The World Series of Pop Culture

Sark

I saw this on Vh1 and it has been somewhat entertaining. Personally I think several TRF members would SMOKE the others if a team was formed. There were some fairly obscure questions, but I didn't find some of them all that difficult. I guess it depends on what category though. For instance- they had an American Idol type category and I don't follow that at all. The grand prize is $250,000 split 3 ways for a 3 person team. Not bad for a bunch of useless trivia!

I've been watching this, and I think I could smoke the competition. I've been consistently answering questions the television contestants couldn't answer. I can watch for forty minutes at a time before getting a question wrong, and I'm seriously considering putting a team together for next season - if there is a next season.

I've even got a good name for my team: Kathleen Turner Overdrive. (A nice reference to both movies and music; I stole this name from Jack Black in "High Fidelity.")

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 28 2006, 05:36 AM)
I saw this on Vh1 and it has been somewhat entertaining. Personally I think several TRF members would SMOKE the others if a team was formed. There were some fairly obscure questions, but I didn't find some of them all that difficult. I guess it depends on what category though. For instance- they had an American Idol type category and I don't follow that at all. The grand prize is $250,000 split 3 ways for a 3 person team. Not bad for a bunch of useless trivia!

Yeah, I found myself yelling at the TV and calling them names when it was a pretty easy question (for me anyways) and they just stood there, duh! But it would depend on the catagory. I would never get any of the hip hop stuff or American Idol stuff. But my brain is full of useless information though! tongue.gif

I was thinking about starting a thread on this. I find the host's voice to be entertaining, perfect for a host. The whole show is great too, especially the names they come up w/ like Peanut Butter & Ginelli, & Velvet Rope Revolution. The semi-finals were last night and I believe it's down to The Boeghy Bunch & Almost Perfect Strangers. I might be wrong though. Anyone know when the final match is?

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jul 28 2006, 07:35 AM)
I was thinking about starting a thread on this. I find the host's voice to be entertaining, perfect for a host. The whole show is great too, especially the names they come up w/ like Peanut Butter & Ginelli, & Velvet Rope Revolution. The semi-finals were last night and I believe it's down to The Boeghy Bunch & Almost Perfect Strangers. I might be wrong though. Anyone know when the final match is?

I believe it's today! (July 29th)

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 29 2006, 03:25 AM)

Actually I found out that the finals will be tomorrow. (August 3rd)

QUOTE (Sark @ Aug 2 2006, 05:29 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 29 2006, 03:25 AM)

Actually I found out that the finals will be tomorrow. (August 3rd)

Oh good! I will be watching it. smile.gif