Ever walk out of a movie?

Slime

Which movies were so bad that you just couldn't stand to watch the rest of it?

I've never done it myself, but my mother walked out on Field of Dreams (I saw this in school once and want my life back) and my sister walked out on some old movie starring David Schwimmer (Pallbearer, I think?).

Discuss!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only movie I walked out on was CRY BABY by John Waters. Some friends of mine thought that'd I'd like his stuff. They were wrong. I know his flicks are supposed to be campy but that movie just wasn't my cup of tea. I might've walked out after 30 minutes or so.

I hear ya' 1. Batman and Robin SUCKED. When he pulled out the Bat Credit Card I was getting up to leave, but the ex-wife told me to calm down and that the kids weren't anal Batman junkies like me and were still enjoying it. I calmed down and finished the movie. But I pledged that I would someday beat the ever lovin' CRAP out of Joel Screwmacher. yes.gif

But the one movie we DID walk out of was Disney's FANTASIA. Even the kids couldn't get into it. laugh.gif

Gods and Generals was so horribly long(Close to 4hrs) and awful to watch but I was determined to reach the end. My legs were numb for sitting so long another casualty of the war between the states!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2006, 09:22 AM)
Oh, I nearly walked out on FUN WITH DICK & JANE but I was on a plane. Still, I was thinking about it.

I hate movies on planes. I would prefer to look out the window, and they want you to close the shade so it's dark in the plane. Stupid.

I can't say I ever have, and honestly, I'm not hard to please. I've seen some of the movies that are frequently rated the worst of all time, and I watched it all the way through. Even utterly terrible movies that I've gone to, I won't even go to the bathroom during. I'm just a fan of the craft, no matter how bad it is.

Actually, right as I was going to post, I thought of something- The only movie I didn't watch for a long time, after watching the first 40 minutes was Requiem for a Dream. I didn't even touch the movie for a good 2 years. I then attempted to watch it again- it's now my 6th favorite movie of all time.

Yup. Outlands with Sean Connery. Bloody awful film. Both myself and the missus looked at each other and cut our losses after about 30 mins.

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Jul 5 2006, 11:47 AM)
Oh, I nearly walked out on FUN WITH DICK & JANE but I was on a plane.  Still, I was thinking about it.

I hate movies on planes. I would prefer to look out the window, and they want you to close the shade so it's dark in the plane. Stupid.

On the way to Singapore once I made myself watch parts of Miss Congeniality. They were playing it over and over. 18 hour flights - hard not to see what they are showing.

I've always hated Sandra Bullock, but that movie made me have truly violent thoughts that I have never experienced before. I think if I had to choose, I'd rather watch a double of feature of Moulin Rouge and some Olsen-sister dreck than see that horror again.

It sucked so bad I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ Jul 5 2006, 03:08 PM)
Oh, I nearly walked out on FUN WITH DICK & JANE but I was on a plane.  Still, I was thinking about it.

On the way to Singapore once I made myself watch parts of Miss Congeniality. They were playing it over and over. 18 hour flights - hard not to see what they are showing.

I've always hated Sandra Bullock, but that movie made me have truly violent thoughts that I have never experienced before. I think if I had to choose, I'd rather watch a double of feature of Moulin Rouge and some Olsen-sister dreck than see that horror again.

I actually liked Miss Congeniality (never saw the sequel though). There does that make you even MADDER!? 1022.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 5 2006, 02:10 PM)

I actually liked Miss Congeniality (never saw the sequel though). There does that make you even MADDER!? 1022.gif

You poor, poor soul.

I just don't understand the point of the movie. It's considered a comedy, but there wasn't one scene that was even remotely funny. It was just a grab-bag of worn-out movie cliches. And for some reason I cannot articulate, I find Sandra Bullock to be the embodiement of All Evil In This World.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ Jul 5 2006, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 5 2006, 02:10 PM)

You poor, poor soul.

I just don't understand the point of the movie. It's considered a comedy, but there wasn't one scene that was even remotely funny. It was just a grab-bag of worn-out movie cliches. And for some reason I cannot articulate, I find Sandra Bullock to be the embodiement of All Evil In This World.

Well, I wouldn't call it one of my alltime favorites. It was the kind of movie that was entertaining to see once, but not really something to watch again.

I've seen a million movies, but never walked out on one. Not that some weren't bad. Some were really awful, actually.

Worst I ever saw was a Wes Craven horror flick called Deadly Friend. It starred the kid who played Albert on "Little House on the Prairie" and Kristy Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Albert is a young collegiate genius who builds intelligent robots. When his new girlfriend (Swanson) dies, he tries to make her "live on" by turning her into a robot. Naturally, she goes on a homicidal killing spree... holding her hands out like Spock and shouting "beep beep" as she goes.

Bad. A friend warned me about it, but still I went. Wrong decision.

EDIT: I'm glad The English Patient was a rental. Elaine Benes was right about that one. ("Because... it sucked.")

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 5 2006, 03:28 PM)
I've seen a million movies, but never walked out on one. Not that some weren't bad. Some were really really awful, actually.

Worst I ever saw was a Wes Craven horror flick called Deadly Friend. It starred the kid who played Albert on "Little House on the Prairie" and Kristy Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Albert is a young collegiate genius who builds intelligent robots. When his new girlfriend (Swanson) dies, he tries to make her "live on" by turning her into a robot. Naturally, she goes on a homicidal killing spree... holding her hands out like Spock and shouting "beep beep" as she goes.

Bad. A friend warned me about it, but still I went. Wrong decision.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jul 5 2006, 12:58 PM)
Raising Arizona, just thought it was terrible (actually I still do)

ohmy.gif

Really? Wow. I LOVED that movie. Of course it's a silly, non-sensical laugh riot which would explain my liking of it. laugh.gif

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to watch that again while i'm on vacation. yes.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 5 2006, 04:03 PM)
The Pick up Artist with Molly Ringwall

Spawn 062802puke_prv.gif

That was probably the beginning of her downfall. She hasn't had a "hit" since "Pretty In Pink". Although, I thought she was good in "The Stand".

A midnight showing of Pink Floyd: The Wall. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but because the theatre had jacked the sound system to Pete Townsend style decibels, and my head was about to explode. I don't mind loud, but this was too uncomfortable for me to enjoy.

And one time, during my Rocky Horror cast days, I walked out of the show when I caught my then boyfriend kissing somebody else.

'Millenium' with Kris Kristofferson and Cheryl Ladd. Complete and utter weapons-grade crap!