Anyone for tennis?

treeduck

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 3 2006, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 03:35 AM)
Agassi lost, is out and his career is over...

fists crying.gif  fists crying.gif  fists crying.gif  eh.gif

Dammit !!!!

And Roddick barely squeaked by his 3rd round.

He's safely through to the quarters he easily beat this Becker guy...

Nadal's through too...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 5 2006, 06:13 AM)

Dammit !!!!

Nadal's through too...

Nadal's the most exciting guy to watch these days I think. But I do appreciate Federer's seemingly effortless style.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 4 2006, 06:47 PM)

Dammit !!!!

Nadal's through too...

Nadal's the most exciting guy to watch these days I think. But I do appreciate Federer's seemingly effortless style.

Yeah I agree Nadal is good to watch and he's the only serious threat to federer really, there's a gap between those two and the rest. I think Roddick can get back in the top three at least, for a while anyway especially now he has Jimmy Connors coaching him. Marcos Baghdatis looks like championship material but maybe not world number one material. I don't see anyone getting close to Federer and Nadal for the next year or so but in a couple of years maybe Murray and Gasquet can challenge. Gasquet is losing to Hewitt right now btw so it looks like it's gonna be Hewitt v Roddick. Hewiit is another former number one that I don't see recapturing his old position...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 10:05 PM)

Dammit !!!!

Nadal's through too...

Yeah I agree Nadal is good to watch and he's the only serious threat to federer really, there's a gap between those two and the rest. I think Roddick can get back in the top three at least, for a while anyway especially now he has Jimmy Connors coaching him. Marcos Baghdatis looks like championship material but maybe not world number one material. I don't see anyone getting close to Federer and Nadal for the next year or so but in a couple of years maybe Murray and Gasquet can challenge. Gasquet is losing to Hewitt right now btw so it looks like it's gonna be Hewitt v Roddick. Hewiit is another former number one that I don't see recapturing his old position...

Gasquet has come back from 2 sets down to square it with Hewitt so it's gonna go down to the wire...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2006, 10:05 PM)

Dammit !!!!

Nadal's through too...

Gasquet has come back from 2 sets down to square it with Hewitt so it's gonna go down to the wire...

Hewitt scraped through taking the 5th set so it is going to be Roddick v Hewitt...

QUOTE (Batman @ Sep 10 2006, 08:03 AM)
Anyone watch the Womens Final Last night?

Some really good Tennis I haven't watch a Tennis final in a few years and this one was pretty good.

I saw bits of it...I wanted to see more bits of Sharapova...

laugh.gif

I wonder if she screams in bed...?

cool.gif

I think it's wrong to call Genie Bouchard Canada's tennis sweetheart. She is neither sweet nor gracious. I had heard she was immature and refuses to shake hands with her opponents. I didn't know what a jerk she was until I saw some of her interviews. In some of those clips she actually reminds me of Tonya Harding. Pretty on the outside; ugly on the inside. She makes me feel embarrassed to be Canadian.

Genie is currently ranked #52. There's a reason for that. The last time I checked her social media, there were a bunch of Kardashian-style selfies and no pictures of her actually practicing her game. She is not very disciplined. It was wrong for Maria to do what she did, but it was also wrong for Genie to rub it in. Is she twelve? Dwayne Johnson has often said that to be successful you also have to be a nice person.

I think it's wrong to call Genie Bouchard Canada's tennis sweetheart. She is neither sweet nor gracious. I had heard she was immature and refuses to shake hands with her opponents. I didn't know what a jerk she was until I saw some of her interviews. In some of those clips she actually reminds me of Tonya Harding. Pretty on the outside; ugly on the inside. She makes me feel embarrassed to be Canadian.

Genie is currently ranked #52. There's a reason for that. The last time I checked her social media, there were a bunch of Kardashian-style selfies and no pictures of her actually practicing her game. She is not very disciplined. It was wrong for Maria to do what she did, but it was also wrong for Genie to rub it in. Is she twelve? Dwayne Johnson has often said that to be successful you also have to be a nice person.

I had to look up the story, as I haven't been following tennis for a while. Genie went off on Maria!

Genie Bouchard Rips Maria Sharapova, Says She Should Be Banned for Life

"She's a cheater and so to me ... I don't think a cheater in any sport should be allowed to play that sport again. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705944-genie-bouchard-rips-maria-sharapova-says-she-should-be-banned-for-life

Unbeatable number 1 tennis player Roger Federer got beat today by Scotland's Andy Murray in the Cincinatti Masters well done Andy...

(he'll probably get beat before the end of the tournament though)

Wow this is a while ago...

Unbeatable number 1 tennis player Roger Federer got beat today by Scotland's Andy Murray in the Cincinatti Masters well done Andy...

Yes, but Tennis is a great sport. Love watching it. Tried listening to it and that does not work for me. But watching it, hell yes.

Amazing to see the big 4 still playing at a high level. Roger is a bit of a surprise but not a shock. I thought he might still have something left after last year. Honestly, though I am much more shocked that Rafa is playing so well. I really thought he was done.

Yes, but Tennis is a great sport. Love watching it. Tried listening to it and that does not work for me. But watching it, hell yes.

