'The Venture Brothers'

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 2 2008, 10:33 AM)
OH MY GOD! I caught about 10 minutes of this show last night! It was enough to hook me! It was hilarious! icon_really_happy_guy.gif I have a lot of catching up to do! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Glad you liked the show. Go get the DVDs, you won't regret it!

Count me in as a VB lover. I'm particularly fond of The Monarch, Dr. Orpheus, and, of course, Brock. Not to mention Dr. Girlfriend, Molotov Cocktease, Triana, etc. I've got seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, and they get a lot of play between the wife and I.

One of my favorite episodes is the take off on the Fantastic Four. Great spoof. And almost all of season two is golden.

When does season 3 start?

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 4 2008, 11:24 AM)
Count me in as a VB lover. I'm particularly fond of The Monarch, Dr. Orpheus, and, of course, Brock. Not to mention Dr. Girlfriend, Molotov Cocktease, Triana, etc. I've got seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, and they get a lot of play between the wife and I.

One of my favorite episodes is the take off on the Fantastic Four. Great spoof. And almost all of season two is golden.

When does season 3 start?

It started Sunday night.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 23 2008, 10:07 AM)
This show is so funny!  It's better than The Tick, IMO.

My wife heard me raving about it and went out and bought me the DVD's for Father's Day.  Great show.

It's funny you should say that because both Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick used to write for 'The Tick'.

Edit: I'm glad you got the DVDs! Outstanding!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Last night's ep was definitely the funniest of the season so far!

The Monarch: "Who's Number 24?"

Number 21: "You can't be serious! OK, you know how there's usually somebody else with me?"

The Monarch: "Oh, the guy who sounds like Ray Romano?" laugh.gif

Dr. Girlfriend: "Who the Hell is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis?" laugh.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

"Greetings, Pumpkin, I am at Mr. Venture's lab to right that which is wrong and to repair the torn curtain of time itself!! There are four puddings in the fridge. You may enjoy the contents of one of them. Dinner at six."

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 25 2008, 07:09 PM)
"Greetings, Pumpkin, I am at Mr. Venture's lab to right that which is wrong and to repair the torn curtain of time itself!! There are four puddings in the fridge. You may enjoy the contents of one of them. Dinner at six."

z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

My favorite Dr. O line: "And if I reached into your ear it would not be a quarter that I pluck out but your VERY SOUL!"

ohmy.gif Was that really Brock's son?!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 2 2008, 11:49 AM)
ohmy.gif Was that really Brock's son?!

I saw that coming a mile away! The man is a legend in that department! We just have to wait and find out!

I recently discovered this show and I am impressed with how tight the story arcs are! It seems like EVERYTHING has a pay off! And it's side splittingly funny!

Dean: What?! Where did you...?

Hank: 'CSI'.

laugh.gif

Okay, I caught on to this show late in the game, but I just finished watching the first two seasons on DVD and have caught most of the current season. My judgement may be a bit clouded because I'm so into the show right now, but I think it's one of the best written shows on television, it's definately the best written animated show. Almost every joke works and is essential to the plot and/or characters. And if a joke "crosses the line" it's quickly remedied by the next joke. The story arcs are as close to perfect as any show I have watched because they're very consistent and thought out. The writers plant something in the 2nd show and you shake you head, but by the 10th show it's explained and usually in a hilarious way. Yes, it's the best show on television, IMO.

GO TEAM VENTURE! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just watched the latest episode, which is available at Adult Swim.com. There's lots to love in this one. References to 'The Shining', 'Alien', The Art Of Noise, Bowies' 'Ashes To Ashes', a semi-obscure Marvel Comics superhero, and 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome'. Oh, and we learn why Jefferson Twilight has a red eye and what it's for. He also has an accident. FYI, The Alchemist doesn't like rough trade. laugh.gif Edited by Jack Aubrey

Brock and Rusty's phone conversation had me in stitches! laugh.gif

And of course, they reference on of the creepiest shots from The Shining! laugh.gif

"Oh, did you sculpt him yourself?" z7shysterical.gif

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 12 2008, 03:04 PM)
Brock and Rusty's phone conversation had me in stitches!  laugh.gif

And of course, they reference on of the creepiest shots from The Shining!  laugh.gif

"Oh, did you sculpt him yourself?"  z7shysterical.gif

"You wanna be Spock with a bald spot? I'll trade ya!" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Just caught the latest ep, available at Adult Swim's site. A few thoughts:

Dr. Dugong will not be saying "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto."

I wonder if sticking a lighter up your butt really is a good countermeasure against alien rectal probes?

[ExtremeSarcasm]Yeah, it must really suck to be Brock.[/ExtremeSarcasm]

Helper sucks at beatboxing.

If that is Brock's son, the apple has fallen very far from the tree.

Kevin and Tim-Tom just keep getting creepier.

There can be only one!

Damn, Monarch, that looks painful!

OMG, I love this show too..Last week's was partuicularly funny...

The one line that struck a chord with me was

"Hey, wasn't that guy in the Buggles??"

z7shysterical.gif

Too freakin' funny, man!!

Edited by PanaceaFish

I love The Venture Bros., but I must admit, this season isn't measuring up to the last two. These episodes thusfar have their moments, but it seems the two writers are focused more on story and character development and losing some of the brilliant humor the first two seasons had. Are they taking themselves too seriously? The latest episode was really good though--where the Monarch kills the Manatee guy.

I watched an episode last weekend and damn near pissed my shorts!