You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Dec 12 2009, 06:51 PM)
when someone says Tom Sawyer, you automatically think of the song, not the book. biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

My daughters teacher told me in our parent/teacher conference that when she asked who wrote "tom sawyer" my daughter raised her hand and said - loud and proud - RUSH!! 2funny.gif

She was crushed to come home and find out the teacher was right!

doh.gif

QUOTE (mystic @ Dec 19 2009, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Dec 12 2009, 06:51 PM)
when someone says Tom Sawyer, you automatically think of the song, not the book.  biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

My daughters teacher told me in our parent/teacher conference that when she asked who wrote "tom sawyer" my daughter raised her hand and said - loud and proud - RUSH!! 2funny.gif

She was crushed to come home and find out the teacher was right!

doh.gif

rofl3.gif That's awesome!

QUOTE (Working Man @ Dec 30 2009, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Dec 29 2009, 10:42 PM)
And I think you all know what the passcode is.  tongue.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

Holy sh*t! 2112 is the passcode for my Ipod Touch also!

iPods have passcodes? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Working Man @ Dec 29 2009, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Dec 29 2009, 10:42 PM)
And I think you all know what the passcode is.  tongue.gif  2.gif  1022.gif

Holy sh*t! 2112 is the passcode for my Ipod Touch also!

Great minds think alike. tongue.gif And yep, you can set the iPod touch to have a four number passcode to get in after you've locked it.

You know when you're a Rush fan when...

- You cried over the loss of your laptop because you weren't able to burn all of your bootlegs to disc beforehand...not because you lost the laptop.

- You play Expert Bass and Expert Vocals in Rock Band whenever Rush is involved just so you can say you're Geddy Lee.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Jan 17 2010, 04:30 AM)
Mission
The Body Electric

I guess that's meant for the other thread wink.gif

When you open the radio, hear the world ''salesman'' and instantly burst into uncontrolable laughter. rofl3.gif

When you can't resist* putting an * next to normal words that also happens to be Rush's songs name.

When you plan to watch and record the entire Opening Ceremony for Vancouver 2010 Olympics just in case Rush might be playing. wub.gif

You...... when you're in HMV and spot a cardboard poster advertising a prog rock offer with a picture of Geddy and Alex on it, and your sister goes and asks one of the shop assistants whether you can have a spare one. Then when they say no, you take a picture of it.

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 10:24 AM)
You...... when you're in HMV and spot a cardboard poster advertising a prog rock offer with a picture of Geddy and Alex on it, and your sister goes and asks one of the shop assistants whether you can have a spare one. Then when they say no, you take a picture of it.

Ask them if you can have it when they're done with it - it will only get thrown away, which would be a shame.

A few years ago in Dawsons, I saw a cardboard sign with Brian May on it (who is my sister's hero) advertising an amp. I couldn't afford the amp, but I asked someone in the shop if I could take the sign off their hands after they're finished with it, and they said yes. smile.gif

Sis loved it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Force Ten @ Feb 21 2010, 10:24 AM)

When was this?! ohmy.gif

You sell stuff just to put the money towards tickets, even though it's not been 100% confirmed they will tour...

You have erected some sort of shrine and yell at anyone who touches your Rush goodies.

Sudden interest in Canada. this proves handy though, however because your parents used to live there and were waiting for you to get interested so that they can return.