Nip / Tuck

Riv

This is my newest addiction. One of the guys kept raving about it so i watched season one in about 3 days. I think this show is great. Dr. Troy cracks me up. It really is a great show on so many different levels. The plastic surgery scenes make me cringe. I wonder how they do that and make it so realistic?

So I just started season 2. These guys make me wish I was a plastic surgeon.

I've seen the first three seasons and season 4 just got started. It is entertaining. They really push the envelope, sometimes a bit too much for my taste. Season 3 has some especially revolting scenes 062802puke_prv.gif but the storylines keep me coming back. I will say that out of all the FX Dramas (Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck), N/T is my least favorite of the three, but its still a much more interesting show than most of what is out there.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 16 2006, 06:58 PM)
I will say that out of all the FX Dramas (Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck), N/T is my least favorite of the three, but its still a much more interesting show than most of what is out there.

yes.gif

i just started watching this season....so i'm feeling kinda out of the loop from previous seasons.....but i probably won't go and rent the previous seasons just to play catch up......i'm happy starting here and now....

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 17 2006, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 16 2006, 06:58 PM)
I will say that out of all the FX Dramas (Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck), N/T is my least favorite of the three, but its still a much more interesting show than most of what is out there.

yes.gif

i just started watching this season....so i'm feeling kinda out of the loop from previous seasons.....but i probably won't go and rent the previous seasons just to play catch up......i'm happy starting here and now....

It would be worth renting the previous seasons though Ladi. The evolution of Troy's character is great. There seems to be a role-reversal of some sort taking place between Sean and Christian as it pertains to morality anyway. Christian, while being a pig, is someone you want to like and root for, while Sean has been the high ground type of guy that you just despise at times. Now things seem to be changing. Seeing the previous years episodes would help you get all that better. Plus they're just worth watching anyway. yes.gif

I've been watching since the very first episode, one of the very few tv shows that are actually worth watching to me. I cant stand all the fake reality shows (how real is it for a bunch of people to be stranded on an island where the whole point is not to go home???) I enjoyed last weeks episode with Matt turning to Scientology, I wonder what direction they are going to be going with that storyline.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 28 2006, 11:35 PM)
A bunch of girls at work are also talking about this. I still haven't even seen one episode yet...

Methinks I need to start.

yes.gif

It's an amazing show!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The first seasons are available on dvd.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 28 2006, 11:09 PM)
A bunch of girls at work are also talking about this.  I still haven't even seen one episode yet...

yes.gif

Don't you like Famke?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2006, 12:26 AM)
A bunch of girls at work are also talking about this.  I still haven't even seen one episode yet...

yes.gif

Don't you like Famke?

unsure.gif

that character is gone. prolly won't be back for awhile either. no.gif

I liked the idea. Famke played the role well. yes.gif It was quite a bizarre plotline though, but that seems to be what nip/tuck is all about. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 29 2006, 03:55 PM)

yes.gif

Don't you like Famke?

unsure.gif

I liked the idea. Famke played the role well. yes.gif It was quite a bizarre plotline though, but that seems to be what nip/tuck is all about. yes.gif

Yeah it was interesting, no way any tranny ever looked as good as Famke though...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2006, 05:31 PM)

yes.gif

Don't you like Famke?

unsure.gif

Yeah it was interesting, no way any tranny ever looked as good as Famke though...

laugh.gif

Sounds like you like Famke...

unsure.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 29 2006, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2006, 05:31 PM)

yes.gif

Don't you like Famke?

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds like you like Famke...

unsure.gif

Yeah, do you not like her?

I had to search and find this thread. b_sigh.gif

The show has had so many twists this season

it has totally amazed me.

Anyone else still watching???

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 5 2006, 09:48 PM)
I had to search and find this thread. b_sigh.gif

The show has had so many twists this season
it has totally amazed me.

Anyone else still watching???

kinda...

i haven't been watching much tv (or, tivo) lately, so when it was the other night, i felt really lost...

it was the "christmas" episode...

haven't a clue what the hell is going on, but alot sure has changed in having missed 2 or 3 episodes.....

I'm not really digging this season much. They've all become too jaded. Everyone's losing the small amount of redeeming value they may have had.

I heard today that they Rosie O'Donnell will be joining the cast next year as a co-owner of McNamara/Troy. Hmmm. That could be interesting. The episode where Christian nailed her was hilarious. yes.gif