Who's got the "tramp stamp"?

GeddyRulz

I took the family to the beach a few weeks ago, and - I swear - we were the only people over 12 years-old who didn't have a tatoo! My God, everyone had one!

For young extroverted women, the trend these past few years has been to get one on your back, just above your ass. My brother-in-law calls it "the tramp stamp." Help me out here: what's the significance of getting one there? Is this meant to be some kind of artwork for your boyfriend to look at while you're having sex in "that way"? confused13.gif

So... which of you young extroverted female Rush fans have tatoos, and who has a tramp stamp?

Edited by GeddyRulz

Well, I'm not extroverted, but I've got a butterfly on my lower thigh, about three inches above my knee. I'd wanted to get one for years, long before it was suddenly the cool thing to do, but I didn't actually go through with it until about five years ago.

I did it totally for my own reasons, but I will admit I do get a kick out of people's reactions - apparently I'm not the "type" people expect to have a tattoo. Then again, everyone seems surprised to find out that Rush and Led Zep are two of my favorite bands...

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 18 2006, 07:32 PM)
I have tatts but not where you suggest.

Kind of a rude term IMO.

yes.gif

I wanted to get one there. . . but certainly not for any one to look at while having sex wacko.gif

The 6" scar I have on my back kinda prevents that area from being tattooed, so I have one on my right outer ankle and plan to get one on my left foot at some point.

2.gif 2.gif II have runes on my back that I got when I was 20 and a tat of one of my cats on my left shoulder with my daughters name beneath it. On my right shoulder I have the RUSH starman. I prefer tats to piercings anyday. But you know really only if they have some meaning other than skulls and bloody chicks with big knockers. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif 2.gif

I have two tattoos...but not the 'tramp stamp'...sorry... confused13.gif

I have a red and black nautical star on my right shoulderblade, and a small black clover on the inside of my right wrist. I got them when I was 16 and 17. My next endeavor will be the starman...I'm not sure where he's going yet!

Edited by Kid_Gloves

"skank stamp" or "bullseye" is the term that i've heard most frequently. i'm not a fan of most tattoos, but there are some beautiful, well done ones out there that are truly works of art.

i haven't personally seen any of the lower back/skank stamp ones qualify as beautiful, though. most of the time, as offensive as it may be, the women i know with them live up to the nickname. perhaps it's a variation of chris rock's "if she has a pierced tongue, she will probably suck your dick" bit

and yes, i do understand the irony of this post/my signature joker.gif as i said, i do like some tattoos

Edited by feelingwithyourskin

I have a treble cleff tattoo on my ankle, and I plan to get an archaeopteryx on my shoulder in about a year or so. smile.gif

I can't say that I've ever heard that term before, but it's rather rude. I've known a few people with tattoos there who aren't that way at all. Stereotypical, if anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/pixey/pixtat.jpg

Later on there will be a couple of small Faeries on it. I put it on my lower back because I thought it was pretty. The upper half amd the middle of my back are reserved for the rest of my Rush tattoos. For those that dont know I have RUSH and the Bunny in the top hat on my upper back.

I guess I am a Tramp. schla03.gif

Let's revive this thread. Sounds like a great idea TM.

There's some humor in it. Here in the mountains of east Tennessee we have several cultural events that bring out the "natives" so to speak. I actually saw a women with this kind of tattoo that was a bullseye target...like a dart board. I felt compelled to ask her about the inspiration for it, buuuuuuut I figured why bother

:popcorn:

Narp, is it true you have a tramp stamp of Jon Bon Jovi? Like "Young Guns 2" era? I think I read that somewhere. Probably not true 'cause it IS the Internet after all

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Narp, is it true you have a tramp stamp of Jon Bon Jovi? Like "Young Guns 2" era? I think I read that somewhere. Probably not true 'cause it IS the Internet after all

:blush:
  • Like 1

:blush:

Guilty as charged I see....do tell. They say behind every tattoo lies an incredible story

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H_f6dRm1QqU/UpYT_eAZ40I/AAAAAAAACEQ/V4C0Yt_BNWE/s1600/dog+tattoo.jpg
  • Like 2

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H_f6dRm1QqU/UpYT_eAZ40I/AAAAAAAACEQ/V4C0Yt_BNWE/s1600/dog+tattoo.jpg

I'veheard wom en call their breasts their "puppies" before, butthat is a bit too much.