Yuengling Lager

just got another few cases . friend sfrom Philly intown for wedding. :-)

been drrinking. sorry for typos.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

runnin low :-(

How does shipping work? If any of you find out how, just send me the cash and I'll send it to you as needed. It's so bizarre to me that Yuengling isn't available everywhere. It's so common here. Most weekends, bars run 50 cent Yuengling nites.

I prefer the Lager in bottles. The brewery is within an hour's drive from me. I keep meaning to go on a hike there. The surrounding area is awesome. When you're done, you take a tour of the brewery and get loaded for free. bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

hey boys!

I just took a case from my dad. he doesn't drink it too often, so I'm good for now. Turned out to be the best part of Thanksgiving.

Sunday, my dad and bro are going to my cousin's in Pittsburgh to hunt, so I'll get 2 more cases coming my way and maybe a black and tan case.

My buddy who just built a home near Allentown wants us to come out for New Years and some bowl games (his bro is the LB coach for the Detroit Lions, used to coach me at ASU, then he was at UCLA and Washington). We ARE gonna go to the brewery one of those days!!

2 cases in my posession. Is it Friday yet?

whats up boys?

I'm going to the brewery on the 30th of December!

Going to visit my buddy's outside of Allentown for new years.

I had a cool hat, lost it, hoping to get a new one.

Anyone know if they have a website?

Necro, do you know of any other entertainment in the area?

Maybe a place for dinner.

Thanks bro.

went to the brewery went down into the caves under the nountain too. It was really cool. Great tour guide (Ed), cool gift shop. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

Necro, didn't make it to the Crocodile, one of the Yuengling daughters recommended a place called 'Roma' so we went there.

I brought back 3 cases of Lager, 2 Porters, and 1 case of 22oz. "bombers" (for very special occasions like when the bolts win the NFL!)

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 2 2007, 03:11 PM)
Im going to have to go and do that tour someday. Necro - by heavier were you talking about music or nutritionally.... smile.gif

laugh.gif

Musically. they cater to the very heavy metal bunch. But when I'm there... i guess they cater to BOTH. laugh.gif

I'll be in FLA at the end of March, and I'll be drinking it down there on tap, as well as bringing a stash back for summer.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Feb 23 2007, 03:42 PM)
I'll be in FLA at the end of March, and I'll be drinking it down there on tap, as well as bringing a stash back for summer.

I still maintain my original stance, in that the Yingies from FLA is inferior to that from PA. Let me know if you can tell the difference. Wish I could go to FLA in march, probably gonna go in June, though. I've never tried their porter or anything else they make.

I think i will go crack open the 1st yingie of the day now !

Frequently Asked Questions

How is Yuengling pronounced?

Yuengling is German meaning 'Young Man'. It is pronounced "Ying-Ling'.

Why can't I find Yuengling nationwide?

The Yuengling Brewery is a regional brewer that has manufacturing plants in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL. Currently we distribute our products over a ten state area along the eastern seaboard. While there is significant interest for our products nationwide, unfortunately we do not have the manufacturing capabilities to service customers across the United States. As a result, our focus and efforts continues to be on our loyal customers and markets that are logistically feasible to our production facilities.

What are your plans for expansion?

Over the past few years Yuengling's expansion into new markets has been limited. Our future plans for expansion are based upon our production capabilities and our ability to properly introduce and service retailers and customers in any new market. Such decisions are

based on a market by market basis.

Where does the brewery distribute beer?

The brewery currently distributes its products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina & Alabama. We have been reopening markets and opening new territories to distribute Yuengling beers. Stay in touch for further market openings in your area. See our Distributor List to find your nearest source of Yuengling fine beers.

Does Yuengling ship beer anywhere?

As a United States brewer, Yuengling is only allowed to ship to our assigned distributors. Due to various State and Federal laws, we are not permitted to ship beer directly to retailers and consumers.

Can I buy stock in Yuengling?

No, Yuengling is a privately held corporation and does not offer stock to the public. Nor do we issue financial and annual reports.

When were Black & Tan, Lager, and Light introduced?

Black & Tan was originally introduced by combining our Porter and Chesterfield Ale. This was called Half and Half. Around 1986 our Brewmaster felt that 60% Porter and 40% Premium was a much better blend and started producing Black & Tan. Lager, an old recipe that we have re-introduced, was re-produced in 1987. Yuengling Light was first brewed in 1986.

What makes Yuengling Light a light beer?

Light beers are held longer in the Mash Tun during the brewing process so that the enzymes in the malt have more conversion time of the starches into fermentable sugars. This leaves fewer unfermentable sugars in the mash that would equate to more calories. The fermentable sugars are then converted to alcohol during fermentation; thus, resulting in fewer calories in the final product.

Where in Germany did the Yuengling family come from?

David G. Yuengling emigrated from Aldingen, Germany. It is a town in Wurttemberg, near Stuttgart and Ludwigsburg, Germany which is in the southwestern part of the country.

How did David G. Yuengling know how to make beer?

David G. Yuengling was making beer in his home in Germany before he came to America.

When was the bar in the brewery built?

The bar in the brewery, commonly known as the Rathskeller, was built in 1936.

How do you become a brewmaster?

To become a brewmaster you must successfully complete 10-12 weeks of very intense training as well as a 5-10 years of an apprenticeship. There are two in the United States that we are aware of: The Davis Institute in California and the Siebel Institute in Chicago, Illinois.

What does a brewmaster do?

A brewmaster is basically in charge of and oversees all of the operations of the brewery.

What did Yuengling do during Prohibition?

During Prohibition Yuengling made near-beer which was .5% alcohol, much like the non-alcoholic beers are today. The brewery also opened a dairy called the Yuengling Dairy. Here they made ice cream and other dairy products.

Why did the Yuengling Dairy close?

The Yuengling Ice Cream and Dairy Plant closed in 1981. The family that ran the dairy had different interests causing the demise of that portion of the business.

There is a Yuengling Spring House. Why is that not used for the water supply anymore?

The Yuengling Spring House is located approximately 5 blocks from the brewery. Up until the last decade this was the main supply of water for the plant. With business growing and the demand so high, the Spring House could not supply the amount of water to operate daily. Currently, Yuengling uses approximately 300,000 gallons of water per day.

What time are the tours?

Please see Tour Info for scheduled tour times.

Is there any charge for the tours?

There is no charge for the tours unless you have a group of 20 or more. In this case please call ahead for special arrangements:

- Pottsville 570-628-4890

- Tampa 813-972-8529