The KISS Solo Albums of 1978!

RUSHHEAD666

Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 1978 KISS Solo Album?

• ACE
    • GENE
    • PAUL
    • PETER

I am sure a lot of you hate KISS with their simple structures and three chord generic grooves. There third grader lyrics and the all around arrogance of Paul and Gene.

Saying that however I bet some of you love KISS like me. Marketing Geniuses!

Well I was at Rasputin's today and I found this killer boxset of the four original solo cds by KISS in deluxe packaging! It is a Russian Import. The box also comes with a DETROIT ROCK CITY bottle opener and a KISS sticker!!

Awesome!!

So what the heck is your favorite KISS 1978 solo album??

Come on and "SHOCK ME" in my black leather and 12 inch high heel boots if none of you vote!!

Every RUSH fan knows that RUSH opened for KISS a ton of times! They even got along!!!

ROCK THE VOTE!!

Sincerely,

THE KISS ARMY!

I liked Paul's the best. His was the most solid rocking of them all. Ace's was kinda strange, and Peter's and Gene's were too mellow for me. But overall, I liked all 4 in general. unsure.gif Edited by Ru5h F@n

How can anyone who's heard all of them vote for anyone other than ACE?

Mind you, I haven't heard any of them besides Ace's in decades, but from memory, Peter's was really awful, Paul's was ok but too shmaltzy, and Gene's had great moments, but was ultimately unsatisfying.

Ace's wasn't exactly a lyrical tour-de-force, but at least it was consistent and enjoyable, bordering on VERY enjoyable...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 7 2006, 07:50 PM)
Which Rasputin's?

Right in the Heart of Bezerkeley!!!

I sure as hell am no ultra liberal, but I love going there for an Ameoba and Rasputin's run!! I found a "The Doors" Promo box set today for 70 bones! It comes in a black case with a booklet like holder with three cds and a dvd. Beautiful packaging as well! Gold stamped on the back as a promo, only 5000 exist in the world. As a matter of fact as I type I am listening to "The End." "Father? Yes son? I want to kill you. Mother, I want to AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Cal Crushed the Ducks tonight!!!!!

Cheers!

Earl

I had Ace and Paul's of the two I'd say Paul's was better.

A buddy had Gene's ,"When you wish upon a star" z7shysterical.gif that was to much! Never heard anything from Peter's. (His other solo album out of control? It wasen't to bad, Wasen't to good either!

Oh, I'd like to add thought the instrumental on Ace's album fractured mirror what a beautiful mood piece well done. Quite different from anything I've heard from KISS.

This is a crazy thread man. I love the ACE record the best, but I know a ton of KISS fans who love the Paul Stanley one! I actually would pick the GENE record second though.

Of course the Peter Criss record is the worst. A Given.

Hey so what about the new Paul Stanley solo project??

Is anyone going to buy it?? I here he is putting a tour together with some very talented musicians.

Anyone want to discuss this in the "Ladies Room?"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 7 2006, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 7 2006, 07:50 PM)
Which Rasputin's?

Right in the Heart of Bezerkeley!!!

I sure as hell am no ultra liberal, but I love going there for an Ameoba and Rasputin's run!! I found a "The Doors" Promo box set today for 70 bones! It comes in a black case with a booklet like holder with three cds and a dvd. Beautiful packaging as well! Gold stamped on the back as a promo, only 5000 exist in the world. As a matter of fact as I type I am listening to "The End." "Father? Yes son? I want to kill you. Mother, I want to AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Cal Crushed the Ducks tonight!!!!!

Cheers!

Earl

Whoa there, easy on those ducks...

wacko.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 7 2006, 11:42 PM)
This is a crazy thread man.  I love the ACE record the best, but I know a ton of KISS fans who love the Paul Stanley one!  I actually would pick the GENE record second though.

Of course the Peter Criss record is the worst.  A Given.

Hey so what about the new Paul Stanley solo project??

Is anyone going to buy it??  I here he is putting a tour together with some very talented musicians.

Anyone want to discuss this in the "Ladies Room?"

KISSONLINE spent Friday with Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, as he rehearsed for his upcoming LIVE TO WIN Tour! Backed by the House Band from the TV show Rock Star, Stanley tore through a mix of material that would make any Paul fan scream with delight! On it's own, the set list is major news but even bigger news is the sound of Paul and his backing band! Comprised of Paul Mirkovich (Keyboards), Jim McGorman (Guitar), Rafael Moreira (Lead Guitar), Nate Morton (Drums) and Sasha Krivstov (Bass), the House Band is a tight unit of musicians on top of their field! Add the greatest front man in rock and look out!

