A Child Called "It"

The_Enemy_Within

I went to the library today to type a summary of an article for my Social Studies Class, and the wait for an open computer with internet access was about an hour or more, so I went to a computer that was meant for searching books in the library. I was just thinking of random books, when A Child Called "It" popped in my head. I've heard of it, but never read it, so I searched, and it was aviailble. I picked it up, and read only the first few pages -- I was drawn to that book. I checked it out, and continued reading. Before I knew it, a computer was open and I did my article. I went home, and continud reading.. Got home, continued reading. Ends up, that I read the whole book tonight, and I truly love it. I feel SO bad for David Pelzer for what he had to go through. How could someone be so sick? So sick to do that to their own child, or any child for that matter? Has anyone else read this?

I've only read part of it. But I've heard Pelzer's story a few times on "Oprah."

The odd thing is: as sick as Dave's mother was, she was actually nurturing to her other children, and singled-out Dave for abuse. Strange.

You definitely feel for that poor little boy and can empathize with what he went through - forced to grow up too fast, finding any means of survival and coping that he could. Poor little guy.

Since having children of my own, stories like this one affect me even greater. I can't imagine how anyone could hurt innocent children and make their lives a nightmare; they're so... well, innocent. They just want to be loved and nurtured and made to feel worthwhile; they don't ever deserve to be hurt, neglected, or unloved.

*sniff* I love my kids. wub.gif

life is too short to read books like that, but im glad you enjoyed the read.

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 8 2006, 09:16 AM)
Dave Pelzer has written two other books as well

Little Boy Lost

A Man Named Dave

Yeah, they work together as sort of a "trilogy" - when in fact they're all short books and could've been published as ONE.

It kinda irks me, the way he did it.