Ever walk out of a movie?

Slime

Good choices, gang. Pick-Up Artist and Millenium were both trash, for sure. Even worse for Ringwald was a thing she did with Andrew McCarthy (again) called Fresh Horses. "What do you do when the wrong kind of girl gives you all the right feelings?" the tagline read. One potential answer: treat her like a plastic sex doll and never call her again. biggrin.gif

And a good call on The Stand, CT! Good stuff!

Edited by GeddyRulz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 5 2006, 02:28 PM)

EDIT: I'm glad The English Patient was a rental. Elaine Benes was right about that one. ("Because... it sucked.")

Huh? I thought this was one of the greatest war/romance epics ever made! I cried my eyes out. Fiennes is friggin' awesome. Binoche is friggin' gorgeous. It was incredible to look at.

wtf.gif wtf.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 5 2006, 04:30 PM)
'Millenium' with Kris Kristofferson and Cheryl Ladd. Complete and utter weapons-grade crap!

Too True the Book was done much much better.

I think the person who wrote the screenplay didn't read more then the back cover of the book.

On another long plane flight to SE Asia, I was treated to the movie (forgot the name) that Brittney Spears made. My God, that was awful. Truly sick-making.

If Brittney and Sandra Bullock ever make a movie together, it will be to me what garlic and crosses are to vampires.

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Jul 5 2006, 10:11 AM)
Left an opera one time, it was so bad. We noticed others leaving too.

I know which one that was. It was the one we all walked out of.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jul 5 2006, 04:13 PM)
And one time, during my Rocky Horror cast days, I walked out of the show when I caught my then boyfriend kissing somebody else.

what a loosa

Shoulda ate him for dinner.

I took my son to see "Open Water" and we're hoping the couple would at least get bit in the foot by a Mako or a Porker, had to be the most boring film we ever saw. Should've walked... Now we make fun of it. Hey wanna go see a movie tonight? How about "Open Water"? no.gif schla03.gif

QUOTE (AgentScotty @ Jul 5 2006, 08:23 PM)
I wished I walked out of Alien3 and Star Trek 5. I kept hoping they would get better, but never did.

After I got home from ST5, I turned on the TV and ST:TNG "A Matter of Honor" was on, which was a lot better than the movie was. smile.gif

That ep was on a week ago. I watched it...muy good.

I walked out of "Phantasm." I was scared to death and couldn't bear watching it. I sat in the lobby for an hour and 45 minutes.

Yeah, Phantasm was real bad. Not scary just bad. I was forced to watch it 20 times as I was a bicycle security gaurd at the Drive-in that summer of '79 right after 12th grade. Pure poison. Sometimes if I were lucky my friends might show up and get me wasted. cool10.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Jul 5 2006, 07:34 AM)
Which movies were so bad that you just couldn't stand to watch the rest of it?

I've never done it myself, but my mother walked out on Field of Dreams (I saw this in school once and want my life back) and my sister walked out on some old movie starring David Schwimmer (Pallbearer, I think?).

Discuss!

Field of Dreams??? ohmy.gif

It's only one of my top ten movies EVER!

I walked out on Dumb and Dumber. I made it through maybe 15 minutes with a friend. We kept looking at each other throughout that time with "you've got to be kidding me" looks on our faces and then we just got up and left.

One time I was watching Hope Floats, which besides being just a bad movie, was driving me NUTS because I kept seeing the boom mike on the top of the screen. Maybe it was the theater or a bad print of it or something, but I was SO frustrated that after half an hour I walked out. I had to speak to a manager to get my money back since I had been in there for awhile, but it was unbearable.

Another time I was on a date with this woman watching "The Postman". It was NOT very good, but I was determined to stick it out as I knew I'd never see it again if I left. My date was wining at me so much about how much she was NOT having a good time that I finally gave in and left with her after about 45 minutes. It was the last date we ever had and my prediction came true. I never saw that piece of crap movie again.

I've walked out on a couple others when I was younger, though I can't remember the names of them.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jul 5 2006, 12:13 PM)
A midnight showing of Pink Floyd: The Wall.

I saw it on shrooms. Not recommended. On shrooms, that is.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ Jul 5 2006, 03:54 PM)
On another long plane flight to SE Asia, I was treated to the movie (forgot the name) that Brittney Spears made. My God, that was awful. Truly sick-making.

If Brittney and Sandra Bullock ever make a movie together, it will be to me what garlic and crosses are to vampires.

Funny you mention that. I'm pretty sure I heard a rumor that preproduction has started on Miss Congeniality 3, starring Sandra Bullock and Brittney Spears.

Brittney: You're not Miss Congeniality, I am!

Sandra: Oh right. You don't even know how to spell congeniality.

Brittney: Sure I can! It's C-O-N.. J.. um. Well spelling doesn't matter.

Sandra: You dear, are what doesn't matter. You think America fell for your TV tears? Don't think so.

Brittney: You B@$#!

[big catfight ensues. half the girls in the theater are trying to leave and are pissed that their boyfriends who just a minute ago wanted to go are now glued to the screen]

But seriously, I rarely walk out of films (I have the "gotta see how the train wreck ends" mentality), but my wife and I did walk out of the movie with Arnie, DeVitto, and Emma Thompson, where Arnie has a baby? Can't remember the name, and imdb doesn't want to cooperate. Anyway, it was bad.

cool.gif

Schro

Edited by Schro

I just remembered another one that was terrible:

"Dreamcatcher" based on a Stephen King novel. What a horrible experience watching that was.

QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 10 2006, 02:47 PM)

But seriously, I rarely walk out of films (I have the "gotta see how the train wreck ends" mentality), but my wife and I did walk out of the movie with Arnie, DeVitto, and Emma Thompson, where Arnie has a baby? Can't remember the name, and imdb doesn't want to cooperate. Anyway, it was bad.

cool.gif

Schro

Junior

I remember my date and I walked out of Revenge, starring Kevin Costner and Madeleine Stowe. What a clunker that one was.

Another one I walked out of was Short Circuit, starring Ally Sheedy.