You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

When you read a post on a MB you immediately think of a suitable Rush lyric.

I have done this twice this week. laugh.gif

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Feb 19 2011, 04:20 PM)
When you go to a bookstore and you MUST make sure all the "Guitar Gods" and "Best Bands" books include Rush in some way.

Lol, guilty!!

I was at Borders a while back and saw a bunch of "Greatest Guitarists of the Century"-type books in the clearance section. I checked each one of them, and I think almost all of them at least mentioned Lerxst. (Thankfully. Otherwise those editors would've gotten an earful (eyeful?) from me.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 19 2011, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Feb 19 2011, 04:20 PM)
When you go to a bookstore and you MUST make sure all the "Guitar Gods" and "Best Bands" books include Rush in some way.

Lol, guilty!!

I was at Borders a while back and saw a bunch of "Greatest Guitarists of the Century"-type books in the clearance section. I checked each one of them, and I think almost all of them at least mentioned Lerxst. (Thankfully. Otherwise those editors would've gotten an earful (eyeful?) from me.)

Haha! I got angry when they spelled his name wrong in one of them. Like, really? You cant just check your spelling before you publish a book? laugh.gif

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Feb 19 2011, 05:20 PM)

laugh.gif

I've done that. One of the books I saw on greatest rock guitarists had a bunch of mistakes for Alex. It said that S&A was their comeback album and featured no keyboards.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 19 2011, 05:56 PM)

laugh.gif

I've done that. One of the books I saw on greatest rock guitarists had a bunch of mistakes for Alex. It said that S&A was their comeback album and featured no keyboards.

... when you get angry because people can't get their facts straight about your favorite band! laugh.gif

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 19 2011, 06:56 PM)

laugh.gif

I read that! We must've looked at the same book.

I was like, "What?! No way! I swear I heard keys on that album!" (I don't listen to S&A very often.) But then I read the "comeback album" mistake and went, "Oh.. Must be talking about VT."

To be honest, though, they've probably made similar mistakes about a lot of bands.

We're just such big fans we know what a lot of other people would probably consider minutiae.

When you insist on playing War with your RUSH Playing Cards, and after seeing the pictures so many times, you [and your mom] start giving them "proper" names. [she started referring to all the aces as "Pretty Boy."] laugh.gif

...When in your theme for English, your title is "If Love Remains".

But then you think of "Bravado" and have to bite your lip to keep from sobbing all over your paper.

(Okay, not sobbing.. but I got a lump in my throat! Just a powerful song.)

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Mar 5 2011, 08:40 PM)
When you insist on playing War with your RUSH Playing Cards, and after seeing the pictures so many times, you [and your mom] start giving them "proper" names. [she started referring to all the aces as "Pretty Boy."] laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

You know you're a 2.gif fan if...

You frequently get stared at for singing too loudly. Rush, of course.

You have to keep your hands in your pocket when listening to Rush in public on your iPod so you don't air drum and guitar and embarrass yourself.

When you frequently reference Rush in school reports.

When your posts per day on TRF is above 15, even after a month of not being able to post.

Going to a Rush concert is equivalent to a religious pilgrimage.

You wear a Rush t-shirt whenever possible so everyone can see you like Rush.

When you get mad when people DON'T comment on said shirt.

When reading a book about the Holocaust, you show your English teacher the lyrics to Red Sector A.

When you have three or more Rush posters in your room.

When you read George Orwell's 1984, you can't help but sing songs off GUP.

A discussion about New York always makes you sing The Camera Eye.

Rush is your go-to pick-me-up music.

You take a Greek mythology class and get mad when you realize Dionysus isn't really the God of love and Apollo really isn't the God of wisdom.

You've ever left school early to go to a Rush concert.

Your personal philosophy is based off of Rush.

You're really concerned about our world being taken over by the Priest from the Temples of Syrinx.

You can resist anything but temptation.

You've converted anyone to be a Rush fan.

You start humming a song and your friends immediately assume it's Rush.

Rap 'music' makes you vomit. (Except for RTB, of course)

Current music in general make you really sad. As in, you're sorry for the idiots who listen to it instead of Rush.

The world didn't exist before 1974.

The world won't end in 2012, Rush won't have retired. tongue.gif

applaudit.gif

Nice list cool.gif

... You feel that something is wrong is wrong with your day but you can't quite put your finger on it... of course! No Rush today. Which results in immediately fixing the situation.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ May 20 2011, 09:22 PM)
You know you're a 2.gif fan if...

You have to keep your hands in your pocket when listening to Rush in public on your iPod so you don't air drum and guitar and embarrass yourself.

When you frequently reference Rush in school reports.

Going to a Rush concert is equivalent to a religious pilgrimage.

You wear a Rush t-shirt whenever possible so everyone can see you like Rush.

When you get mad when people DON'T comment on said shirt.

When reading a book about the Holocaust, you show your English teacher the lyrics to Red Sector A.

When you have three or more Rush posters in your room.

A discussion about New York always makes you sing The Camera Eye.

Rush is your go-to pick-me-up music.

Your personal philosophy is based off of Rush.

You've converted anyone to be a Rush fan.

Rap 'music' makes you vomit. (Except for RTB, of course)

Current music in general make you really sad. As in, you're sorry for the idiots who listen to it instead of Rush.

Guilty of these.

Also, you know you're a Rush fan when you laugh when a commercial features rotisserie chicken.

QUOTE (teababe27 @ May 22 2011, 08:50 PM)
Guilty of these.

Also, you know you're a Rush fan when you laugh when a commercial features rotisserie chicken.

yes.gif Or washing machines tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ May 22 2011, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (teababe27 @ May 22 2011, 08:50 PM)
Guilty of these.

yes.gif Or washing machines tongue.gif

Yes. Forgot about this.