The admiration and respect between Paul and the band is clearly evident. The scary part is this was only the third rehearsal so far. Rehearsals are scheduled almost daily, right up until opening night - October 21st. It should also be noted these are not short rehearsals. Today the guys spent over seven hours delivering the set with a three guitar attack, along with keyboards, a ferocious rhythm section, outstanding backing vocals and Paul Stanley in fine vocal form!

We promised Paul we would not ruin the surprise by posting the set list, but we can tell you there is a nice mix of new material from LIVE TO WIN, tracks from his classic '78 album and KISS songs - some of which have never been played live before!

GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!

http://www.kissonline.com/news/images/stanleyrehearsal.JPG

Probably won't sound as good as his first one. When Peter Criss released his 2nd solo, "Out Of Control", back in the 80's, it was mediocre. unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 8 2006, 12:30 AM)
Did anyone else, like me, back in 1978 or shortly thereafter, get all 4 solo albums and make one long poster out of the four interconnecting pieces that came in each album?

Mine was on my wall for a few years. cool.gif

unsure.gif no.gif confused13.gif

laugh.gif

I got the albums though...

cool.gif

I voted Ace but Paul's (to me) is just about as good. I just think Ace's material plays as well today as it did when it was released and Paul's sounds as old as it is. As far as Ace's album is concerned, songs like Ozone and Snow Blind are absolutely brilliant, even today. I'd take that over Paul's Tonight You Belong... or Love In Chains - any day of any week. yes.gif

Gene's had a few moments that were decent, and I can't remember anything from Peter's.

Personally, I loved the MTV unplugged song they did from Gene's album. That was awesome!!!!!!

The problem with Ace is he just has a very average, flat sounding voice that I find hard to listen to...

Gene's album was pretty much a joke...

Peter veered more into rhythm and blues which would have put a few fans off...

Yep I still maintain that Paul's album is easily the best of the four with much stronger tunes even than Ace's... A lot of ace's stuff is more quirky than anything else...

Hey Pat!

It's funny you should mention that Paul Stanley record as your favorite.

I am listening to one out of the four each night.

I will always dig the Ace one the best. I love the flatness in his voice and his guitar sound! Heck I love Frehley's Comet!! Anton Fig on the drum kit is certainly no slouch.

Anyway I listened to that Paul record tonight, and I think it is outstanding. Well at least for a KISS record. Good stuff.

Tomorrow it's Gene then Peter's!

I have "Out of Control" and I liked it, all though nothing to brag about.

Hey Nappy2112!

It is worth it for the bottle opener!!

I got the box set for 54 bucks plus tax! Not bad!!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 9 2006, 12:02 AM)
Hey Pat!

It's funny you should mention that Paul Stanley record as your favorite.

I am listening to one out of the four each night.

I will always dig the Ace one the best. I love the flatness in his voice and his guitar sound! Heck I love Frehley's Comet!! Anton Fig on the drum kit is certainly no slouch.

Anyway I listened to that Paul record tonight, and I think it is outstanding. Well at least for a KISS record. Good stuff.

Tomorrow it's Gene then Peter's!

I have "Out of Control" and I liked it, all though nothing to brag about.

Hey Nappy2112!

It is worth it for the bottle opener!!

I got the box set for 54 bucks plus tax! Not bad!!

Earl

Yeah you can't fault Paul's album, pretty much every tune is good one, it sounds better than a lot of Kiss albums to me in fact...

No doubt Pat!

So what do you think the new Paul Stanley solo album will sound like??

I like all the info you layed out on here by the way. That did not go unnoticed!!

I am actually interested in his next release. Now more than ever. Melodic rock with guitar solos perhaps?

By the way, I think that last Gene Simmons solo cd was an aluminum frisbee.

What a piece of crap to play with in the backyard.

Did you even buy it? If you did, did you like it???

Earl

Let's see. The first and last solo albums were my favorites. Ace was first one I got and that album kicks ass. Paul I acquired last and that too rocked. They were the first solo remasters I got. Then I got Gene and Peter simultaneously. I prefer Peter's over Gene's. Paul and Ace are a dead tie.