Men, be honest

Slime

Do you ever tear up during a movie?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever tear up during a movie?

• Never! I haven't teared up even once during a movie
    • I've done it maybe a few times for extraordinary cases
    • I tear up every now and then
    • Quite a few movies causes the waterworks
    • I cry during pretty much every sad aspect of any movie

Men don't cry.

I cry once in awhile. Some films that get me (even with repeated viewings) are: E.T., Awakenings, and the "old man scene" at the end of Home Alone. I also cried the first time I saw the ending of "Ghost," but I haven't cried with repeated viewings. (I think I was having male PMS when I first saw it.)

Never cry, but I do find myself getting deeply emotionally attached every once in awhile, that will leave me unable to talk for awhile after viewing. And it's movies that you wouldn't think would do it... that do it. The last one I remember was the end of M. Night Shyamalan's "Lady in Water".

QUOTE (Slime @ Oct 29 2006, 07:10 PM)
Men/boys/guys/males only need apply cause we know all women cry during movies tongue.gif

The question is clear: Do you, or have you ever, cried/teared up/sobbed during any movie?

I cried every time I saw "Made In Heaven" with Timothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis back in 1987. Such a beautiful and touching story. Could be true too. unsure.gif

for me, I can't watch Spock's Death in "Wrath of Khan" without getting teary eyed. Gandalf's fall in Fellowship does the same thing.

Plus there's one other movie I tear up during whose name I shall never reveal.

QUOTE (Slime @ Oct 30 2006, 04:21 PM)
Plus there's one other movie I tear up during whose name I shall never reveal.

Alright, Girly Man, is the answer "Beaches" or is it "Steel Magnolias"?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Oct 30 2006, 07:30 PM)
Brain Donors gets me every time.

i love that movie ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 30 2006, 06:28 PM)
Just Saturday I got super choked up watching Eastwood's Million Dollar Babies. That one got to me.

There's even been a few chick flicks that have made me squirt a tear or two. fists crying.gif

It's cos you love boxing mate, crying over boxing is perfectly acceptable for the average macho maniac...

trink38.gif

My Life w/ Michael Keaton did it (welling up). My reward for watching a chick flick. Philadelphia too, when Tom Hank's brother loses it at the end when he's fading away in a hospital bed. If in a theater, I just look up and think of the Three Stooges or something and it goes away biggrin.gif

I cried like a baby during "Happy Gilmore" when Happy hit Bob Barker. fists crying.gif

Do tears of laughter count?

That was the funniest scene I have ever been fortunate enough to watch. I had to rewind it 3 times befoire I could catch the dialogue. I was literally on the floor.

That was the only time I actually cried during a movie.

"A League of Their Own" - several scenes in this movie: the moment that someone gets bad news about their husband. When someone helps their team win the final game. When the older women go to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Disney's "Prince of Egypt"

And a real tear jerker - "October Sky"

i get teared up every so often

and most times its during a movie my little brother is watching like The Land Before Time

poor little foot!