You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

You make a joke when someone asks you why you would be a good president and say:

I will make everything better, we will start making airplanes out of beef.

They look at you as though you have two heads.

When you take your English III AP test and end up using Rush lyrics to back up your essay thesis.

I seriously did this. The prompt was about schools that allow advertisers into their schools and are paid to let the companies tout their propaganda to the students. There's even a closed-circuit TV station that the students are forced to watch that is deemed "educational" but is 85% commercials.

That being said, I was arguing against the use of advertising in school and quoted 'The Temples of Syrinx' ("...we've taken care of everything, the words you hear, the songs you sing, the pictures that bring pleasure to your eyes...") and also Subdivisions ("...in the high school halls, in the shoppiong malls, conform or be cast out...")

Yeah, I beter make a 9 on that essay. A 9, in case you're not familiar with the AP grading policy, is the highest grade that one can get on an essay.

Hahaha.

(:

QUOTE (kendallama @ May 20 2008, 12:45 PM)
When you take your English III AP test and end up using Rush lyrics to back up your essay thesis.

I seriously did this. The prompt was about schools that allow advertisers into their schools and are paid to let the companies tout their propaganda to the students. There's even a closed-circuit TV station that the students are forced to watch that is deemed "educational" but is 85% commercials.

That being said, I was arguing against the use of advertising in school and quoted 'The Temples of Syrinx' ("...we've taken care of everything, the words you hear, the songs you sing, the pictures that bring pleasure to your eyes...") and also Subdivisions ("...in the high school halls, in the shoppiong malls, conform or be cast out...")

Yeah, I beter make a 9 on that essay. A 9, in case you're not familiar with the AP grading policy, is the highest grade that one can get on an essay.

Hahaha.
(:

Yea I had that prompt too, the test was on my B-day, May 14 062802puke_prv.gif

I should have used Rush lyrics!

Get an awesome speaker system in your car and drive beside every other vehicle u see blasting rap and you have a volume war using Rush!

You are actually considering what color to get your external hard drive in. You were going to get Titanium, but now you see a Red and Black one.

You set your clocks to 24 hour/Military time so that you can wish on "21:12".

In lieu of using curse words, you exclaim "Oh, Geddy (freakin') Lee!"

"Crap, Alex Lifeson!" or "Way to go, Neil Peart!"

You volunteer to help clean out lockers at the end of the school year just so that you can choose your locker for the next school year. Yeah, 2112, here I come. :]

I really have no life.

I do all of the stuff that I mention. just for the record.

Edited by kendallama

You know you're a fated Rush fan when, after a few days away, the first thing you see on TV upon return is the episode of Futurama with Tom Sawyer in it. tongue.gif

You stumble across a place in England called Peart Grove (gotta love GoogleEarth), and start trying to figure out how much it would cost to move there, and what the job market's like.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 22 2008, 07:48 PM)
You stumble across a place in England called Peart Grove (gotta love GoogleEarth), and start trying to figure out how much it would cost to move there, and what the job market's like.

NOOB!!!

I already live there!!!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ May 21 2008, 05:31 PM)
Get an awesome speaker system in your car and drive beside every other vehicle u see blasting rap and you have a volume war using Rush!

Or if you have connections and just put Geddy in your car with all his amps. cool.gif

QUOTE (kendallama @ May 22 2008, 02:27 AM)
You volunteer to help clean out lockers at the end of the school year just so that you can choose your locker for the next school year. Yeah, 2112, here I come. :]

and here it is:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/locker2112.jpg

You know your a 2.gif fan when you take time out of the day to hunt down locker number 2112 and take this picture.

Tortoise 1287.gif

When you have this tattooed on your left ankle:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/06-02-08_1116.jpg

. . .and. . . this on your right:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/06-02-08_1117.jpg

Better pics of these are in the Tattoo thread. These were taken with my phone.

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 2 2008, 11:37 AM)
When you have this tattooed on your left ankle:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/06-02-08_1116.jpg

. . .and. . . this on your right:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/06-02-08_1117.jpg

Better pics of these are in the Tattoo thread. These were taken with my phone.

Tortoise 1287.gif

wow trink39.gif cool.gif

Whoever you went to did a great job!

Especially on the starman! 1022.gif

While playing tennis, instead of saying Match Point, you say Moving Pictures. (same initials) The first time I did that, my Dad was like wtf? but now it's standard when we play. cool.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 5 2008, 12:01 AM)
While playing tennis, instead of saying Match Point, you say Moving Pictures. (same initials) The first time I did that, my Dad was like wtf? but now it's standard when we play.  cool.gif

laugh.gif Good stuff biggrin.gif

Two words: 2.gif i-Pod.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 18 2008, 11:38 PM)
You make a joke when someone asks you why you would be a good president and say:
I will make everything better, we will start making airplanes out of beef.
They look at you as though you have two heads.

Ok dont hate me for this but why does everyone bring up airplanes made of beef? Excuse my ignorance please.