You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 26 2007, 03:33 PM)
When you quote Rush in every essay, report, or speech that you write. (that's me)

guilty as charged. as a matter of fact, when called down to the guidance office for my goals of the year i said "to put a Rush reference in every project i had and anywhere else i can manage" He was like "maybe you should consider another goal. I thought to myself "I am Geddy Lee and I will sing what ever lyrics i want" quoting the south park bit before tom sawyer. I told my friend about this accurance and he said "You are such a Rush geek" I quickly replied "You bet I am!" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Wickedgail @ Nov 29 2007, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 29 2007, 05:02 PM)

You know you're a 2.gif fan when you resent the hell out of Mr Limbaugh for sullying that good name.

(Oops...Was that too political? laugh.gif )

Bur he redeems himself by using 2.gif a bumper music on his show and many years ago he told a caller he knew who the band was and liked them cool.gif !!!!! Afterall he is the excellence in broadcasting man just like our 2.gif !!!!!!!!

2.gif Limbaugh used "Sprit of Radio" by 2.gif as one of his bumper tunes today!

2.gif 1022.gif

Gail

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 5 2007, 07:18 PM)
When you quote Rush in every essay, report, or speech that you write. (that's me)

guilty as charged. as a matter of fact, when called down to the guidance office for my goals of the year i said "to put a Rush reference in every project i had and anywhere else i can manage" He was like "maybe you should consider another goal. I thought to myself "I am Geddy Lee and I will sing what ever lyrics i want" quoting the south park bit before tom sawyer. I told my friend about this accurance and he said "You are such a Rush geek" I quickly replied "You bet I am!" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, I do that a lot ... it's more of allusions than references, though, but whatever. I did it last year too.

You know the lyrics to every Rush song written and can recite them to someone on the spot.

You should be in bed, asleep, but instead you're posting on TRF

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Dec 13 2007, 04:12 AM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Dec 5 2007, 07:18 PM)

Yeah, I do that a lot ... it's more of allusions than references, though, but whatever. I did it last year too.

You know the lyrics to every Rush song written and can recite them to someone on the spot.

You should be in bed, asleep, but instead you're posting on TRF

I do the essay thing. Sometimes it stands out like a sore thumb but it stays in anyway and as none of my teachers have any taste in music whatsoever, it usually goes unnoticed or at the very least a red line through it and a question mark at the end of the sentence.

And I think the other two you mentioned go with saying. My parents are in Chester all night so I plan on staying up while 4am and checking the site whenever I have a minute... cool.gif

When there's a thread on another forum you're viewing that is titled "I *heart* my Neti Pot" and you keep catching it out of the corner of your eye and thinking it says "I *heart* my Neil Peart."

. . .when you get nearly as excited with your 1221st post as you would with your 2112th post.

Tortoise 1287.gif

Hey a little dyslexia never hurt anyone

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jan 3 2008, 06:29 PM)
. . .when you get nearly as excited with your 1221st post as you would with your 2112th post.

Tortoise 1287.gif

Hey a little dyslexia never hurt anyone

z7shysterical.gif Good Job biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jan 16 2008, 04:17 AM)
QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jan 8 2008, 02:25 AM)
...you see 21's and 12's everywhere...

I'm with ya there.. Dec 21st was a particularly exciting day!

laugh.gif

Yesterday there was some random programme on TV while I was practising bass about overweight people or something. This guy was getting weighed and the scales flashed up 21.12 and the nurse read off "Twenty one twelve" it made me jump haha.

when all the people you know - including your 8yr old child - can break into anything of yours that has a password or number combination......because they are ALL set to 2112!!

yes.gif 2funny.gif rofl3.gif

(This is only funny till you find your child watching XXX at 2am after breaking the parental code on the TV)

doh.gif sad.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif smash.gif rage.gif

Did anyone else find the irony in the score of the Patriot/chargers game on Sunday??? 12 to 21 ohmy.gif z7shysterical.gif

13. You line-up for tickets at least 12 hours before Rush tickets go on

sale

AH....try 4 days before tickets went on sale! We camped in the parking lot of Famous Barr for 4 staight days just to get a line ticket at 8 am to get in the ticket sale line at NOON!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

YKYAARF when:

01) You do YKYAARF-type threads

02) You name your pets Geddy, Alex and/or Neil

03) Read Dear Theo

04) Read Dos Passos, Steinbeck,et al

05) Become a Libertarian...a left-leaning Libertarian

06) You're religious but become an A-theist

07) 2112 and 1001 are just one number lower

08) You know 1001001 means I

09) You have to inform people that when you talk about Rush, you preface by saying the band

10) When you can quote the Bible and Rush:

Wheels within wheels

In a spiral array

A pattern so grand

And complex

Time after time

We lose sight of the way

Our causes cant see

Their effects

http://scripturetext.com/ezekiel/1-16.htm

The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto a beryl: and they four had one likeness; and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel within a wheel.

At 9am this morning you were sat in English Literature falling asleep while your teacher preached about how Shakespeare portrays Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing or something then suddenly she says "Let's get RIGHT TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER" and you wake up with a jump that makes everyone in the class stare at you for a few seconds. laugh.gif

Well, I guess I'll toss one in there as well!

When you play air instruments to Rush and someone says "You don't look cool", you say "I'm a Rush fan, this is my duty!"

Or at least try not to kill them when they make fun of the boys z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif

For the person who mentioned using "Beneath, Between, and Behind" to memorize prepositions or whatever...I have done that!

I think I am high-or maybe it's just a "surge of energy, spark of inspiration"! Yeah!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Dang, I forgot having to say "the band" after Rush! Most Rush-unoriented folks I know think I listen to that guy on the radio....NEVER!!! As I heard from Rush Radio, "Uhh, not that Rush, 'cause this Rush don't diss Canada." Still high or maybe it's the fact that "The Camera Eye" is playing.......yes, let's go with that!