Telemark Skiing

tangy

The season is underway! Big storm this weekend in the Sierras and I had two great days of skiing. Not enough to venture into the tress, but the runs were nice, with some powder along the edges.

Only five days till winter break! And then...

http://skiheavenly.com/the_mountain/trail_map/map.html

boarder.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 17 2006, 06:04 PM)
The season is underway! Big storm this weekend in the Sierras and I had two great days of skiing. Not enough to venture into the tress, but the runs were nice, with some powder along the edges.

Only five days till winter break! And then...

http://skiheavenly.com/the_mountain/trail_map/map.html

boarder.gif

Wow, that map is looks sick! The milky way bowl and the terrain below it look very intense.

Make some turns for me!

Just got back from a trip to the Seattle area where i had a chance to tear it up at Stevens Pass with my brother in law. Actually had sun all day and lots of snow (no powder, though). I'd never been to Stevens Pass before, but I recommend it. Lots of vertical and very few beginners, as the terrain is mostly steep.

Meanwhile, back home, Tahoe finally got a decent storm! The power of prayer!

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 5 2007, 01:12 AM)
Just got back from a trip to the Seattle area where i had a chance to tear it up at Stevens Pass with my brother in law. Actually had sun all day and lots of snow (no powder, though). I'd never been to Stevens Pass before, but I recommend it. Lots of vertical and very few beginners, as the terrain is mostly steep.

Meanwhile, back home, Tahoe finally got a decent storm! The power of prayer!

Way to go! I can't wait to make a few turns, theres very little snow on the east coast this year. Its so lame here in NC that instead of praying for snow, they actually say pray for "cold enough to blow snow". Oh well, the mtn. biking has been great though.

I was thinking, that maybe you or I or anyone should start a snow sports or skiing/snowboarding thread to try to encourage others to post about there winter sports activities.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 23 2009, 02:00 PM)
I can't wait to go skiing. Heading out to CO in April but I am actually going to try the NC resorts again. The X games are driving me crazy...........

I'll be at Steamboat the first week in October. My buddy in the Denver area says there's tons of snow. In the Tahoe area...grimly bare. We've been desperate for a storm and finally got one...that brought rain. sad.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 24 2009, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 23 2009, 02:00 PM)
I can't wait to go skiing. Heading out to CO in April but I am actually going to try the NC resorts again. The X games are driving me crazy...........

I'll be at Steamboat the first week in October. My buddy in the Denver area says there's tons of snow. In the Tahoe area...grimly bare. We've been desperate for a storm and finally got one...that brought rain. sad.gif

Wow, hope things improve for you.

I actually was trying to bump your snow and ice thread but must of been doing something wrong as I could not find it throought the searh feature???

I am definitiely going to try a NC resort this week!