Halloween question: What's the most

treeduck

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Alien'.

Jaws did the most damage to my psyche. I was young, but the Jaws Fever was sweeping the nation, so mom agreed to let my older sister take me. Bad move. yes.gif I couldn't sleep for months. I had nightmares of that scene with the head rolling out of the hole in The Orca, every night. I still hate the ocean. I can't stop being nervous when my kids are at the shore. It drives me nuts.

There've been a few B-grade vampire flicks that were ultra scary, but the best horror movie that actually scared me was the original HALLOWEEN. It had it all and I don't think any slasher flick has come close to it. no.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 29 2006, 06:11 AM)
'Alien'.

That one got me too. For once the monster didn't look like a guy in a suit, it looked organic, real in other words. Plus it was an inspired design, made up of all the things we're scared of: it was slimey, reptilian, spidery had the face of a death's head, squealed like some kind of giant insect/mouse and they only showed you bits of it so you were never sure what it was exactly. Also the film had genuine suspense and atmosphere, a great cast too...

I agree with a lot of the choices here, Hallow'een, Alien and Poltergeist as being scary.

The first scary film I remember seeing on TV was the original Pyscho while the first I saw at the cinema was a 60's "Curse of the Werewolf" starring Oliver Reed.

Of more recent times the two that stand out and I would recommend them are Amityville (when you consider that it was based on a true story) and my all time favourite - The Shining.

There are a couple of scenes that even though I know what is going to happen, the hairs on my neck still stand up (where the two girls appear in the games room and in the corridor). Its one of the few films where I noticed the photography and setting - great big hotel in the mountains.

scared.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 29 2006, 08:03 PM)
Jaws.... Scared the sh** out of me. tongue.gif We had a pool back when it came out. After seeing that I would never go swimming alone at night rofl3.gif especially the deep end unsure.gif laugh.gif So much for swimming in the ocean as well wink.gif

What, Troutman scared of a big fish??

ohmy.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 29 2006, 04:35 PM)
Jaws.... Scared the sh** out of me.  tongue.gif  We had a pool back when it came out. After seeing that I would never go swimming alone at night  rofl3.gif especially the deep end unsure.gif  laugh.gif So much for swimming in the ocean as well wink.gif

ohmy.gif tongue.gif

rofl3.gif Yes anything that can chomp me in half while I am in the water you bet laugh.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Oct 29 2006, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 29 2006, 04:35 PM)
Jaws.... Scared the sh** out of me.  tongue.gif  We had a pool back when it came out. After seeing that I would never go swimming alone at night  rofl3.gif especially the deep end unsure.gif  laugh.gif So much for swimming in the ocean as well wink.gif

ohmy.gif tongue.gif

rofl3.gif Yes anything that can chomp me in half while I am in the water you bet laugh.gif

laugh.gif

very few movies actually scare me.

The Ring and The Grudge freaked me out, but they were both like fun "this is awesome!" type scary as opposed to "oh my god i'm so scared!"

although some parts of the grudge were actually like split-second scary, even though nowadays it for some reason seems like that movie actually wasn't all that great.

The one thing i always remember most about the ring is the girl's face that died in the beginning. oh my god, that split second shot was just so disturbing! that sure as hell stuck with me. kinda set the mood for the rest of the movie too. even though nothing after that really scared me, it just made me feel tense and freaked out throughout the whole rest of it. it was definitely exciting though! that's a great movie.

Even though there are movies out there that most would deem scarier, i honestly think The Ring and The Grude were the only movies that have honestly scared me, aside from movies that freaked me out when i was really little and the only one of those i can remember for sure is Pet Semetary.

Edited by Freedom_Fighter

I've never seen "The Exorcist," and I'm afraid to. Something tells me it would freak me out! scared.gif

Of the movies I have seen, I couldn't say which was scariest. These days, I get a little creeped after watching any horror movie at night. I get paranoid that a killer will break into my house and hurt my family and me.

Hey, has anyone ever seen "Black Christmas" (also known as "Silent Night, Evil Night")? I haven't, but I heard it's one of the scariest movies. It was made in 1974 by the director of "A Christmas Story" and "Porky's."

I have seen Black Christmas - it was more like a thriller about a serial killer.

Last night, here in the UK, there was a programme dealing with the 50 scariest movies of all time based on viewer's votes.

Hannibal was 2nd and Alien was 1st.

While I really enjoyed Alien, I don't tend to think of it as a horror movie - more sci-fi, although there are scary moments and plenty of tension

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 30 2006, 04:36 PM)
Jeepers Creepers scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif

The first one.  It really scared me!  I moved closer and closer to someone laugh.gif while I was 'jumping' from being so scared wacko.gif

Actually I found Jeepers Creepers annoying, the "kids" made so many stupid decisions it must be a record. "Oh look a big pipe leading to some scary looking pit I think I better crawl down there and get my ass caught!!" Talk about silly. I carried on watching though because i have a thing for Gina Philips... wub.gif

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6971/ginawz1.jpg