Bad Company

nic2112nic

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Free was better, but I'm not a big fan of either group.

not heard that band for years but what i remeber i did like alot of their stuff

now i need to find if i have any of their tunes !!!

can you suggest any ?

Natural 2.gif

QUOTE (Larks @ Aug 25 2006, 02:57 PM)
i only know: Feel like making love. great song

They had other "hits" you probably know, like "Bad Company" and the story-song about a rising rock star who dies of a drug overdose - "Shooting Star." (Chicks love that song for some reason, but I think the music is too repetitive and boring, and the song runs about an hour too long.) See if these lyrics ring a bell:

"That's why they call me...

Bad company

And I can't deny

Bad company

Till the day I die"

"Johnny was a schoolboy

When he heard his first Beatles song

Love Me Do, I think it was

And from then it didn't take him long

Got himself a guitar

Used to play every night

Now he's in a rock 'n' roll outfit

And everything's alright

Don't you know?

Don't you know that you are a shooting star

Don't you know

Don't you know

Don't you know that you are a shooting star

And all the world will love you just as long -

As long as you are."

EDIT: You may also know their songs "Ready for Love" and "Rock and Roll Fantasy."

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Natural Rush @ Aug 25 2006, 10:49 AM)
not heard that band for years but what i remeber i did like alot of their stuff

now i need to find if i have any of their tunes  !!!

can you suggest any ?

Natural 2.gif

Yes here are some you might enjoy. smile.gif Remember they are pretty diverse also. So you will have too pick and choose trink39.gif

Segull

Movin' On

Run with the pack

Ready for love

Shooting Star

Electric Land 1022.gif

Silver, blue and gold 653.gif

Young blood

These are just some, there are many more trink39.gif

they were a decent band.

The best thing about them was the women at their concerts. for some reason they were extra hot and extra horny.

Back in the early to mid 80's the two concerts you went to and KNEW there was gonna be some seriously hot women at were Bad Co. and Steve Miller.

Saw them both a bunch ;-)

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Aug 26 2006, 07:39 AM)
The best thing about them was the women at their concerts. for some reason they were extra hot and extra horny.

Was it Paul Rodgers's looks that brought them in?

didn't ever really figure out WHY, but it was amazing. Girls really like them both. Quite different than how few women could be seen at a Rush show!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 26 2006, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (third hand grace @ Aug 26 2006, 07:39 AM)

Was it Paul Rodgers's looks that brought them in?

It's Paul Rogers VOICE that brings 'em in.

Perhaps the very best blue eyed soul voice in rock.

My favorite example of it is a song I didn't see mentioned yet,

Burning Sky.

My favorite Bad Company album was Run With the Pack followed by Straight Shooter, Desolation Angels, self-titled, Rough Diamonds and Burnin' Sky.

Bad Company were forced to reform at Atlantic's behest after Paul Rodgers went AWOL and Boz Burrell didn't like the first post-Rodgers album Fame and Fortune and quit then it was Ralphs and Kirke who carried on. Ralphs and Kirke did every studio album though Ralphs sat out the Holy Water and 2001 tours.

Classic Bad Co tracks were:

The Way I Choose

Bad Company

Deal With the Preacher

Shooting Star

Run With the Pack's title cut

Silver Blue and Gold

Burnin' Sky's title track

Like Water

Rock 'N Roll Fantasy

She Brings Me Love

Electricland

Painted Face

Like most replies here, I liked the more "popular" tunes and last year I bought the CD "10 from 6" which contains all of these tracks but unfortunately doesn't contain "Good loving gone bad".

On the subject of front men I was thinking of starting a thread on the subject i.e singers who generally did not play an instrument.

Paul Rogers would certainly be a contender - looks, presence and a great voice. Another who springs to mind is Robert Plant for the same reason.

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Sep 2 2006, 04:02 PM)
Yeah, thats a great list 1022.gif

I first got these albums on cassette when I was 10 in 1986 at a time when most 10 year olds in '86 were into what was popular on the radio or crap like Bon Jovi, Poison, Cinderella and so forth. I was pretty much a what we now call "classic rocker". On April 11, 1986, one of my sister's exes knew how big I was into Zep so he gave me the first Bad Co album and I loved it pronto. The next day I got Desolation Angels on tape thanks to my dad. A month later on May 31, I acquired Straight Shooter(the dice cover just jumped out at me) and that rocked. June 17, my mom bought me Rough Diamonds at Caldor which was in the cut-out bin but still was a killer album. August 16, I acquired Run With the Pack and loved it. Then I finished the classic Bad Co catalog with Burnin' Sky(great album but why it did not sell as well as first three remains a mystery) on September 19.

I did acquire also The Firm's Mean Business in April of '86 cos of the union of Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page. Great album but shame it didn't sell too well, I guess cos there were no Simmons drums or whatever.