'King Kong' gets extended DVD treatment

Jack Aubrey

The good folks at Digital Bits are reporting:

Universal has just officially announced the release of Peter Jackson's King Kong: Deluxe Extended Edition on 11/14. There will be a 3-disc, anamorphic widescreen version (SRP $34.98) and the same 3-disc version packaged in a gift box (presumably with lots of as-yet-unrevealed swag items) for $79.98.

oh man! i loved that movie! i've just been thinking about buying it, and almost feeling bad that i haven't yet, but now i see that it's a good thing i didn't. it'll definitely be worth a little bit of wait to get this. i love extended movies.

although, maybe i should get the original anyway, cuz if the extended one is a LOT longer than the original i might not wanna sit through the entire thing every time i watch it...i duno, i'll just wait for the extended one and see how i feel lol i could always go back and get the original.

QUOTE (bytor11 @ Jul 20 2006, 02:22 PM)
Cripes, the theatrical version was much to long. Can you say snoozefest?

No, I can't. I thought it was much better then that. But if you would like the 1:30 action movies over this, you have fun with that. yes.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Jul 20 2006, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (bytor11 @ Jul 20 2006, 02:22 PM)
Cripes, the theatrical version was much to long. Can you say snoozefest?

No, I can't. I thought it was much better then that. But if you would like the 1:30 action movies over this, you have fun with that. yes.gif

OK......

I thought the movie sucked. It was way to long and Peter Jackson took the the action seqences to a ridiculous, over the top level that drew me out of the movie. The beginning and end went on much too long. That movie could have been edited down 30 minutes more for a much more enjoyable film.

Superman Returns was a great movie that was over 2:30. All the Star Wars movies were over 2 hours, not boring.

Just cause a movie is over 1:30 doesnt automatically make it good, which is what your statement implies, infers, and suggests.

Edited by bytor11

he wasn't suggesting that long movies are automatically good, he seems to be suggesting that you think long movies are automatically BAD.

but anyway, i very much disagree with your views on the movie. i mean, i'll agree that maybe some parts were drug out too long, but it sure as hell wasn't the action that was too long, the action was perfect, it was the slower scenes that maybe dragged on a little more than need be but i still loved the movie anyway. i don't even dislike the drug out stuff, i just think the movie would still be good without it but i liked it anyway.

i saw this movie for the first time last night. well, i should say that i saw large chunks of the movie in between falling asleep. i didn't fall asleep out of boredom, just tiredness. some of the action sequences were truly phenomenal. anyway, i look forward to seeing the whole thing in it's entirety. at best, i think this is a great movie. at worst, some parts were a little draggy and overall the story is a tad old-fashioned for my tastes. when i see it all, i'll be able to have a more complete opinion.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 23 2006, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 22 2006, 07:00 AM)
I haven't bought it yet because I knew something like this would come out. Great movie. Even though it was long, it didn't drag like RotK did for me.

you thought ROTK dragged? ohmy.gif

Yeah, especially near the end.