You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

You work for a library called 2.gif more, and you graduated from a college called Pratt. laugh.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 7 2010, 05:43 PM)
You work for a library called 2.gif more, and you graduated from a college called Pratt. laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

...you realize your toaster was made by a company called AFTK (a farewell to kings).

When you refuse to help your sisters friend with whatever she's doing because she claimed that Lady gaga is better than Rush. When asked why, you say that she insulted your religion.

You also wrote her a massive letter about why Rush are the best.

You buy a pair of sunglasses from the dollar store and wear them around even if they're probably going to ruin your eyesight because they look like the pair Geddy Lee had in the 70s...

You began all your essays in English with Rush quotes.

You're on here when you're supposed to be doing some important project.

Edited by Earthshine Emmeline

when you write RUSH PRESALE TICKETS on the daily work schedule for all your co workers to see.

QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ Apr 16 2010, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 15 2010, 02:31 PM)
Your grades drop in Science because whenever your teacher mentions metals and conductors you think of "Superconductor" and start zoning out.

Whenever my socials teacher mentions Russia or Russians I zone out halfway through the word and start humming songs :S

lol same here! And today I was learning about forestry and stuff and whenever someone mentionned oaks or maples I immediately thought of Rush laugh.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 15 2010, 03:31 PM)
Your grades drop in Science because whenever your teacher mentions metals and conductors you think of "Superconductor" and start zoning out.

What about if you're doing Chemistry! tongue.gif

Today, at work (I work at a gas station) a customer was buying a jug of water. The jug of water had a special four-number code that they have to key in for purchase. When a coworker asked her what the number for the water was, another coworker responded with "one-zero-zero-one." Though I wasn't listening, I tuned in when she said the number and immediately finished the lyric, singing and everything. MLIR. tongue.gif

You see Rush sightings, no matter how loosely obscure, and take pictures of them, as shown in these recent examples...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/entrenous2112/kingstv.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/entrenous2112/2112sign.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/entrenous2112/2112gas.jpg

Yes, I'm a dork... tongue.gif

Here we go...vertigo...

1. You pick your significant other based on whether or not they like 2.gif

2. You decide that, since 2.gif is touring this summer, a family vacation really isn't that important... eyesre4.gif

3. When you meet the man who will eventually become your husband, the first thing he says is "you must be the 2.gif chick I've heard about."

4. You name your only child Alexander (because his father just won't give in and let you name him Geddy eyesre4.gif ).

5. You purchase a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass and are all excited because his signature is on the back of the headstock...even though you know it's just a print. (By the way, it really is a fantastic bass to play! GREAT neck! Nice tone! It is the nicest playing bass I've ever played!)

6. Most of the art hanging in your house is 2.gif related.

7. The vacation time that you take at work is directly related to the 2.gif concerts that you will be attending.

8. You want to take a trip to Toronto at least once before you die.

9. You start your list with "Here we go...vertigo..."

10. You think it's super sweet that you have a 2.gif emoticon to put in postings like this. biggrin.gif

And yes, these all apply to me. cool.gif

Edited by Rushchick10

QUOTE (Space Ghost @ Apr 18 2010, 08:12 AM)
You see Rush sightings, no matter how loosely obscure, and take pictures of them, as shown in these recent examples...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/entrenous2112/2112gas.jpg

Yes, I'm a dork...  tongue.gif

HA! I out-dorked you pages ago my friend. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 20 2009, 12:21 PM)
When you're at the gas station gently squeezing the pump handle so you get to $21.12 and then excitedly snap a picture and then anxiously upload it onto a Rush fan website to proudly display to other Rush fanatics. It's also about this time when you realize you're a full-on nerd not to proud to embarrass yourself at a gas station by snapping a pic of how much you paid for gas while squealing happily to yourself.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/MissElainius/2112gas-1.jpg

Recently, I was really bummed when I realized I missed my odometer reaching 2112.

..you continue to go out wearing your Vapor Trails tour t-shirt even though it now has holes in the front and back.

QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 11:35 PM)
..you continue to go out wearing your Vapor Trails tour t-shirt even though it now has holes in the front and back.

I had A Farewell to Kings shirt that I did the same thing with. I think my husband threw it away when I wasn't looking. angry.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ May 14 2010, 10:35 PM)

My S&A shirt has holes in both underarms. I continue to wear it though it is paper-thin.

How a shirt gets so worn out in almost three years of heavy use is beyond me. tongue.gif cool.gif

You know you're a Rush Fan when:

10. You named your first born Lerxst, and she a girl!

9. You ask your wife for a divorce on the grounds that she keeps singing Rush lyrics incorrectly!

8. You keep torturing your dog by making him listen to Dog Years through headphones.

7. Your red Smart has the license plate "Bachetta"!

6. You secretly love Olivia Newton John because she was in Xanadu!

5. You keep getting treated for high blood pressure due to receiving parcel labeled Rush!

4. You keep traveling to Toronto just to have a YYZ tag placed on your luggage.

3. You collected every Bruce Lee Movie, becuase you though he was related to Geddy!

2. You own more Rush Concert Shirts than underware!

and the #1 is:

You keep going on The Rush Forum even though you should be picking up the collections of turds your dog has left on your living room floor!

z7shysterical.gif

Edited by losingit2k

When you school your own father (who has seen them almost 10 times) about Cygnus X-1. (He somehow thought it was called Cygnus X-5, and tried to tell me that Cygnus wasn't real.)

When you scold your mother as if she is your child when you're watching Working Men and she says Alex is chubby. ("You call him fat one more time, and I'm sending you to your room.")

When you yell at your only male RUSH fan for mispronouncing Neil's last name.

When you hope that your last assignment in English will be reciting poetry of some sort, so you can amaze your classmates with RUSH lyrics.

When you get excited when someone asks a RUSH-related question, just so you can answer it.

When you search for things that you can relate to RUSH, and then go back to your only female RUSH fan so you can both laugh for hours.

When you take great pride in being the only kid (a girl even!) in your entire high school who wears anything RUSH.

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ May 29 2010, 07:00 PM)
When you hope that your last assignment in English will be reciting poetry of some sort, so you can amaze your classmates with RUSH lyrics.

rofl3.gif I started all my English assignments with Rush quotes and I chose the topic of my final Art project solely because I could incorporate Rush lyrics into it laugh.gif