You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (Paragon @ Aug 20 2007, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2007, 11:51 AM)
You know you're a Rush fan when every time the announcer in the Toyota ad mentions that the car has power windows, you think how it would be nice if cars really did come with Rush albums. yes.gif

Mine did! The guy who was detailing it before they put it on the showroom floor inadvertently left his copy of "Roll the Bones" in the CD player. Imagine my joy the first time I took it out for a test drive...I turn on the stereo and "Bravado" floods the interior. We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost.

I was so sold.

New criterion: You know you're a Rush fan when the deciding factor in your purchase of an expensive car is the fact that it played the right music when you test drove it.

rofl3.gif

That is awesome.

You win! wink.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when someone says "Why does this happen?", you have to say "Because it happens. Roll the bones."

(Based on a true story)

Oh, and here's another one based on a true story:

You know you're a Rush fan when every time you go on Space Mountain, you imagine that you're on the "Rocinante".

laugh.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when you find yourself trying to substitute the word "hurry" (i.e., "There's no hurry," "I'm in a hurry," etc) to avoid having your friends take the piss.

you knwo you're a rush fan when:

1. i nthe middle of the night, your mum calls up to you <and some how you manage to hear this when normally you do not hear anything at night> and tells you that they are playing a rush song on her weird internet game thing. you rush! downstairs and even though it's tom sawyer you're happy with it.

2. whilst in school, if you happen to be watching school of rock in music, when any of the rush references are made you jump up and cheer whilst everyone thinks ur a complete nutter and your friends edge away. :-)

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 20 2007, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 19 2007, 11:20 PM)
You know you're a  2.gif Fan...
If you look like this...
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/RushFan.jpg

Tortoise 1287.gif

z7shysterical.gif

...When every time you go to the music store and check the Rush section even though you have every album... Just to see if their selection is adequate.

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many time's I've done this!!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Aug 23 2007, 07:37 PM)
2. whilst in school, if you happen to be watching school of rock in music, when any of the rush references are made you jump up and cheer whilst everyone thinks ur a complete nutter and your friends edge away. :-)

OMG I did the same thing! I was the only one in the class who new anyone besides Led Zeppelin...

Kinda sad... eh.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 1 2006, 05:16 PM)
3. You around in your rush shirt and people ask you who are rush?

I thought you were going to say that they ask, "Who is Rush?"

I wear my Led Zeppelin t-shirt once in a while, and people always ask me, "Who is Led Zeppelin?"

unsure.gif beathorse.gif

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 26 2007, 09:28 AM)
3.  You around in your rush shirt and people ask you who are rush?

I wear my Led Zeppelin t-shirt once in a while, and people always ask me, "Who is Led Zeppelin?"

unsure.gif beathorse.gif

Are you guys kidding?!? Who are these people?!? confused13.gif

You know you're a 2.gif fan when you can't listen to 2112 without getting your fist stuck in the ceiling fan!!! OUCH!!! ohmy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 26 2007, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 26 2007, 09:28 AM)
3.  You around in your rush shirt and people ask you who are rush?

unsure.gif beathorse.gif

Are you guys kidding?!? Who are these people?!? confused13.gif

You know you're a 2.gif fan when you can't listen to 2112 without getting your fist stuck in the ceiling fan!!! OUCH!!! ohmy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

I like the 2.gif fan as well z7shysterical.gif

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/RushFan.jpg

QUOTE (makehaste2112 @ Aug 26 2007, 04:43 AM)

OMG I did the same thing! I was the only one in the class who new anyone besides Led Zeppelin...

Kinda sad... eh.gif

when jack black gives the drummer kid 2112 and says neil peart is the greatest drummer ever, i jumped out of my seat and then after i wondered why he gave the kid 2112.. i love the album but i dunno, not the best drumming (personally, but ihave no idea technically so :/) and then on the chalk board he had catrgories of music, this time i was looking for rush- there it was under 'prog rock' (that time i just smiled)

HOWEVER i was dissapointed when the kid watched videos of drummers that neil wasnt there. darn oit.

ohmy.gif You watched School of Rock in music class....

When I was in music class, we didn't "watch" anything - we listened to "live" performances of Porgy & Bess....in shifts! laugh.gif

ph34r.gif And mind you, I'm not ancient or anything - we're talking around approximately 1990 or so... unsure.gif VCR's DID exist LOL laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 30 2007, 10:54 PM)

When I was in music class, we didn't "watch" anything - we listened to "live" performances of Porgy & Bess....in shifts! laugh.gif

ph34r.gif And mind you, I'm not ancient or anything - we're talking around approximately 1990 or so... unsure.gif VCR's DID exist LOL laugh.gif

When you have over 250 gb worth of their bootlegs & are continuing even as we type!!! ohmy.gif

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 30 2007, 11:06 PM)

When you have over 250 gb worth of their bootlegs & are continuing even as we type!!! ohmy.gif

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

hehe yup yup! that's me! laugh.gif

When you consider getting a paint job on your van so it will forever be known as the "Rush Mobile" 1022.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 30 2007, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 30 2007, 11:06 PM)

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

hehe yup yup! that's me! laugh.gif

When you consider getting a paint job on your van so it will forever be known as the "Rush Mobile" 1022.gif

I thought it was going to be the Mobilee Mobile?

LOL actually - it would be:

When you have 327.77 Gigabytes worth of 2.gif bootlegs & are downloading more as we type tongue.gif

When you consider getting a paint job on your van so it will forever be known as the "Rush Mobile"  1022.gif

Definitely, I was thinking of getting the Vapor Trails fireball on the sides of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/skopetski/Junk/frntleft.jpg

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 5 2007, 12:16 PM)

When you consider getting a paint job on your van so it will forever be known as the "Rush Mobile"  1022.gif

Definitely, I was thinking of getting the Vapor Trails fireball on the sides of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/skopetski/Junk/frntleft.jpg

Awesome Digi!! 1022.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/StarmanVan2.jpg

or

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/StarmanVan1.jpg

Just prototypes for now, though wink.gif

QUOTE (Paragon @ Sep 5 2007, 02:19 PM)
New TV show idea: Rush My Ride. Suggestions for mine?
http://home.comcast.net/~magiller/Chess/My_Baby.jpg

GUP album cover on the hood. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Jun 17 2007, 04:24 PM)
When the movie "Ghost Rider" came out your first thought was

"Huh? NEIL AGREED TO A MOVIE OF HIS BOOK?????"

R-B
True story ... rofl3.gif

laugh.gif That and when you think that the song should be in the movie, and thats the only reason you go!

You know your a Rush fan when you go and see movies because you think that a Rush song might be in them... Ghost Rider, Cinderella Man, ect.. smile.gif