The KISS Solo Albums of 1978!

RUSHHEAD666

Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?

• ACE
    • GENE
    • PAUL
    • PETER

After the Creatures and Unmasked situations something similar happened with Animalize; Mark St John (whatever happened to him and who was he anyway?) played on the album and appeared on the cover but fell ill and didn't tour and was replaced by Bruce. Who of course went on to join the band proper and appeared on his first "full" album with 1985's Asylum which wasn't as good as the previous three...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 10 2006, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 10 2006, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 10 2006, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 10 2006, 12:31 AM)
I decided about the solo Kiss albums 3 years before I even heard of Rush.

I thought it was pretty much general consensus all over the place that Ace's was the best?  confused13.gif

What you think it's like a clan thing and everyone comes together in stone temple in a secret underground cavern on the first Friday of the month dressed in a cowl and robe and all agree that this album or that album is the sacred one and all must abide by this...??

laugh.gif

I'm just saying that if you use this poll result as even a minor barometer, you can see that Ace is WELL in the lead, and every time I've ever heard of Kiss fans talking about the solo albums in various arenas, people almost always agree that Ace's is the best. Obviously it's a lot of subjective opinions, but the general consensus is that Ace's is the best. Obviously you are free to disagree all you want, but that's what the majority of people think, and the results here have nothing to do with Ace's connection to Alex. I can't imagine anyone voting for him for that reason.

It's not a case of disagreeing, it just is what it is, you see in Duckworld Stanley's is the best...

laugh.gif

So what you're saying is you like Paul Stanley's solo album the best??? ohmy.gif

See, I hadn't picked up on that before. no.gif

sarcasm.gif

doh.gif

tongue.gif

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM)
So then, what do some of you think about that so-called comeback Kiss album called "PSYCHO CIRCUS?"

Crap or Cream?

I don't think the album as a whole plays as brilliant, but it has brillaint moments. Most of them going to Gene, imo. The 2nd track, Within, is without a doubt one of the best Kiss tunes ever recorded. And Gene keeps scoring with songs like We Are One, and Land of 1,000 whatever (the CD's last song).

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM)
Also what about that last KISS album that was shelved for a few years called "Carnival of Souls?"  That one featured Bruce and Eric Singer.  I read that Bruce was really pissed that the record was put on hold so Paul and Gene could do the reunion thing.

Now this CD blew me away. I heard Jungle on the radio and it impressed enough to buy the release. Once I put it on, Jungle quickly became one of the least listened to tracks. I go f'ing crazy over this album - they should have toured on this CD or at least added those songs to the playlists on their tours (have they? confused13.gif). Anyway - they should have returned to this lineup, and to this musical direction.

BTW - Eric Singer RULES 1022.gif I love this guy's style. He's amazing!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 10 2006, 12:44 PM)
More KISSTORY!

So then, what do some of you think about that so-called comeback Kiss album called "PSYCHO CIRCUS?"

Crap or Cream?

I thought it was just average. I heard that Ace only plays guitar on a few tracks. Same with Peter. Weak.

Also what about that last KISS album that was shelved for a few years called "Carnival of Souls?" That one featured Bruce and Eric Singer. I read that Bruce was really pissed that the record was put on hold so Paul and Gene could do the reunion thing.

I thought the record was actually quite heavy for a KISS record. I liked it.

One more quick KISS question. Would you go to a KISS KONCERT with today's line up?? Tommy Thayer from the great underrated band "Black N Blue" and of course the excellent Eric Singer on drums.

I would go!

I got a couple of Black N Blue albums, what was that one called, Hold onto 18 and at about the same time Autograph were 19 and Non-stop...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 10 2006, 01:39 PM)

Kind of embarrassing now though that Bryan Adams wrote some of the songs (not the better ones btw).

Adams co-wrote 2 of the songs and they were 2 of the best songs on the album IMO (Rock 'n Roll Hell and War Machine)....Back then Adams was more of a rocker than the icky pop singer he is nowadays...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 10 2006, 01:29 PM)

Kind of embarrassing now though that Bryan Adams wrote some of the songs (not the better ones btw).

Adams co-wrote 2 of the songs and they were 2 of the best songs on the album IMO (Rock 'n Roll Hell and War Machine)....Back then Adams was more of a rocker than the icky pop singer he is nowadays...

My faves are Creatures, Danger and I love it Loud...

smile.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 10 2006, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 10 2006, 01:29 PM)

My faves are Creatures, Danger and I love it Loud...

smile.gif

I Love It Loud is my all time fav on it as well trink39.gif

A Rock 'n Roll Anthem all the way! 1022.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 10 2006, 11:21 AM)

My sister once told me way back when we were kids that KISS used to wash their forks and spoons with piss.

I guess that was one in a million rumours about the band.

unsure.gif Never heard that one... bolt.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Oct 11 2006, 01:20 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 10 2006, 11:21 AM)

My sister once told me way back when we were kids that KISS used to wash their forks and spoons with piss.

I guess that was one in a million rumours about the band.

unsure.gif Never heard that one... bolt.gif

The 90s variation on that was Madonna used to cut out the middle man and just drink the piss...

laugh.gif

I had Ace's and Gene's solo albums. I liked Ace's quite a bit.

I remember seeing a review of Gene's solo album in a music publication and all it said (I kid you not) was this... "Gene Simmons is Alice Cooper". laugh.gif

ps.. Hey Test4VitalSigns.....that face at the bottom of your posts is freaking me out...! laugh.gif

Edited by 2 Soups

Right on Pat!!

You opened Pandora's Box for me!! Thanks!!

