You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 21 2010, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 10:24 AM)
You...... when you're in HMV and spot a cardboard poster advertising a prog rock offer with a picture of Geddy and Alex on it, and your sister goes and asks one of the shop assistants whether you can have a spare one. Then when they say no, you take a picture of it.

Ask them if you can have it when they're done with it - it will only get thrown away, which would be a shame.

We did ask, but they said no. sad.gif

@Lara: The HMV in Oxford Street, yesterday. Just at the end of an aisle. smile.gif

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 07:52 PM)
You...... when you're in HMV and spot a cardboard poster advertising a prog rock offer with a picture of Geddy and Alex on it, and your sister goes and asks one of the shop assistants whether you can have a spare one. Then when they say no, you take a picture of it.

Ask them if you can have it when they're done with it - it will only get thrown away, which would be a shame.

@Lara: The HMV in Oxford Street, yesterday. Just at the end of an aisle. smile.gif

What the?! ohmy.gif I was in there on Friday. It was in there that the guy asked me if I was a dyke :\

QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Feb 21 2010, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (PriestfromSyrinx @ Feb 12 2010, 01:33 PM)
When you can't resist* putting an * next to normal words that also happens to be Rush's songs name.

It is now my mission* to start doing that. laugh.gif cool.gif

It'll be tough sometimes, but I'll stick it out.*

QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Feb 21 2010, 09:42 PM)
When you can't resist* putting an * next to normal words that also happens to be Rush's songs name.

Yeah, that's a good Cygnus X-1, Book II Hemispheres* idea...I'll have to By-Tor And The Snow Dog* try that myself biggrin.gif

aw...what do you mean, I'm doing it wrong? wacko.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Feb 22 2010, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Feb 21 2010, 09:42 PM)

Yeah, that's a good Cygnus X-1, Book II Hemispheres* idea...I'll have to By-Tor And The Snow Dog* try that myself biggrin.gif

aw...what do you mean, I'm doing it wrong? wacko.gif

Lol It's all right My Digital Man* laugh.gif Half The World* probably wouldn't even catch it even if you were to send them into the Limbo*. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 07:52 PM)

sad.gif That's rediculous... they'd rather just throw it away? What a waste.. wacko.gif

....your pricing inventory at work, with ventilation fans going, and the radio barely even on, an you don't so much hear, as feel a Rush song come on, and turn it up to Red Sector A playing

...you and your co-worker start spontaneously 'singing' YYZ in the lunchroom, to the incredulity of everyone coming in

...your friends(who aren't Rush fans), know a lot about them simply from being around you

QUOTE (grooloops @ Mar 8 2010, 05:57 PM)
....your pricing inventory at work, with ventilation fans going, and the radio barely even on, an you don't so much hear, as feel a Rush song come on, and turn it up to Red Sector A playing

Wow, did that really happen? laugh.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (grooloops @ Mar 11 2010, 07:43 PM)
yeah, it was more of a really faint unrecognizable sound, and something just clicked in my brain to turn it up, happened more then once actually...and only for Rush songs

It's like an instinct, isn't it? tongue.gif trink39.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when you sit down and watch an hour of Gilmore Girls to see Geddy on it for about 10 seconds after working out what episode he appears in. smile.gif

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Mar 30 2010, 01:08 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you sit down and watch an hour of Gilmore Girls to see Geddy on it for about 10 seconds after working out what episode he appears in.  smile.gif

And his daughter! smile.gif I'm pretty proud to be a redhead considering both Nancy and Kyla share the same colour. tongue.gif

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200703/425.f.jpg

Edited by proudlyrushian