Amazing to see the big 4 still playing at a high level. Roger is a bit of a surprise but not a shock. I thought he might still have something left after last year. Honestly, though I am much more shocked that Rafa is playing so well. I really thought he was done.

Aye The Big Four group will produce the winner again.

Epic match this morning between Muller and Nadal. Rafi dropped the first two sets, but has battled back to take it to a fifth set. Nadal was down two match points at 4-5 in the 5th and served up four straight service winners, including an ace down the T to get to 5-5.

Fantastic tennis!

Edited by goose

15-13, final set to Muller. One for the ages.

It made for quite the exciting afternoon! I'm often one to root for the underdog, so I didn't mind seeing Nadal go down all that much. Was hoping Muller would get the win after all he put into it!

Looking forward to the women's quarterfinals tomorrow as Mr. blues and I are cheering for an underdog there as well. I am dating myself now but when we were first married we lived in Colorado and used to go to NBA Denver Nuggets games. (TV Channel 4 had a regular $4.00 ticket night; I'm not kidding.) Anyway the Nuggets had a player then, Kiki Vandeweghe, that would go nuts and regularly score like 25 pts. a game. He still works for the NBA.

His niece, Coco Vandeweghe, was seeded 24th and has made it into the quarter finals. She plays tomorrow at 9:15 Eastern against someone from Slovakia,

M. Rybarikova .

Edited by blueschica

It made for quite the exciting afternoon! I'm often one to root for the underdog, so I didn't mind seeing Nadal go down all that much. Was hoping Muller would get the win after all he put into it!

Looking forward to the women's quarterfinals tomorrow as Mr. blues and I are cheering for an underdog there as well. I am dating myself now but when we were first married we lived in Colorado and used to go to NBA Denver Nuggets games. (TV Channel 4 had a regular $4.00 ticket night; I'm not kidding.) Anyway the Nuggets had a player then, Kiki Vandeweghe, that would go nuts and regularly score like 25 pts. a game. He still works for the NBA.

His niece, Coco Vandeweghe, was seeded 24th and has made it into the quarter finals. She plays tomorrow at 9:15 Eastern against someone from Slovakia,

M. Rybarikova .

I remember Kiki. Great to hear his niece is doing well at Wimbledon. I'll have to watch!
  • Like 1

M. Rybarikova .

Coco's mainly hype. She's American so I expect her to be hyped up by all the American ex-player, now commentators.

Looking at her stats, she hasn't actually done that well...besides her semi final run at the Aussie this year. Take that tourney out and her career slam record is 16-25 (not including this year's Wimbledon too).

Her Wimby record before this year was 8-6.

Her 2017 record at Premier Mandatory and Premier 5 Tourneys (the next biggest tourneys under the slams) is 3-3.

Read as: a mediocre player with some experience.

This year at Wimby she's got a few advantages:

1) The only player of consequence that she's played so far has been Wozniacki...and Woz never does well at Wimby anyway.

2) Her upcoming opponent in the Wimby quarters had an overall career (prior to this year) of 2-9. That's terrible. But great for Coco!

(Rybarikova actually beat Coco in the first round of the French this year 6-1, 6-4...but that's clay and all that).

3) Having Pat Cash as her coach helps, especially at Wimby.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

M. Rybarikova .

Coco's mainly hype. She's American so I expect her to be hyped up by all the American ex-player, now commentators.

Looking at her stats, she hasn't actually done that well...besides her semi final run at the Aussie this year. Take that tourney out and her career slam record is 16-25 (not including this year's Wimbledon too).

Her 2017 record at Premier Mandatory and Premier 5 Tourneys (the next biggest tourneys under the slams) is 3-3.

1) The only player of consequence that she's played so far has been Wozniacki...and Woz never does well at Wimby anyway.

2) Her upcoming opponent in the Wimby quarters had an overall career (prior to this year) of 2-9. That's terrible. But great for Coco!

(Rybarikova actually beat Coco in the first round of the French this year 6-1, 6-4...but that's clay and all that).

Yes, I thought it was interesting with having Pat Cash as her coach. I still think she is someone to watch as an up and comer. I haven't been able to see her match anywhere today, so far though! Looks like the long match with Nadal yesterday made them move things around, and then they put Venus on first. Now showing the No. 2 seed, Halep, instead of the No. 29 seed, Vandeweghe, go figure ! :D

M. Rybarikova .

Yes, I thought it was interesting with having Pat Cash as her coach. I still think she is someone to watch as an up and comer. I haven't been able to see her match anywhere today, so far though! Looks like the long match with Nadal yesterday made them move things around, and then they put Venus on first. Now showing the No. 2 seed, Halep, instead of the No. 29 seed, Vandeweghe, go figure ! :D

Coco was on ESPN, getting beaten.

M. Rybarikova .

:( Yeah, then I just saw that her match was suspended due to rain until sometime this evening, to finally finish it. Long dragged out thing for something I thought I would watch quickly before I ran errands this AM! Oh, well!

M. Rybarikova .

As I said...hype. I am surprised that she lost that though. And so easily too.