Ever walk out of a movie?

Slime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with a bunch of friends seeing footloose and it was so bad i wanted to get up and leave, but couldn't, so i did the next best thing, i leaned back and just fell asleep and woke up at the end... Worst movie i ever slept through in my life!!

Actually, i was woke up one time for snoring schla03.gif

Almost every movie I've started to watch on an airplane, if I don't fall asleep in the middle of it, I usually shut the damn thing off partway through.

If it's really bad sometimes I debate cracking a shade on one of the windows that would get the flight attendants going tongue.gif

I've never actually walked out of a movie, but me and some friends ALMOST walk out of Silent Hill - which was a huge dissapointment, since we are all HUGE fans of the video game series. The first 30 min or so was cool, but after THAT...I dunno. It just got bad. That was our topic of discussion for that whole following week, lol. Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 5 2006, 11:24 AM)
I hear ya' 1. Batman and Robin SUCKED. When he pulled out the Bat Credit Card I was getting up to leave, but the ex-wife told me to calm down and that the kids weren't anal Batman junkies like me and were still enjoying it. I calmed down and finished the movie. But I pledged that I would someday beat the ever lovin' CRAP out of Joel Screwmacher. yes.gif

But the one movie we DID walk out of was Disney's FANTASIA. Even the kids couldn't get into it. laugh.gif

Damn, I'm a teenager and I LOVE Fantasia. One of my favorite films. I used to love classical music, believe it or not. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, etc.

I've never walked out of a movie, but my parents almost walked out of the 1st Pirates Of The Carribean movie.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jul 29 2006, 05:47 PM)

But the one movie we DID walk out of was Disney's FANTASIA. Even the kids couldn't get into it. laugh.gif [/quote]
Damn, I'm a teenager and I LOVE Fantasia. One of my favorite films. I used to love classical music, believe it or not. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, etc.

Fantasia is wonderful!

And Fantasia 2000 although lacks some of the magic of original has some truely great moments. I recommend seeing this if you loved the first.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 29 2006, 09:02 PM)

But the one movie we DID walk out of was Disney's FANTASIA. Even the kids couldn't get into it. laugh.gif

[/quote]
Fantasia is wonderful!
And Fantasia 2000 although lacks some of the magic of original has some truely great moments. I recommend seeing this if you loved the first.

I have both on VHS. I obviously prefer the original, but 2000 is good as well. I agree it's not as good as the original, it lacks in some areas. Some scenes I think I skip on that one.

My favorite scene on the original is the Rite Of Spring sequence with the dinosaurs. That's fantastic! I heard it was made sometime in the 1940's?

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jul 30 2006, 01:49 PM)

Fantasia is wonderful!
And Fantasia 2000 although lacks some of the magic of original has some truely great moments. I recommend seeing this if you loved the first. [/quote]
I have both on VHS. I obviously prefer the original, but 2000 is good as well. I agree it's not as good as the original, it lacks in some areas. Some scenes I think I skip on that one.

My favorite scene on the original is the Rite Of Spring sequence with the dinosaurs. That's fantastic! I heard it was made sometime in the 1940's?

Yes original was released in 1940.

"At the time of it's original release, Fantasia was intented to be a perpetual touring concert presentation,with new selections regularly replacing existing segments,over years of continual release."

"Sadly,that idea never came to fruition"

quote from Roy Disney.

OK THATS ENOUGH HIJACKING!!

tongue.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jul 13 2006, 03:48 PM)
Testament - a post nuke war where everyone started dying from the fallout one at a time - Most depressing movie ever made IMO

I remember seeing a animated British movie similar of what you describe. About a senior couple who survive and later succumb to the effects of nuclear fallout. Very depressing. sad.gif

I don't go to the theater much, and I always stay through the whole thing because my parents or I paid money to see it... Plus you gotta finish the popcorn wink.gif

The two worst movies I've ever seen, though, are Sideways (062802puke_prv.gif) and Ice Harvest (new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif). I absolutely HATED Sideways because it was cracked up to be one of the greatest movies and it was actually NOMINATED for Best Picture by the Artsy-Fartsy Movie Council, err, I mean the Academy. Ice Harvest was only slightly less puke worthy, as it had about 3 okay spots. Sideways had about 30 seconds that were entertaining.

I could rant for HOURS about how bad Sideways was, but I'm in a good mood today.

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

I didn't like Sideways much, either. I think you have to be a wine connoisseur to appreciate it.

Fortunately, it was a rental.

I wouldn't walk INTO snakes flying a plane or what ever it is called.

pssst guess where I am? Yes that's right I'm in a cinema (movie theatre to you north amricans) with my laptop and I'm going to walk out of this film(movie) on purpose just so I can say I've done it in this thead...

Ok here i go I'm up...I'm walking out, i'm walking right out...

Hurray there i did it...now I'll get some popcorn for the ride home...

wink.gif