Ghost Rider

The_Enemy_Within

I was never really into reading that much. It bored me. After listening to Rush, and learning that Neil Peart wrote books, it urged me to read them. So, a few days ago my mom, grandma, sister and I were all in the mall, and I asked if I could stop into Borders Book Store. They were confused, but they let me go. They didn't have Ghost Rider in the store, so we asked someone who worked there if they could order it. The book was ordered, and I should be getting it any day now. I asked my grandma, "So, ever think you find me.. in a BOOK STORE?" She laughed and said, "No, never!" That just shows what great of an influence Rush has had on me. Someday, I'd like to thank Neil Peart for this. Who knows, maybe I'll really get into reading now? smile.gif Edited by The_Enemy_Within

I think reading is awesome, and everyone should read. When I think of all it's given me over the years, I feel I should be volunteering and/or contributing somehow to Project Literacy - to give something back. I can't imagine being an adult and not reading, or not even knowing how to read! Literacy is so important.

As for your story about Neil Peart inspiring you to read, I recall something similar in my own life. I was the Assistant Manager of a bookstore, and a woman came in at Christmastime looking for Ayn Rand's "Anthem." I found the book for her, and couldn't resist mentioning to her its connection to Rush. She then told me the book was a gift for her teenage son, who'd asked for it on his Christmas list. Mom explained that junior had been reading a lot more books - and deeper books - since discovering Rush music. The mother had no complaints, and was happy her son was reading. She owed Neil Peart a thank you, if you ask me.

"It's more than just music. They teach... they teach us..." said the Brazilian girl in the RiR documentary. She's right.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 10 2006, 05:25 AM)
I think reading is awesome, and everyone should read. When I think of all it's given me over the years, I feel I should be volunteering and/or contributing somehow to Project Literacy - to give something back. I can't imagine being an adult and not reading, or not even knowing how to read! Literacy is so important.

As for your story about Neil Peart inspiring you to read, I recall something similar in my own life. I was the Assistant Manager of a bookstore, and a woman came in at Christmastime looking for Ayn Rand's "Anthem." I found the book for her, and couldn't resist mentioning to her its connection to Rush. She then told me the book was a gift for her teenage son, who'd asked for it on his Christmas list. Mom explained that junior had been reading a lot more books - and deeper books - since discovering Rush music. The mother had no complaints, and was happy her son was reading. She owed Neil Peart a thank you, if you ask me.

"It's more than just music. They teach... they teach us..." said the Brazilian girl in the RiR documentary. She's right.

Awesome story. And yes, that woman was right.. They do teach us.. a lot. yes.gif

I read Anthem for the reason of 2112, Animal Farm because of my intrest in communism in Ayn Rand's work and some of Rush's work, and I am going to read a book by Nietzche now because it inspired Cygnus X-1 Book 2: Hemisphere's. I have been a pretty big reader but ever since I first got into Rush like two years ago, I have been reading more and more complex works.

I'm currently halfway through The Fountainhead, and this is one of the best books I've ever read. I gotta thank Neil, and Rush, for the inspiration they've given me!!

Enemy Within- You are in for a good treat with Ghost Rider!!

i tried to read the fountainhead when i was in sixth grade and didn't really get it lol and didn't even get all the way through it, but there was just some weird element about it that i really enjoyed. i bet i'd appreciate it a lot more if i tried to read it again. i'm gonna make it a priority to read some of ayn rand's stuff soon, starting with Anthem, and then probably moving on to the fountainhead and then maybe Atlas Shrugged if i like Anthem and the Fountainhead.

Ive always felt like reading Ghost Rider, but I havnt got around to buying it yet.

Ive always loved to read. I remember I was reading small chapter books (100+ pages) in grade 1, then I picked up HP in grade two. I think the classics like Tom Sawyer (Rush inspired me to read it) and listening to Rush has made me a bit smarter.

I am interested in reading Anthem, and Ghost Rider.

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 12 2006, 06:59 PM)
I got my book yesterday, just started reading it today. I am on chapter 2.. and I looove it so far!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

You will love every part of it! Be prepared for lots of Neil's emotions to come out; that's actually what I loved so much about it...is the fact that it was so personal.

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 12 2006, 08:59 PM)
I got my book yesterday, just started reading it today. I am on chapter 2.. and I looove it so far!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif

hope you enjoy the rest. I know I loved reading it....and because of it have a long list of books that I need to start reading

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 13 2006, 10:59 AM)

I have to get that book as well TEW, glad to hear that Neil has inspired you to read more.

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 12 2006, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 12 2006, 06:59 PM)
I got my book yesterday, just started reading it today. I am on chapter 2.. and I looove it so far!!!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  wub.gif

You will love every part of it! Be prepared for lots of Neil's emotions to come out; that's actually what I loved so much about it...is the fact that it was so personal.

Glad you are enjoying it. As much as I love Rush it took me a couple of tries to really get hooked on it. It was just so raw and open and I kept flashing back to havng seen the T4E tour and what joy the band brought to all the fans there. Then this happens to Neil... sad.gif

Its a real tribute to Neil personally and the human race in general what we can endure and come out the other side