Rush on a Postage Stamp?

robertkincaid96

Has anyone ever seen a real postage stamp with Rush on it? The United States requires the person to be deceased to be on a stamp. Currently, former U.S. presidents are honored with a stamp the year after they die, but others have to wait 10 years to be eligible. There is some pending changes to that policy that will reduce the wait to 5 years if it is passed. I have from other countries, stamps with Led Zeppelin, Elton John, and a few others. I have searched everywhere to see if I could find any with Rush, but have not found any real ones. Some e-bayers have things listed as stamps, not Postage Stamps, and they are merely an image scanned onto a sticker or similar.

It cost 39 cents in the U.S. but looking for an increase to 42 cents in May 2007. That is undecided as of now.

Here is another thread that mentions Walgreens although I am sure that the service may be available elsewhere. You can have a photo turned into a real postage stamp that can be used for mail. If it is an obviously copyrighted photograph the company will not produce the stamp. If you have any photos from concerts or meet-n-greets I am sure that those can be made into stamps.

http://postmediacanadadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/rush-stamp.jpg?w=680

As if finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight wasn't enough, Rush are now also getting their own postage stamp! The legendary progressive rockers are one of four bands - the others are Beau Dommage, the Guess Who and the Tragically Hip - being included in the latest set of Canadian Recording Artist stamps from Canada Post. The stamp will be available beginning July 19 at Canada Post retail outlets or online.

Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 1

http://postmediacanadadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/rush-stamp.jpg?w=680

As if finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight wasn't enough, Rush are now also getting their own postage stamp! The legendary progressive rockers are one of four bands - the others are Beau Dommage, the Guess Who and the Tragically Hip - being included in the latest set of Canadian Recording Artist stamps from Canada Post. The stamp will be available beginning July 19 at Canada Post retail outlets or online.

This is too awesome, they could make a bumpersticker out of this image.

We're so cool, we have stamps with a naked guy on 'em.