Men, be honest

Slime

Do you ever tear up during a movie?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever tear up during a movie?

• Never! I haven't teared up even once during a movie
    • I've done it maybe a few times for extraordinary cases
    • I tear up every now and then
    • Quite a few movies causes the waterworks
    • I cry during pretty much every sad aspect of any movie

QUOTE (Slime @ Oct 31 2006, 12:21 AM)
for me, I can't watch Spock's Death in "Wrath of Khan" without getting teary eyed. Gandalf's fall in Fellowship does the same thing.

Plus there's one other movie I tear up during whose name I shall never reveal.

Bro, I hate to say it....

but this is a whole new level of dork.

in this poll you forgot the option, it depends if my wife is with me.

laugh.gif

I hate the fact that I tear up at that stupid "You had me at hello" from Jerry McGuire. I've seen it I don't know how many times, but I always choke up. sad.gif fists crying.gif

I also choke up at the original Brian's Song, which is about football. Whew! Not gay.

QUOTE (Riv @ Oct 31 2006, 02:14 PM)
for me, I can't watch Spock's Death in "Wrath of Khan" without getting teary eyed. Gandalf's fall in Fellowship does the same thing.

rofl3.gif

careful insulting the dorks, there's a lot of us round these parts. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 31 2006, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Oct 31 2006, 02:14 PM)

rofl3.gif

careful insulting the dorks, there's a lot of us round these parts. tongue.gif

(Twinges at struck nerve)

angry.gif

sad.gif

unsure.gif

doh.gif

Yeah, "Field of Dreams" is another culprit... especially when Archie Graham (Frank Whaley) crosses the foul line and becomes Dr. Graham (Burt Lancaster). Then he can't go back to the baseball diamond.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 1 2006, 03:35 AM)
Yeah, "Field of Dreams" is another culprit... especially when Archie Graham (Frank Whaley) crosses the foul line and becomes Dr. Graham (Burt Lancaster). Then he can't go back to the baseball diamond.

That part doesn't get me so much as the "It was you." "No, it was you." Then he realizes the catcher is his father and later says, "Dad, do you wanna play catch?" Kills me every time. fists crying.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 1 2006, 03:35 AM)

That part doesn't get me so much as the "Ease his pain. It was you." "No, it was you." Then he realizes the catcher is his father and later says, "Dad, do you wanna play catch?" Kills me every time. fists crying.gif

ok im gonna put myself out there. scared.gif

theres a scene in the movie "the notebook" where james garner is having dinner with his wife who has dementia, she for a brief period of time is actually remembering there life together and they are having a special moment and in an instant she looks at him with a frightened stare and panics asking him who he is and she starts to scream for help. he tells her he is her husband and trys to calm her down but she continues to scream for help. he begins to weep uncontrollably and you can just feel his heart break. this was a moment that even with laurette in the room i could not stay water free.

scenes that often get me is when two people are deeply in love and one of them dies tragically and unexpectedly or is the victim of a violent crime or something. that always makes me think of how much i love robin and how heartbreaking something like that would be, and often before you know it... fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Margana @ Oct 31 2006, 05:47 PM)
Old Yeller (although I haven't seen it in a long time) and some parts of Titanic do it for me.
I don't watch deliberate tear jerkers like Beaches and Imitation of Life.

"OK, who cried when Old Yeller died. Oh cmon, none of you cried when Old Yeller died, yeah sure..."

http://www.jayski.com/home/pics/bmurray.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

It happens on occassion, usually when teh scen involves a Dad & his kids (daughters).

Seems to be happening more as I get older. wink.gif

I saw La Boheme live last night - if youre at all interested in that sort of thing, it was fantatsic, funny and moving. Including it here cause there were some tearjerker parts. Men kinda quiet, ladies weeping, and one old dude who was so asleep it sounded like Darth Vader was sitting next to us. We kept calling him Anakin...