4:20 Thread

rushfreak

Went to a “420 Bar” last night. Had the unfortunate name “Old Dirty Sailor Bar” and appeared neither old, dirty, or remotely having anything to do with the sea, other than using it as a letter. It’s also, for Phnom Penh, a rare hostess-free or no-hostess bar on the nearly-family-friendly Street 172.

1st impressions: appears to be in a state of renovation with a few boards lying around; smells like Bob Marley’s house.

2nd impressions: clientele are stoners enjoying video games, shitty music, and talking about being stoned; no nautical imagery.

They had a 4 page menu of the different items on offer: 7 or 8 varieties of pre-rolled joints from 2$ to 11$, half a dozen varieties of hash, local and imported weed for sale, oil for vaping, and shatter (essentially hardened oil).

Bought their #3 pre-rolled and only felt the effects of wasting 7$, but also picked up a piece of hash that is pretty decent.

Might go back to try their #1 when I feel like wasting 11$. :P

Since it’s 20 bucks for a massive f**k all bag, 11 for a single anything seems greedy.

It’s all about empiricism, JB!

Some days a little knowledge is worth, say, 11$.

Not every day, just some days. :P

Loud European guy in the 420 bar talking to the bartender:

“Yes, hello! I smoke 100 grams a week - a week - so I need some good stuff. Lots of good stuff. What are your prices?”

[bartender indicates 4 page menu of different things at different prices]

“Okay, good! [tedious discourse on edibles] So is this kind of weed strong? [points at menu] Not so strong, okay and what about this one? Oh, stronger...how is the THC? Because I need to know because I smoke so much, right? So that one is better...Well all right! All right!”

Mr. 100 Grams then buys one 3$ gram of shit weed.

:smoke:

Loud European guy in the 420 bar talking to the bartender:

“Yes, hello! I smoke 100 grams a week - a week - so I need some good stuff. Lots of good stuff. What are your prices?”

[bartender indicates 4 page menu of different things at different prices]

“Okay, good! [tedious discourse on edibles] So is this kind of weed strong? [points at menu] Not so strong, okay and what about this one? Oh, stronger...how is the THC? Because I need to know because I smoke so much, right? So that one is better...Well all right! All right!”

Mr. 100 Grams then buys one 3$ gram of shit weed.

Mr. 100 Grams would also likely go back home and brag to his buddies about how cool he was and was able to score with all the local prostitutes...er,...ladies. “Oh lads. lemme tell ya!! ALL the women wanted me!”

Enjoying a good old-fashioned Hippy Speedball right at this very second.

Cambodian style: with iced coffee, local weed and imported hash!

Niiiiiiiiiiice. :D

Imported from where? :popcorn:

It’s called ‘Nepalese Black’ but probably imported from Amsterdam, due to the varieties on offer and their prices. Definitely not local stuff!

The bar keeps its hash in a small fridge behind the counter. Cold, hard hash! :LOL:

Happy to say the bar now features little silver trays for rolling on, as well as complimentary papers. They now also have a smiley lady employed behind the counter instead of the really stoned French guy or the hairy guy in the singlet with b.o.

It’s called ‘Nepalese Black’ but probably imported from Amsterdam, due to the varieties on offer and their prices. Definitely not local stuff!

The bar keeps its hash in a small fridge behind the counter. Cold, hard hash! :LOL:

Happy to say the bar now features little silver trays for rolling on, as well as complimentary papers. They now also have a smiley lady employed behind the counter instead of the really stoned French guy or the hairy guy in the singlet with b.o.

Really stoned French guy or hairy, b.o. guy in a singlet?! Are you sure you’re not in Vancouver or Portland?!

• Like 1

Really stoned French guy or hairy, b.o. guy in a singlet?! Are you sure you’re not in Vancouver or Portland?!

This place is as close as one can get to Mos Eisley on Earth!

• Like 1

Awesome! I love Greedo!

• Like 1

It’s funny you say that because it’s exactly how I described one of the first bars I used to frequent out here.

• Like 1

I haven’t smoked since R40. :(

Maybe not since 2010 for me

10 minutes here :AlienSmiley:

I would if I could but Mary Jane is looked upon differently in this part of Asia.

Besides, the cost here is crazy stupid (3-4 times that in the states maybe? Don’t know these days) and not worth it even if the punishing laws weren’t so brutal.

Any MJ usage I save for Cambodia or Vietnam...but I haven’t been to those parts in several years. The cost there is ridiculously cheap to boot.

• Like 2

I would if I could but Mary Jane is looked upon differently in this part of Asia.

Besides, the cost here is crazy stupid (3-4 times that in the states maybe? Don’t know these days) and not worth it even if the punishing laws weren’t so brutal.

Any MJ usage I save for Cambodia or Vietnam...but I haven’t been to those parts in several years. The cost there is ridiculously cheap to boot.

Glad that I live not too far away from Holland. :7up:

Our laws here are very stupid too. You're allowed to smoke, but you don't have the right to own something. In some regions you get framed when you own a small piece and in others you can own up to 5 g without any restrictions. That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

:(

Gonna do anything about that? ;)

I just had one and it’s pretty nice...

No, sorry. I don’t mean to lead you astray from the straight life. Keep those lungs pure.

But just one itty bitty tiny little doobie won’t hurt...or will it?

You should always bear in mind what happened to Ralph and Blanche in Reefer Madness.

It could happen to you. :yes:

Where did you find some in Vietnam? A bar? A happy pho place?

Howmuchya get and howmuchya pay?

Xoxo

Smitty

Where did you find some in Vietnam? A bar? A happy pho place?

Howmuchya get and howmuchya pay?

Xoxo

Smitty

It found me, I didn’t look for it...street, taxi, other? Can’t remember. Paid maybe about 20 (U.S.) bucks for a big f**k all bag.

• Like 1

No, sorry. I don’t mean to lead you astray from the straight life. Keep those lungs pure.

You should always bear in mind what happened to Ralph and Blanche in Reefer Madness.

I'm just waiting on the new governor I didn't vote for to legalize it, should be under two years.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting on the new governor I didn't vote for to legalize it, should be under two years.

It’s nowhere near as fun when it’s legal. :(

Insert Gary Glitter joke here.

Why Gary Glitter hasn’t been castrated and banished to a vomit & shit-filled pit for the next 100 years is beyond comprehension.

Why Gary Glitter hasn’t been castrated and banished to a vomit & shit-filled pit for the next 100 years is beyond comprehension.

Charisma!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MgBxCPok27o/UIEU1NcAI4I/AAAAAAAAAYE/T1mf1-iXWoQ/s1600/glitter-prawn02.jpg