The KISS Solo Albums of 1978!

RUSHHEAD666

Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?

• ACE
    • GENE
    • PAUL
    • PETER

Gene Simmons is coming to South Points Mall in Durham, but for what, I don't know.

Is he promoting anything at the moment?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 9 2006, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:30 AM)
Ace can't sing...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

man, do you love to bait people or what? sarcasm.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah but it's true...

If he was a better singer than Stanley he'd have sung more of Kiss songs surely...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 12:23 PM)
Ace can't sing...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah but it's true...

If he was a better singer than Stanley he'd have sung more of Kiss songs surely...

Definitely Paul and Gene are the best singers in the band, but I like Ace's voice too (and Peter's as well for that matter). I just think Ace had THE kick-ass album of the bunch. I seem to remember the Paul one being a bit heavy on the syrupy love songs, but it's been a long time. At the minimum, it wasn't an album I was inspired to play much. In fact, outside of the first two songs on Gene's album, the only album of the four that really held my interest was Ace's. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 9 2006, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 12:23 PM)
Ace can't sing...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah but it's true...

Definitely Paul and Gene are the best singers in the band, but I like Ace's voice too (and Peter's as well for that matter). I just think Ace had THE kick-ass album of the bunch. I seem to remember the Paul one being a bit heavy on the syrupy love songs, but it's been a long time. At the minimum, it wasn't an album I was inspired to play much. In fact, outside of the first two songs on Gene's album, the only album of the four that really held my interest was Ace's. yes.gif

Paul's has a couple of songs that have gentle intro but then they rock out...

honestly Paul's doesn't have a bad tune on it...

I think the Ace landslide on here is more to do with Ace being Alex's old buddy and they still talk about the laughs they had on tour and it was Ace who hung out in the dressing room with Rush etc...

Me I just judge the albums by listening to them...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 04:46 PM)
I think the Ace landslide on here is more to do with Ace being Alex's old buddy and they still talk about the laughs they had on tour and it was Ace who hung out in the dressing room with Rush etc...

wrong: no one knew this info b4 buying the album and enjoying it which formed their opinion in the first place wacko.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:31 PM)

wrong: no one knew this info b4 buying the album and enjoying it which formed their opinion in the first place wacko.gif

How do you know what anybody knew?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:31 PM)

How do you know what anybody knew?

it's OBVIOUS that everyone who voted here based their vote on the merits of the music when they bought it many many years ago. are u saying that everyone here knew they hung out when that info came out pretty recently? how dare you! tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:35 PM)
cause that info was privy to very few people for a very long time.

Bollocks...

ur theory is bullshit! everyone has been talking about their KISS opinions based on their purchaces of the music...the very thing u tried to seperate urself from! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:35 PM)
cause that info was privy to very few people for a very long time.

Bollocks...

ur theory is bullshit! everyone has been talking about their KISS opinions based on their purchaces of the music...the very thing u tried to seperate urself from! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Separated myself from? Dunno what you mean there Davey...

confused13.gif

In your opinion, but in my opinion your theory about my theory is bullshit...

wink.gif

here: ur like "me? i just listen to the music"

oh yeah and we just voted on ace cause he's buddies with alex. where the f**k did anyone say anything about or elude to the fact that they voted based on your theory?

get it?

thank you for the dabate!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 10:51 PM)

oh yeah and we just voted on ace cause he's buddies with alex. where the f**k did anyone say anything about or elude to the fact that they voted based on your theory?

get it?

Well that's what I think matey, we'll call it my duck intuition...

tongue.gif

Pssst hey Davey I'm curious, why do you stay hidden on the forum?

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:56 PM)

get it?

tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

well ur intuition is about to get you an ass kicking! biggrin.gif regarding the annonymity, i've been wondering why the hell my name hasn't shown up either! wtf.gif

EDIT for syntax

Edited by daveyt

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:56 PM)

get it?

tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

well ur intuition is about to get you an ass kicking! biggrin.gif regarding the annonymity, i've been wondering why the hell my name hasn't shown up either! wtf.gif

EDIT for syntax

Hey I'll be expecting you to buy the new Paul Stanley album after this...

biggrin.gif

trink38.gif

Sometime this past Spring I fell into a week long obsession with Paul's solo album. It really is great. I forgot how much I love the song "Ain't Quite Right", as well as others that are excellent songs.