Your Favorite

2hi

I love up in smoke!!! cool10.gif

up in smoke was kind of ruined for me cuz my father practically recited every line and told me about every single part before it all happened throughout the entire movie, so nothing in it hit me the way it should have, but i could still tell that it was really good.

Up In Smoke is probably about the only classic stoner movie i've seen. and aside from that about the only other ones i've seen are Dude, Where's My Car? and Grandma's Boy, Dude, Where's My Car? probably being my favorite of all three. that movie is hilarious.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle ....

that ones hilarious....

i don't know if it would be considered a 'stoner' movie, but Fast Times at Ridgemont High' always cracks me up.....

Hard to say what's a stoner movie vs. what's a good movie to watch stoned. In any case, here are my choices....

- Peter Seller's THE PARTY (often overlooked)

- Friday (obvious choice)

- Slacker (slow going but definitely THE only way to watch it is this way: cool10.gif )

- Half-Baked (another obvious choice)

- Reefer Madness (of all stoner movies this is THE one to watch)

- The Big Lebowski (I loved everyone in this)

- Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (my personal favorite Depp film although Benicio Del Toro is the one to watch)

I also thought of a few more. I liked BIO-DOME with Pauly Shore. And let's not forget the movie HALF-BAKED. I will post more when I can remember the names of the other movies. cool10.gif When I started this I knew the movies but for some reason confused13.gif I couldn't remember the names. laugh.gif cool10.gif

Dazed and Confused new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Rolling Kansas cool10.gif

Fast Times 1287.gif

The Beach

..Love this line from this flick

"Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never cease to be polite, and never outstay your welcome"

words to live by yes.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 7 2006, 08:18 AM)
I don't think there was a time in 1998 when I was wasn't stoned.
My history teacher called me "Captain America" one time. I still don't get it.

Maybe it was a reference to Fonda in EASY RIDER . His character in that flick has sometimes been referred to as Captain America. That's the only drug related movie that I can think of with any connection to Cap. confused13.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Aug 6 2006, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 6 2006, 10:11 AM)
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle ....
that ones hilarious.....

What a classic that movie was! And the part in the movie with the Cheetah LOL, oh man. laugh.gif

Yep, that movie is one of my faves too! I always suggest it to people and they look at me like I'm insane.......then they watch it and realize that it really is a great flick (stoner or otherwise).

Waking Life is another good one.....check it out! 1022.gif cool10.gif

Sounds like I'll have to check out Harold and Kumar. I never got to see that one yet.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 6 2006, 07:56 PM)

Maybe it was a reference to Fonda in EASY RIDER . His character in that flick has sometimes been referred to as Captain America. That's the only drug related movie that I can think of with any connection to Cap. confused13.gif

Hmm, maybe you've solved the mystery! laugh.gif

I'm still betting it's one of those things old people say that just doesn't make sense though.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 7 2006, 02:36 PM)

I'm still betting it's one of those things old people say that just doesn't make sense though.

well, if you have blue eyes, mystery solved. if not, they partially understood the joke.

No... that's what it is all about. Fonda's bike was painted red, white and blue. He gets called Captain America in the movie. It's been a biker reference ever since. Mystery is solved. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2006, 02:41 PM)
Anyone remember the afterschool special "Stoned" starring Scott Baio?  That thing is hilarious! yes.gif

Did you know that Scott Baio from the Stoned era is playing me in the Jawk Jaw movie?

Wa Wa Wa!!!

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 7 2006, 07:41 PM)

No... that's what it is all about. Fonda's bike was painted red, white and blue. He gets called Captain America in the movie. It's been a biker reference ever since. Mystery is solved. yes.gif

Hahaha well damn!

and I always thought he was crazy. I've never seen Easy Rider.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 6 2006, 09:32 AM)
- Peter Seller's THE PARTY (often overlooked)

A classic. Rent it some time.

They got stoned in Harold and Maude.

No one has mentioned Bongwater. It features Jack Black as the cosmic grower.

Bongwater

1998-USA-Romantic Comedy/Ensemble Film

PLOT DESCRIPTION

Oregon pot dealer David (Luke Wilson) is perfectly happy with his uninspired artwork and sonambulstic slacker life. Along wih his layabout gay friends -- Tony (Andy Dick) and Robert (Jeremy Sisto) -- David seems to have no worries as long as the marijuana crop keeps coming in. But a social hitchhiker named Serena (Alicia Witt) finds her way into David's life and a relationship staggers to full blossom. As David gets more serious about his art, thanks to Serena's encouragement, Serena leaves to try out the rock 'n' roll life of New York City. David numbs his feelings for Serena with meaningless sex with her friend Mary (Brittany Murphy) and a wild mushroom-induced adventure in the woods with Jennifer (Amy Locane) and a zany drug guru Devlin (Jack Black). Meanwhile, Serena gets a brutal wakeup call about life in the big city and returns home to David. But is that the best thing for both of them? ~ Buzz McClain, All Movie Guide