You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Oct 18 2007, 10:06 PM)
You're in a doctors waiting room and you strike up a conversation with this person and he turns out to be a Capitol Records Exec who knows 2.gif 1022.gif

Holy sh*t!!!!

HOLY SH*T!!!!!

Come on . . . no tidbits?!?!? confused13.gif

We'll never tell!!!!! dazed025.gif

We're sworn to secrecy!!! ph34r.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

When you hear even 2 seconds of Rush material referenced at other concerts*, and you go bananas...

*Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio quoted in "Grade 9" at BNL concert last year. Had to be paying attention to catch SoR.

When upon downloading a bootleg of a Tool gig... You keep replaying the introductory 10 seconds of the gig (because Adam Jones plays the main riff of Bangkok) WAY more than any other part of the concert...

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Oct 19 2007, 04:07 PM)
You're in a doctors waiting room and you strike up a conversation with this person and he turns out to be a Capitol Records Exec who knows  2.gif  1022.gif

Holy sh*t!!!!

HOLY SH*T!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

trip, I finished work early over at FOX Studios and went to Cedars-Sinai Hospital on San Vicente. I was chilling with an ice cold green Monster. This dude asked where I was a Chef because I still had my Chef pants on. Then, I said that I pride myself on my service and that hardly anywhere in Los Angeles will you get really good service. I mean people nowadays who wait on you could care less. He then mentioned a great place called Musso-Franks, Well I said, "I work with the former Chef of that place right now his name is Rafael( the owner sold the place ). This guy is so funny when I go to work I'm laughing right away. I asked what do you do and he worked with the manager of Kiss 2.gif and a bunch more. He met 2.gif in the early eighties and even mentioned Moving Pictures. Well, lately I've realized that it really is a small world and it helps to live in a rock and roll town. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Oct 20 2007, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Oct 19 2007, 04:07 PM)
You're in a doctors waiting room and you strike up a conversation with this person and he turns out to be a Capitol Records Exec who knows  2.gif  1022.gif

Holy sh*t!!!!

HOLY SH*T!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

trip, I finished work early over at FOX Studios and went to Cedars-Sinai Hospital on San Vicente. I was chilling with an ice cold green Monster. This dude asked where I was a Chef because I still had my Chef pants on. Then, I said that I pride myself on my service and that hardly anywhere in Los Angeles will you get really good service. I mean people nowadays who wait on you could care less. He then mentioned a great place called Musso-Franks, Well I said, "I work with the former Chef of that place right now his name is Rafael( the owner sold the place ). This guy is so funny when I go to work I'm laughing right away. I asked what do you do and he worked with the manager of Kiss 2.gif and a bunch more. He met 2.gif in the early eighties and even mentioned Moving Pictures. Well, lately I've realized that it really is a small world and it helps to live in a rock and roll town. 2.gif 1022.gif

Wow! What a neat story! I think I would have screamed and hit the ceiling! Thanks so much TCL!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And thanks also about caring in your trade about service. There are far too few people in food service today who truly care as you have stated. Culinary Arts is a sacred tradition which should be respected by all involved!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Thanks Bro, check this out, Today I seen my friend, the official 2.gif photograper of the Irvine and San Diego shows, at work and he said the new pictures haven't been put up on the web (Rush.com) yet because the guys can't decide which ones. I said thats because they are all so good!!! (There are over 300 pics!) He also told me another fact thats really awesome, maybe later on I'll disclose. 2.gif 1022.gif

. . .when you take time out of your day to look for locker number 2112. Turns out it's only about 30 feet away from Hare's classroom. (lucky kid)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/locker2112.jpg

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Nov 20 2007, 03:01 PM)
When you go to sleep and wake up with a Rush song playing in your head!

I do that! ohmy.gif

Actually, I do a lot of the things in this thread. I must be a 2.gif fan!

You know you're a 2.gif fan when everything from football reports to ski vacation adverts make you do a double-take and then slap your head and remind yourself that IT'S A VERY COMMON WORD ALREADY.

You know you're a 2.gif fan when you resent the hell out of Mr Limbaugh for sullying that good name.

(Oops...Was that too political? laugh.gif )

Edited by GeddysMullet

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 29 2007, 05:02 PM)

You know you're a 2.gif fan when you resent the hell out of Mr Limbaugh for sullying that good name.

(Oops...Was that too political? laugh.gif )

Bur he redeems himself by using 2.gif a bumper music on his show and many years ago he told a caller he knew who the band was and liked them cool.gif !!!!! Afterall he is the excellence in broadcasting man just like our 2.gif !!!!!!!!

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 28 2007, 08:33 PM)
You work the scoreboard at sporting events & secretly get excited anytime the score approaches 21-12.

ph34r.gif

im guilty of this, i actually did just that. I was like "Look 2112 coach" then he sat me on the bench for lossing focus of the game. He likes Rush but doesn't fit this post at all.