramped movie house, and munch on artery clogging buttered popcorn and drink over-sweetend, over-priced fountain pop while being distracted by ringing cellphones and unruly, spoiled winey children. UGH!

Let's see, where was I?

No, that's it

End of rant.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 10 2006, 09:05 PM)
I gotta say, I no longer can stand going to see movies at the theatre. Most of what Hollywood is putting out these days is pure crap anyway. I won't spend the $12.50 or whatever it's up to now, to sit my ass down in a cramped movie house, and munch on artery clogging buttered popcorn and drink over-sweetend, over-priced fountain pop while being distracted by ringing cellphones and unruly, spoiled winey children. UGH!
Let's see, where was I?
No, that's it

End of rant.

A damn good rant at that!

Your right maybe I'll just wait for dvd release. laugh.gif

We saw it today. I can't say I liked every minute of it, but there were a lot of times where I was practically rolling in the aisle. Cohen does a great job contrasting the blatant prejudices of his character with the much more subtle (and some not so subtle) prejudices of the people in the movie. Another highlight is when he finally gets to meet Pamela Anderson.

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 9 2006, 04:01 PM)

One scene had me averting my eyes, shaking my head and muttering OMFG over and over and over again. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

saw it yesterday...

matinee times are cheaper ...($6.00 per person....)

i have to agree with you BSG....

"this suit is not black......"

QUOTE (anagramking @ Nov 12 2006, 01:01 AM)
We saw it today. I can't say I liked every minute of it, but there were a lot of times where I was practically rolling in the aisle. Cohen does a great job contrasting the blatant prejudices of his character with the much more subtle (and some not so subtle) prejudices of the people in the movie. Another highlight is when he finally gets to meet Pamela Anderson.

bekloppt.gif AKG smile.gif

I was wondering if you did go see this. I wanted to know what you thought about it. Glad to see you liked some of it laugh.gif