Hey you.....yes....YOU!

D-13

Since there are no topics here yet........what do you guys play? I play the drums and have been playing for about 2 years....before that I hae been playing guitar for about 5 years......And I have to say Neil is my instructor! lol what about you guys?

NP.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NP.gif Since 1986.

Hey, I can play the Radio!! (stole that line from GG)

Seriously, I have been wanting to take up an instrument. I'm thinking of the drums, but I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it.

I just want to learn to play something.

What's the easiest instrument to learn/teach yourself:

Guitar

Bass

Piano

Drums

Any help would be appreciated

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 26 2004, 09:14 PM)

Seriously, I have been wanting to take up an instrument. I'm thinking of the drums, but I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it.

Guitar
Bass
Piano
Drums

I would pick up a guitar - you can get starter kits with video, etc for about $150 with an amp and electric guitar (not high quality but good to start). Someone like 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 would be a great person to ask. He is a guitar player.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 26 2004, 08:14 PM)

Guitar
Bass
Piano
Drums

Dude, there's some sick electronic kits nowadays that you can plug headphones into.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 26 2004, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 26 2004, 09:14 PM)
Hey, I can play the Radio!!  (stole that line from GG)

Seriously, I have been wanting to take up an instrument.  I'm thinking of the drums, but I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it.

Guitar
Bass
Piano
Drums

I would pick up a guitar - you can get starter kits with video, etc for about $150 with an amp and electric guitar (not high quality but good to start). Someone like 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 would be a great person to ask. He is a guitar player.

I've always wanted to play the guitar, but recently the drums seem like they would be more....FUN.

I have an acoustic Fender Malibu that was my brothers. I should probably stick with what I've got.

Thanks

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 26 2004, 09:25 PM)
I've always wanted to play the guitar, but recently the drums seem like they would be more....FUN.

I have an acoustic Fender Malibu that was my brothers. I should probably stick with what I've got.

Thanks

Go on Ebay or Musician's Friend, get yourself a practice pad (I recommend one made by Real Feel), some sticks, and a copy of 'Drums For Dummies' (everything you need to know written in plain English). Futz around with it for a few months and see where it takes you. That way if you decide that drums aren't for you, you're only out (if you're careful) for less than a hundred bucks.

Here's an Ebay link for a pad that's going for $47.99 Ebay

Here's a copy of 'Drums For Dummies' for only $16.51 (including shipping) That's a good deal. Ebay

Musician's Friend has Neil's signature sticks for 7 bucks a pair. Neil's Sticks

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Aug 26 2004, 08:23 PM)
I've pounded the skins for 16 years now.

I pound my skin, too, but don't brag about it. Geeez! common001.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

(Ok Ok Ok Ok, I'll leave you real musicians alone. I'm just jealous 'cause I washed out in my only attempt to learn music, my couple months of piano lessons.)

Ok, I can play a DVD player. Does that count? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 26 2004, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 26 2004, 09:25 PM)

I have an acoustic Fender Malibu that was my brothers.  I should probably stick with what I've got.

Thanks

Go on Ebay or Musician's Friend, get yourself a practice pad (I recommend one made by Real Feel), some sticks, and a copy of 'Drums For Dummies' (everything you need to know written in plain English). Futz around with it for a few months and see where it takes you. That way if you decide that drums aren't for you, you're only out (if you're careful) for less than a hundred bucks.

Here's an Ebay link for a pad that's going for $47.99 Ebay

Here's a copy of 'Drums For Dummies' for only $16.51 (including shipping) That's a good deal. Ebay

Musician's Friend has Neil's signature sticks for 7 bucks a pair. Neil's Sticks

Thanks Jack. I'll give it a shot.

Bass guitar for the last 4 years. I know most Rush songs (well the ones that actually have bass at least). I know quite a few Iron Maiden songs, and a few scattered other songs by other artists as well. I tend to play around a lot on my own without any other music just to see what I can make. My only problem is I dont know anyone here who I can play with sad.gif Oh well.

Gosh, started with piano at ten, branched into synths and bass guitar at fifteen, seems like forever. wacko.gif

Oh, hi everybody and good looking site, by the way! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived