O...NO CANADA!!!

Serviette Onion

Well, I guess FOX Sports doesn't care about the Great White North, let alone Bud Selig.

In case you baseball fans are not aware, FOX sports has been deliberately omitting the playing of O Canada during the Opening Ceremonies of the MLB All Star Game fro awahile. And To amke Matters worse, FOX Sports has inked an extension for 7 more all star games.

I just tuned in CHML from Hamilton to listen if O Canada was broadcast.

Guess what...

NO CANADA!!!!

I am sure PLENTY of Angry Blue Jays fans, Geddy included, will call FOx Sports, MLB, and CHML, as well as the stations along the Toronto Blue Jays Radio Network Tomoroow and voice their anger!!! rage.gif

FIRE BUD SELIG NOW!!!!

Bring Back Major League baseball back to MONTREAL!!!

well, Fox baseball coverage stinks to begin with, this is just one more reason not to watch Fox baseball coverage.....

as to baseball back to Montreal....you've got a better shot of seeing the Nordiques back in Quebec than the Expos (or any other team or expansion team) back in Montreal...it's a pity, some great players were part of that organization over the years (one of my all time favorites Andre Dawson included), and if the strike had not occured in 1994, the Expos win the division (and we wouldn't have had to hear about how great the Braves' streak was), and probably don't get to the point of futility the team did before MLB had to step in and buy the team.....what could have been

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 12 2006, 02:36 PM)
It's a shame that Canada was dissed but forget about Montreal getting a team again. Weren't they drawing about three thousand fans a game?

more like 6,000...somewhat simmilar to what Kansas City, Pittsbutrgh and other notoriously bad teams draw per game. Does that mean they should lose their teams as well?

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 12 2006, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 12 2006, 02:36 PM)
It's a shame that Canada was dissed but forget about Montreal getting a team again.  Weren't they drawing about three thousand fans a game?

more like 6,000...somewhat simmilar to what Kansas City, Pittsbutrgh and other notoriously bad teams draw per game. Does that mean they should lose their teams as well?

Are you sure that KC and Pittsburgh have attendance that low?

Montreal lost their team solely because of ownership that did everything to destroy the team's value in the city to allow a franchise shift. Montreal was known as a terrific baseball city for years and was the first to celebrate Jackie Robinson as a hero before he was signed by the Dodgers. The Expos outdrew most teams in the early 80s and had good attendance even in the early 90s (see the powerhouse 1994 team). by the mid-to-late 90s the team didn't even broadcast games in English in their own town, one of myriad tactics to intentionally alienate their fans. That saga was a disgrace.

Mainstream sportswriters (i.e. talentless lazy hacks) love to use a throw-off line like "Montreal didn't support the Expos, which is why they left" without looking at the reasons for lack of "support" over the final years. A quality ownership group would have won a World Series with that team and kept them in town.

I won't equally bore you with the lameness that was the Quebec Nordiques moving out of town...(although i can definitely envision the NHL returning to QC).

QUOTE (MadAboutXenu @ Jul 20 2006, 09:34 AM)
Montreal lost their team solely because of ownership that did everything to destroy the team's value in the city to allow a franchise shift. Montreal was known as a terrific baseball city for years and was the first to celebrate Jackie Robinson as a hero before he was signed by the Dodgers. The Expos outdrew most teams in the early 80s and had good attendance even in the early 90s (see the powerhouse 1994 team). by the mid-to-late 90s the team didn't even broadcast games in English in their own town, one of myriad tactics to intentionally alienate their fans. That saga was a disgrace.

Mainstream sportswriters (i.e. talentless lazy hacks) love to use a throw-off line like "Montreal didn't support the Expos, which is why they left" without looking at the reasons for lack of "support" over the final years. A quality ownership group would have won a World Series with that team and kept them in town.

I won't equally bore you with the lameness that was the Quebec Nordiques moving out of town...(although i can definitely envision the NHL returning to QC).

I didn't realize the ownership problem. You just can't trust the news too much these days. I can see the Montreal fans' views on this. Why support the team if the OWNERSHIP doesn't give a damn. Too bad.

Archived