'The Venture Brothers'

Jack Aubrey

There's a new 'VB' ep is now up at Adult Swim and it's HILARIOUS! This one's easily the funniest of the season so far!

"Let me tell you a little story about a guy named Speedy."

"If you had a reality show I'd watch it. If he had a reality show I'd watch it twice!"

"I've got the dart monkey on me back!"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Venture Bros.' Comic-Con Panel is now up at the [AS] website for your viewing pleasure! Click (you know you want to)!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 8 2008, 08:10 PM)
"I don't know what you're talking about and I don't care... you take this hot wad of cash and do what you got to do... don't you dare ask me what I did to get those hundred dollar bills!" z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

"They TP'ed your corporeal form!"

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 8 2008, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 8 2008, 08:10 PM)
"I don't know what you're talking about and I don't care... you take this hot wad of cash and do what you got to do... don't you dare ask me what I did to get those hundred dollar bills!"  z7shysterical.gif

"They TP'ed your corporeal form!"

Yeah. That was hilarious.

The Venture Brothers is definately my favorite television show. Brilliant and consistent writing and great characters.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 15 2008, 08:43 PM)
J U I C E

z7shysterical.gif

"Colombian necktie."

"This is why I'm anti-moppet! Right here!"

"You won't like looking for the keys!"

"Who taught you how to be a spy?! F*cking Gallager?!"

"Put down my wife's freaks and face me, Samson!"

This show is comedy gold!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Poor Number 24! sad.gif

So, do you folks think he's really dead? Am I jumping the gun with the sig pic tribute?

Yay! Love for the Venture Brothers.

I've been a fan since the first episode. I love love love Dr. Venture and Brock Samson!

Season 1 was absolutely awesome

Season 2 was good but dragged some.

Season 3 just lost me, it seemed all over the place.

Can't wait to see what Jackson Publick has up his sleeve for Season 4.

GO TEAM VENTURE!

Looks like Ol' Jack is stopping by Best Buy on Tuesday! I think I'll channel dead crazy people for a while just to annoy my wife. Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Sark @ Mar 23 2009, 08:28 AM)
The Monarch Rules!

That is, except for his insane love for Dr. Girlfriend laugh.gif

That's Dr. the Mrs. Monarch!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 23 2009, 08:48 AM)
The Monarch Rules!

Ah yes, they were married. I haven't seen any of season 3 yet. It's available on dvd now yes?

QUOTE (Sark @ Mar 24 2009, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 23 2009, 08:48 AM)
The Monarch Rules!

Ah yes, they were married. I haven't seen any of season 3 yet. It's available on dvd now yes?

Yes indeed!

Jackson Publick has posted some info and pics on his LiveJournal. I'm shamelessly stealing the VB related stuff.

First, the pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0005qebg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0005gez4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0005fpw7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/0005rxw8.jpg

And now the salient info:

Doc and I are both writing scripts for the "second half" of season 4, which will begin production later this summer (once we have enough scripts to guarantee we won't fall behind again). We even finally caved in to Hollywood style writer's room protocol and purchased a giant Dry-Erase "Big Board" for the Astrobase, upon which we work out our ideas and storylines for many episodes to come. It's already paid for itself in Post-Its savings alone. Personally, I'm still kind of finding my feet in that phase of writing where I have a dozen ideas for halves of episodes and am still trying to figure out which pieces fit together best to form a coherent story with an A and a B plot (and sometimes, it's been noted, C, D and E plots). For this, the Big Board is indispensible. We have some pretty f-ed up stuff in store for these poor Venture bastards, that much I can tell you.

Doc and I (mostly Doc, of course) are currently editing the first episode of The Venture Bros. Season 4.1. "Handsome Ransom" is our fortieth episode (not including the pilot and the Christmas special), features the voice of Kevin Conroy, and for continuity purposes will probably air at least second or third. J.G. Thirlwell has already provided us with the music, and we'll be handing it over to the sound engineer in a couple of weeks--after Doc's had time to work some Final Cut and After Effects magic on it.

A few random, working titles for upcoming episodes: "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel," "The Revenge Society," and "Perchance to Dean" (and yes... I've been wanting to use that last one for years)

So far we've received four "first take" rough cuts back from Korea, and a new one arrives every two weeks...so the hits keep coming. They're looking really good so far. Even though it still takes a couple of days of repeat, frame-by-frame viewings to catch all the mistakes and type up a retakes list, the quality on the whole is very high--higher even than last season which, for my money (or adultswim's to be exact) is pretty damn good. This is the first time we haven't made some huge stylistic change from one season to the next, so we and the overseas studio were able to build on all of the solid groundwork we laid in season 3. Of course we couldn't resist making some minor stylistic tweaks, so we took a new approach to the inking style of the characters, who are looking more satisfactorily (and consistently) comic book-y than ever now, to my delight.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 3 2009, 06:50 PM)
In a lot of ways, I feel like a kid - I can't wait for season 4.

I know what you mean. The seasons take soooo long to get here and when they eventually do they're over before you know it!

Oh, P. S. :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/cassette2-1.jpg

laugh.gif