I LOVE "Black N Blue!"

Every song on the first self titled release is incredible. This is not off topic either thanks to a Killer Kiss Konnection!

The Strong Will Rock

School of Hard Knocks

Autoblast

Hold on to 18

Wicked Bitch

Action (an excellent cover of the SWEET original!) Steve Stevens also covered this song with the Atomic Playboys!

Show Me the Night

One For the Money

I'm the King

Chains Around Heaven

This is one of the most underrated rock records on the planet!! It is in print and remastered on the Majestic Rock Label.

The sophomore release called "Without Love" is also a classic in my mind.

Rockin' On Heaven's Door

Without Love

Stop The Lightning

Nature of the Beach

Miss Mystery

Swing Time

Bombastic Plastic

We Got the Fire

Strange Things

Two Wrongs

(Don't Make a Right)

Then Gene Simmons came along and produced the third record called "Nasty Nasty" with a little help on one song by Jonathan Cain.

The first song on the record "Nasty Nasty" actually contains the same riff that KISS stole for their song called "Domino" on their release called "REVENGE." I actually liked that KISS record when it came out!! But as a big Black N Blue fan, I knew right away that Gene somehow must have gotten permission from Tommy of Jamie St. Jean to use that riff.

Other songs which rock on the record are:

I Want it All ( I Want it Now)

Does She or Doesn't She

Kiss of Death

12 O'Clock High

Do What You Wanna Do

I'll Be There For You

Rules

Best in the West

Then their fourth album came out called "In Heat" which was also produced by Gene Simmons, and I thought the album was very weak. I was very bummed hearing this record. I still can not get into it today. Should have been called "Down In Flames."

Oh well!! Now Tommy Thayer is wearing the make up in KISS and kicking ass on the guitar!! Good for him I say!! I have also heard that Black N Blue are in the studio right now trying to wrap up a new cd!!!!!

I can only hope!!!

Cheers to all the Black N Blue fans on here!!! I bet there are not many!!!

trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 12 2006, 12:41 AM)
Right on Pat!!

You opened Pandora's Box for me!! Thanks!!

I LOVE "Black N Blue!"

Every song on the first self titled release is incredible. This is not off topic either thanks to a Killer Kiss Konnection!

The Strong Will Rock
School of Hard Knocks
Autoblast
Hold on to 18
Wicked Bitch
Action (an excellent cover of the SWEET original!) Steve Stevens also covered this song with the Atomic Playboys!
Show Me the Night
One For the Money
I'm the King
Chains Around Heaven

This is one of the most underrated rock records on the planet!! It is in print and remastered on the Majestic Rock Label.

The sophomore release called "Without Love" is also a classic in my mind.

Rockin' On Heaven's Door
Without Love
Stop The Lightning
Nature of the Beach
Miss Mystery
Swing Time
Bombastic Plastic
We Got the Fire
Strange Things
Two Wrongs
(Don't Make a Right)

Then Gene Simmons came along and produced the third record called "Nasty Nasty" with a little help on one song by Jonathan Cain.

The first song on the record "Nasty Nasty" actually contains the same riff that KISS stole for their song called "Domino" on their release called "REVENGE." I actually liked that KISS record when it came out!! But as a big Black N Blue fan, I knew right away that Gene somehow must have gotten permission from Tommy of Jamie St. Jean to use that riff.

Other songs which rock on the record are:

I Want it All ( I Want it Now)
Does She or Doesn't She
Kiss of Death
12 O'Clock High
Do What You Wanna Do
I'll Be There For You
Rules
Best in the West

Then their fourth album came out called "In Heat" which was also produced by Gene Simmons, and I thought the album was very weak. I was very bummed hearing this record. I still can not get into it today. Should have been called "Down In Flames."

Oh well!! Now Tommy Thayer is wearing the make up in KISS and kicking ass on the guitar!! Good for him I say!! I have also heard that Black N Blue are in the studio right now trying to wrap up a new cd!!!!!

I can only hope!!!

Cheers to all the Black N Blue fans on here!!! I bet there are not many!!!

trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

I only got the first two B n' B albums Bombastic Plastic that's a blast from the past alright...

Thayer hasn't got his own make-up design though like Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr, he's "playing" Ace...

http://www.louisvillemusic.net/lmn/issues/2004/2004January/images/Tommy_Thayer2ByMStout.jpg

I haven't heard him play with Kiss yet what's he like?

Nice pic Pat!

I honestly must say that I have not seen the current line up yet. I have missed them the last few times they came around my way.

There is no doubt that I will go next time they come though that's for sure. A few of my friends who have gone said that KISS still put on one hell of a show!!!

Earl

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 12 2006, 01:19 PM)
Dressing up other people as Ace and Peter is pretty much unforgivable.

I was shocked when I first saw that on a magazine cover. eh.gif

That's the exact reason why I didn't go to see KISS the last few times. As good a guitar player that Tommy is and as great as a drummer Eric Singer is, I didn't want to see KISS impersonators either.

I might give in next time though. The last time I saw KISS was on the PSYCHO CIRCUS TOUR. It was in Concord Ca. I will never forget when Paul turned around to Peter and yelled from the top of his lungs in front of everyone, "HEY PETER!!!!!! GO BACK TO TOKYO!!!!!!"

I really didn't quite get it but I knew it was rude. Maybe some of you guys know what Paul meant by that.

Was Peter's solo career embraced by the Japanese?? I scored an autographed drumhead by Peter that night! The dude has vanished from the face of the earth. So has Ace! What is Ace doing these days????

confused13.gif

Earl