The KISS Solo Albums of 1978!

RUSHHEAD666

Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?

• ACE
    • GENE
    • PAUL
    • PETER

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 12 2006, 11:00 PM)
Believe it or not Ace is trying out as an actor...Has a role in a movie called Remedy (haven't seen it). I've heard he is working on a solo album as well...

Didn't Peter Criss make a guest appearance as a inmate on the HBO series" OZ"?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 12 2006, 03:19 PM)
Dressing up other people as Ace and Peter is pretty much unforgivable.

I was shocked when I first saw that on a magazine cover. eh.gif

Yes, And the fact they CONTINUE to go on this way, after there so called Farewell tour was what? five or six years ago...

Just like the Who continue to tour, I remember the big hype of them ending (early 80's?) Last Concert in states was Cleveland and North America, Toronto Canada still have that on vhs tape. Of course you seen them play everywhere after that for years to come. And how low class was it for them to keep on playing after the sudden death of Entwistle at Las Vegas.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 13 2006, 12:14 AM)
Believe it or not Ace is trying out as an actor...Has a role in a movie called Remedy (haven't seen it).  I've heard he is working on a solo album as well...

You are correct. According to Imdb he appeared in 2 episodes in 2002....

Oz is one of several TVshows I have yet to watch but want to check out..I can't seem to find Season 1 for rental anywhere..I wan to start it from the beginning...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 13 2006, 02:28 AM)
Believe it or not Ace is trying out as an actor...Has a role in a movie called Remedy (haven't seen it).  I've heard he is working on a solo album as well...

Oz is one of several TVshows I have yet to watch but want to check out..I can't seem to find Season 1 for rental anywhere..I wan to start it from the beginning...

i never noticed him in that which character did he play?

And Test Oz is a really good series but a little too heavy with the male rape/male arse shots

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 10 2006, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 10 2006, 12:31 AM)
I decided about the solo Kiss albums 3 years before I even heard of Rush.

I thought it was pretty much general consensus all over the place that Ace's was the best?  confused13.gif

What you think it's like a clan thing and everyone comes together in stone temple in a secret underground cavern on the first Friday of the month dressed in a cowl and robe and all agree that this album or that album is the sacred one and all must abide by this...??

laugh.gif

Yeah, well sure we do. Are you saying you don't get an invite....

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Disco @ Oct 13 2006, 05:42 AM)

I thought it was pretty much general consensus all over the place that Ace's was the best?  confused13.gif

What you think it's like a clan thing and everyone comes together in stone temple in a secret underground cavern on the first Friday of the month dressed in a cowl and robe and all agree that this album or that album is the sacred one and all must abide by this...??

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

ok i have not chimed in on this thread yet so here goes. i was a kiss fanatic as a child, i saw them 6 times live, 2 times with the makeup, 4 times without. i owned all the early albums up to dynasty. that album made me turn my back on kiss for about 3 or 4 years and i came back as a fan on lick it up. i however never owned or really gave much of a listen to any of there solo albums. i have heard a couple of tracks here and there but was never very impressed with any of it. i am most familiar with aces album and it was ok at best. the way they packaged these albums was ultra gay and even as a kid i thought the whole marketing of them was cheese. what im trying very hard to figure out now is why 4 shity albums are getting this much attension ? confused13.gif

p.s. if you want a great kiss album to listen to, get kiss unplugged, this album rocks big time ! 1022.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 13 2006, 06:26 AM)
i however never owned or really gave much of a listen to any of there solo albums. i have  heard a couple of tracks here and there but was never very impressed with any of it. i am most familiar with aces album and it was ok at best. the way they packaged these albums was ultra gay and even as a kid i thought the whole marketing of them was cheese. what im trying very hard to figure out now is why 4 shity albums are getting this much attension ? confused13.gif

nasty.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 13 2006, 03:56 AM)

And Test Oz is a really good series but a little too heavy with the male rape/male arse shots

062802puke_prv.gif

I don't watch much TV in particular violent stuff but I have seen most or all of the OZ shows. Its a very addictive show and I just could not stop watching it despite the very,very brutal content. Its a great show but it is majorly violent. I don't recall him playing a guess role but not disputing that he did.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 13 2006, 10:26 AM)

p.s. if you want a great kiss album to listen to, get kiss unplugged, this album rocks big time ! 1022.gif

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

That video is out of control amazing. I made MP3s straight from the vid since I don't own the CD. So mine comes with Paul's talk ups and other stuff. It's one of the greatest acoustic performances of any band I can think of.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 13 2006, 11:43 AM)

062802puke_prv.gif

I don't watch much TV in particular violent stuff but I have seen most or all of the OZ shows. Its a very addictive show and I just could not stop watching it despite the very,very brutal content. Its a great show but it is majorly violent. I don't recall him playing a guess role but not disputing that he did.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 13 2006, 11:43 AM)

062802puke_prv.gif

Martin Montgomery

Prisoner #99M633

Actor: Peter Criss

Convicted March 16, 1999. Two counts Assault in the first degree. Sentence: 8 years. Up for parole in 5. Stabbed in the neck by inmate Henry Stanton.

http://www.durfee.net/oz/images/Montgomery5.jpg

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 13 2006, 12:29 PM)
Martin Montgomery
Prisoner #99M633

Convicted March 16, 1999. Two counts Assault in the first degree. Sentence: 8 years. Up for parole in 5. Stabbed in the neck by inmate Henry Stanton.

Any idea if this is on YouTube?

QUOTE (Disco @ Oct 13 2006, 04:42 AM)

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

If i joined up with the Ace Frehley Solo Album Cult I'd be drummed out of the Church of the Great Duck Egg for sure...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 13 2006, 12:33 PM)
Martin Montgomery
Prisoner #99M633

I could not find it after a brief search.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 13 2006, 07:19 AM)
kishug.gif

wink.gif

why you little... rage.gif

oh, who am i kidding? eh.gif

i can't stay mad at you. no.gif

come here, ya' big galoot!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/rushgoober3/rushgoober4/akr0015.jpg

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 13 2006, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 13 2006, 12:33 PM)
Martin Montgomery
Prisoner #99M633

I could not find it after a brief search.

According to Imdb.com the 2 episodes with Criss are titled "Laws of Gravity" and "Visitation".

Ok. I've been listening lately to both the Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley solo albums. And I have to change my vote. I love Ace's album. I LOVE Ace's album.

But Paul's is better.

Ace is now at 17 votes

Paul is now at 5

laugh.gif

Oh yeah baby! I couldn't wait to come tonight and find this thread!

I can't believe how much Ace blows the other three Legends away!

Obviously this Forum knows their shit. ACE has 18 votes!

DONE!

But I had to pull this sucka back up to the top! ACE IS ON THE TOP!

Holy shit! This is from 2006!!!!

Some things never change! LOL!

I don't know a thing about their individual albums...

*braces for either an ear or tail pulling*

:scared:

My older brothers had these, but I don't ever remember hearing what was on them.

But they had the LP covers up on the bedroom wall, yeah!

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1